300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scott50 View Post
    Just curious but is there a specific number or person we should contact to follow up on the medical process?
    What kind of info are you looking for? When they asked me for follow up paperwork they provided an email and phone number of a person that would send the documents to the MRO once received, but I only called that number to confirm they got all the paperwork when it was faxed and emailed. As far as asking for specifics I have no knowledge of a number you can call for an update and based on previous posts I wouldn't bother even trying because no one has been able to obtain a solid answer as to when or if the MRO was done with their packets. You're just likely to upset someone who may or may not have the ability to shuffle your papers back down to the bottom of their pile because they are tired of fielding the same calls with the same questions to which they cannot answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by neverquit11 View Post
      What kind of info are you looking for? When they asked me for follow up paperwork they provided an email and phone number of a person that would send the documents to the MRO once received, but I only called that number to confirm they got all the paperwork when it was faxed and emailed. As far as asking for specifics I have no knowledge of a number you can call for an update and based on previous posts I wouldn't bother even trying because no one has been able to obtain a solid answer as to when or if the MRO was done with their packets. You're just likely to upset someone who may or may not have the ability to shuffle your papers back down to the bottom of their pile because they are tired of fielding the same calls with the same questions to which they cannot answer.
      Haha... question answered I guess.

Comment

• Forgive me if I don't read the 200 pages plus on this thread. But I have scrubbed the ATF website and it seems unlike the FBI and DEA you DO NOT need a bachelor's degree as a minimum. Is this accurate? I called the field office near by me to speak with recruiting and left a vm. Also called the field office from where I am from and did the same thing. I am a Marine with 16 mos left and just wanted to see if a viable candidate needs a degree. Currently still working on mine, but wasn't sure if a combo of experience and education will suffice. I am assuming you can't apply until you see a posting on USA jobs? Any advice, comments is appreciated.
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

• Here ya go, Deputy:

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
          MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying general or specialized experience and/or education as described in the OPM occupational requirements.

GL-05

To qualify at the GL-05 level, you must meet ONE of the following:

Education: Applicants must have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in any field of study or possess a bachelor's degree in any field of study. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

-OR-

Experience: Applicants must have three years of progressively responsible experience, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least the GS/GL-04 level in the Federal service, that demonstrates the ability to work in criminal investigative or law enforcement fields and that requires knowledge and application of laws relating to criminal violations.

-OR-

Combination of Education and Experience: Experience and education can be combined to meet the minimum qualification requirements. Experience and education should be computed as percentages of the overall requirements and must equal 100% when combined. Example: For 3 years of general experience, 18 months general experience (50% of the required experience) plus 2 years of undergraduate course work (50% of the required education) is qualifying for the GL-05 level. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

GL-07

To qualify at the GL-07 level, you must meet ONE of the following:

Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GL-05 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience in or related to investigations of criminal violations that provided the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience includes:

Utilizing basic investigative techniques while participating in criminal investigations;
          Assisting in gathering and analyzing evidence through investigative leads, execution of search and arrest warrants and a variety of other means;
          Preparing portions of criminal investigative case reports;
          Participating in witness and suspect interviews; and
          Testifying for the government regarding investigations in court or before grand juries.
          -OR-

Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): SAA at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying for the GL-07 grade level. To qualify for SAA, you must have completed all requirements for a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science or a field of study directly related to this position, and meet ONE of the following:

A grade point average of "B" (a GPA of 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all completed undergraduate courses, or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.
          A grade point average of "B+" (a GPA of 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all courses in the applicant's major field of study, or those courses in the applicant's major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.
          Rank in the upper one-third of the applicant's class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
          Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)
          -OR-

Education: Applicants must have one full year of graduate level study in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science or a field of study directly related to this position. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

-OR-

Combination of Education and Experience: Experience and education can be combined to meet the minimum qualification requirements. Experience and education should be computed as percentages of the overall requirements and must equal 100% when combined. Example: 6 months of specialized experience (50% of the required experience) plus 1 semester of graduate course work (50% of the required education) is qualifying for the GL-07 level. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

GL-09

To qualify at the GL-09 level, you must meet ONE of the following:

Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GL-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience in or related to investigations of criminal violations that provided the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience includes:

Analyzing raw investigative data and preparing comprehensive written investigative reports;
          Investigating claims involving suspected crimes or alleged fraud;
          Investigating criminal cases requiring the use of recognized investigative methods that may have included presenting evidence in court;
          Conducting interviews that involved eliciting evidence, data or surveillance information;
          Conducting criminal investigations requiring the use of surveillance, undercover or other criminal detection methods; and
          Testifying for the government regarding investigations in court or before grand juries.
          -OR-
          Education: Applicants must have a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL. B or J.D., in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science or in a field of study directly related to this position. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

-OR-

Combination of Education and Experience: Applicants must possess a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience totaling 100% of the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Only graduate education in excess of one year (i.e., 18 semester hours) may be combined with experience under this standard. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
            Here ya go, Deputy:

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
            MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying general or specialized experience and/or education as described in the OPM occupational requirements.

GL-05

To qualify at the GL-05 level, you must meet ONE of the following:

Education: Applicants must have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in any field of study or possess a bachelor's degree in any field of study. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

-OR-

Experience: Applicants must have three years of progressively responsible experience, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least the GS/GL-04 level in the Federal service, that demonstrates the ability to work in criminal investigative or law enforcement fields and that requires knowledge and application of laws relating to criminal violations.

-OR-

Combination of Education and Experience: Experience and education can be combined to meet the minimum qualification requirements. Experience and education should be computed as percentages of the overall requirements and must equal 100% when combined. Example: For 3 years of general experience, 18 months general experience (50% of the required experience) plus 2 years of undergraduate course work (50% of the required education) is qualifying for the GL-05 level. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

GL-07

To qualify at the GL-07 level, you must meet ONE of the following:

Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GL-05 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience in or related to investigations of criminal violations that provided the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience includes:

Utilizing basic investigative techniques while participating in criminal investigations;
            Assisting in gathering and analyzing evidence through investigative leads, execution of search and arrest warrants and a variety of other means;
            Preparing portions of criminal investigative case reports;
            Participating in witness and suspect interviews; and
            -OR-

Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): SAA at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying for the GL-07 grade level. To qualify for SAA, you must have completed all requirements for a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science or a field of study directly related to this position, and meet ONE of the following:

A grade point average of "B" (a GPA of 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all completed undergraduate courses, or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.
            A grade point average of "B+" (a GPA of 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all courses in the applicant's major field of study, or those courses in the applicant's major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.
            Rank in the upper one-third of the applicant's class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
            Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)
            -OR-

Education: Applicants must have one full year of graduate level study in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science or a field of study directly related to this position. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

-OR-

Combination of Education and Experience: Experience and education can be combined to meet the minimum qualification requirements. Experience and education should be computed as percentages of the overall requirements and must equal 100% when combined. Example: 6 months of specialized experience (50% of the required experience) plus 1 semester of graduate course work (50% of the required education) is qualifying for the GL-07 level. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

GL-09

To qualify at the GL-09 level, you must meet ONE of the following:

Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GL-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience in or related to investigations of criminal violations that provided the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience includes:

Analyzing raw investigative data and preparing comprehensive written investigative reports;
            Investigating claims involving suspected crimes or alleged fraud;
            Investigating criminal cases requiring the use of recognized investigative methods that may have included presenting evidence in court;
            Conducting interviews that involved eliciting evidence, data or surveillance information;
            Conducting criminal investigations requiring the use of surveillance, undercover or other criminal detection methods; and
            -OR-
            Education: Applicants must have a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL. B or J.D., in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science or in a field of study directly related to this position. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)

-OR-

Combination of Education and Experience: Applicants must possess a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience totaling 100% of the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Only graduate education in excess of one year (i.e., 18 semester hours) may be combined with experience under this standard. (Must include official or unofficial transcripts to verify eligibility)
            Fair enough, I just hoped that maybe my military with prior civilian alservice and associates would be enough. But considering this is copy and pasted. ITs not! Well thanks Ill throw my hat in, in a few years. Hopefully get done before 37! Already 30!!!
            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

• Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
              Fair enough, I just hoped that maybe my military with prior civilian alservice and associates would be enough. But considering this is copy and pasted. ITs not! Well thanks Ill throw my hat in, in a few years. Hopefully get done before 37! Already 30!!!
              You have more time than you think... vets can get hired as a Fed LEO after age 37. Subtract your number of active duty years from your age and if it's less than 37, you can still get hired (ex. 40 with 6 years active duty... 40-6= 34).

But as bayranger posted, they are very particular if you are trying to qualify based on criminal investigative experience. So best bet is to get your degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
                Yeah it's straight from the announcement, Deputy. And you've got time. Just get in somewhere with fed LE ("6c retirement") and your clock stops. Plus your military time (although for some reason I was thinking it maxed out at 3 years military credit up until 40? Maybe that was just a specific agency... Not sure) so just check those requirements and work on meeting one of them. Then you're in.

And thank you for your service to our country.
                Last edited by bayranger; 03-15-2015, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the support. Thank you also for the detailed explanations gents, greatly appreciated!
                  USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                  Oorah!

Comment

• Does anyone know how long the exam is good for? I was a 2012 Veteran's Announcement Applicant and wanted to see if my exam results were still valid, thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc1234 View Post
                      Does anyone know how long the exam is good for? I was a 2012 Veteran's Announcement Applicant and wanted to see if my exam results were still valid, thanks in advance.
                      3 years from the date you took the exam.

Comment

• Does anyone know the number for HR at headquarters?

Comment

• Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
                          Does anyone know the number for HR at headquarters?
                          1-800-DONTBOTHERTHEM

JK [emoji12]

Comment

• Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
                            Does anyone know the number for HR at headquarters?
                            What are you looking to contact HR for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Call them for legit stuff or if you haven't heard anything for a few months. Other than that, I wouldn't bother them. Don't want your file lost under some TPS cover sheets somewhere in the mail room.
                              "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
                              German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

• On the ATF website there's a "contact us" tab that has a "headquarters" option. On the headquarters page there's an HR phone number.

No offense, but that was easy to find.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11946 users online. 443 members and 11503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X