300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Z man View Post
    On the ATF website there's a "contact us" tab that has a "headquarters" option. On the headquarters page there's an HR phone number.

No offense, but that was easy to find.
    There has to be more to it. Perhaps some kind of Indiana Jones riddle you have to solve to disarm the website booby traps...

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
      What are you looking to contact HR for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Took the poly 7 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything. Wanted to know my status.

Comment

• I'd imagine your good as DQ letters usually come fast and silence until notified of the next step if you passed. At least you have had your poly. 9 weeks waiting for a poly invite for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
          Took the poly 7 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything. Wanted to know my status.
          At least you have taken the poly. Been five weeks since I turned in the eQip and still haven't heard anything.

Comment

Were they able to provide any insight? Or did you get a generic response?

Comment

Last edited by B14_SRT; 04-03-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B14_SRT View Post
                February 2014 applicant here... new to posting but I've been keeping up with the thread for a couple of months now.

It's hard to be patient when nothing is being heard but they are making progress. I took my medical in Boston around July/August and did not have to submit any follow up documentation. I got my medical clearance letter via e-mail yesterday. My background was started before Thanksgiving and haven't heard on that yet, but it's true that no news is good news.

Hopeful SA: I never received anything saying I passed the poly, the next thing I heard was when my background was started around 6 weeks later. Hope this helps...
                That's a long long wait for a straight medical clearance in any process, B14.
                And I concur with the "poly then heard nothing until BI began" experience. That happened to me in another process recently.

Congrats on moving along in the process, even so "lethargicly" (not sure if that's a real word but it felt good).

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me from talking to people and this forum that the average timeline for the medical clearance these days is between 6-12 months. I've seen a couple cases that have been faster and a couple that have been slower.......

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me from talking to people and this forum that the average timeline for the medical clearance these days is between 6-12 months. I've seen a couple cases that have been faster and a couple that have been slower.......
                    B14_SRT-I am also a February 2014 applicant and took my medical in August as you did and haven't heard a word on clearance yet so it's exciting to hear someone who applied and took the medical in the same time frame is seeing movement. Also I heard straight from a current special agent he is seeing an average of about 10 Months for medical clearance on those getting hired.

Comment

February 2014 applicant here... new to posting but I've been keeping up with the thread for a couple of months now.

It's hard to be patient when nothing is being heard but they are making progress. I took my medical in Boston around July/August and did not have to submit any follow up documentation. I got my medical clearance letter via e-mail yesterday. My background was started before Thanksgiving and haven't heard on that yet, but it's true that no news is good news.

FARRJ064: I never received anything saying I passed the poly, the next thing I heard was when my background was started around 6 weeks later. Hope this helps...
                      Keep me posted on when/if you receive your preference sheet to be updated and anything else in the process being as we applied and had medical the same months please, I will do the same for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        Were they able to provide any insight? Or did you get a generic response?
                        Generic response, was told to just wait and I'll hear something soon.

Comment

FARRJ064: I never received anything saying I passed the poly, the next thing I heard was when my background was started around 6 weeks later. Hope this helps...
                          Thanks for the info.

Comment

Generic response, was told to just wait and I'll hear something soon.
                            Oh well. At least you got a human on the line.

Comment

• "February 2014 applicant here... new to posting but I've been keeping up with the thread for a couple of months now.

It's hard to be patient when nothing is being heard but they are making progress. I took my medical in Boston around July/August and did not have to submit any follow up documentation. I got my medical clearance letter via e-mail yesterday. My background was started before Thanksgiving and haven't heard on that yet, but it's true that no news is good news."

Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
                              Thanks for the info.

Good to hear medical clearances are being processed. I spoke with HR/Medical today and they said to continue being patient and I will be notified of my clearance when it's finished.

Comment

• Maybe some wishful thinking, but is it possible that medical clearances are worked in waves for upcoming classes?

It seems that, with at least three more classes this FY, some folks could be getting the clearance letter in <6 mos... as the Feb applicants thin out and HQ moves to place Jul/Oct applicants.

Here's to constant speculation and optimism...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8911 users online. 451 members and 8460 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X