Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If HR calls you up and offers you a spot in the next academy, what are the chances that one could ask for and receive accommodation to attend maybe the next scheduled academy? Before everyone gets crazy on here and says they would never do that because you never know what could happen with funding etc, everyone's situation is different. Yes, I want the job, but everyone has different set of circumstances and I hate to say this but this process is moving to quick for me. LOL. Anyone know of this happening or is it an offer and if you can't go you are off the list?

Comment

• Does anyone have any contact information to the MRO liaison or MRO themselves? It has been extremely difficult for me to get in contact with them; calling with no pick up and emailing with no responses. I have had all steps completed in the process within 6 months, besides medical. Having submitted follow up documentation several times before Oct. 2014, I would receive feedback within 2-3 weeks. Now it's coming up on 5 months, having the medical liaison only tell me, "it's in final review". Something has to be wrong to have a 5 month "review".

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
        If HR calls you up and offers you a spot in the next academy, what are the chances that one could ask for and receive accommodation to attend maybe the next scheduled academy? Before everyone gets crazy on here and says they would never do that because you never know what could happen with funding etc, everyone's situation is different. Yes, I want the job, but everyone has different set of circumstances and I hate to say this but this process is moving to quick for me. LOL. Anyone know of this happening or is it an offer and if you can't go you are off the list?
        YOU'RE CRAZY! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING IF.... Just kidding. Agreed that things definitely happen in life. And life has to be priority over any career (if you are doing it right).
        I would say in the very least you could explain to them and ask to be shelved until a future group goes. It has to be advantageous to the ATF to not completely eliminate an applicant who's completed the entire process. That being said, if they have 2 applicants for 1 opening and 1 of them has turned down an offer before....
        I don't know the exact answer, but if you can't take it then you can't take it. Explain to them you're still interested but need time. Worst they can do is say no.
        Be interested to hear what others say on it here.

Comment

• If you don't pass the interview or some other part of the process, is there a waiting period before you can apply again? Can you try to get into the next prescreen?

Comment

• Agree with bayranger. As long as you know the risks of requesting to be placed in a later academy, no harm in asking. Worse case is they say no. I'm not going to get all spun up over you asking for that. Now you start getting picky, object to the field office they assign you, and request somewhere else? That my friend might cause this board to literally melt down. Not implying you're going to do that, but that is a request that might draw the ire of many IMO.
            Last edited by SPQR 2613; 03-12-2015, 02:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by mbedsun View Post
              Does anyone have any contact information to the MRO liaison or MRO themselves? It has been extremely difficult for me to get in contact with them; calling with no pick up and emailing with no responses. I have had all steps completed in the process within 6 months, besides medical. Having submitted follow up documentation several times before Oct. 2014, I would receive feedback within 2-3 weeks. Now it's coming up on 5 months, having the medical liaison only tell me, "it's in final review". Something has to be wrong to have a 5 month "review".
              Welcome to the club my friend. Feb applicant here and I had medical done in June with all follow up stuff submitted in August and haven't heard a word. There are several Feb applicants in the same boat. At least you get a response from the liaison, I can't even get them to reply to my emails or phone calls anymore. I even contacted HR to see what was going on and they said it was in final review but that was a couple of months ago. I later found out that our medicals are being forwarded to Federal Occupational Health which is a branch of HHS to which I have actually reached out to but with no response. I think most of the applicants prior to us have been cleared and given academy dates so I am assuming they will be working on Feb applicants next? Who knows....

Comment

• Originally posted by KOE958 View Post
                Welcome to the club my friend. Feb applicant here and I had medical done in June with all follow up stuff submitted in August and haven't heard a word. There are several Feb applicants in the same boat. At least you get a response from the liaison, I can't even get them to reply to my emails or phone calls anymore. I even contacted HR to see what was going on and they said it was in final review but that was a couple of months ago. I later found out that our medicals are being forwarded to Federal Occupational Health which is a branch of HHS to which I have actually reached out to but with no response. I think most of the applicants prior to us have been cleared and given academy dates so I am assuming they will be working on Feb applicants next? Who knows....

The most frustrating part of the whole medical clearance process is the lack of contact. The lady at HR will not respond to emails or phone calls. I get that they are busy, but when people have been waiting months on end for the medical clearance, it is a bit ridiculous that they will not even return a call or email.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                  If you don't pass the interview or some other part of the process, is there a waiting period before you can apply again? Can you try to get into the next prescreen?
                  I think it's 2 years from the date of the notice of failure.

Comment

• It's mind numbing to have medical take this long. There has to be a situation going on for everyone to be backed up by this. Only good news is, I'm not alone in the whole debacle.

Comment

• Poly is in the books and medical follow up paperwork all submitted. Now I wait for a class date or a DQ letter. At least there are others here with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        Regarding the FedEx package post-interview... Does an email come prior (i.e. Shipping notification and/or tracking #)? Or does it just show up on your doorstep one day out of the blue?
                        You know... Not that I'm anxious or anything.
                        One other tidbit about the heads-up e-mail. It's actually a scanned copy of the, for lack of a better term, cover letter in the FedEx package. The letter tells you which grade you qualify for for (5, 7, or 9). Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time you see that. Minor detail, but something else to look forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                          If you don't pass the interview or some other part of the process, is there a waiting period before you can apply again? Can you try to get into the next prescreen?
                          Something makes me think it's two years. Don't hold me to it....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                            If HR calls you up and offers you a spot in the next academy, what are the chances that one could ask for and receive accommodation to attend maybe the next scheduled academy? Before everyone gets crazy on here and says they would never do that because you never know what could happen with funding etc, everyone's situation is different. Yes, I want the job, but everyone has different set of circumstances and I hate to say this but this process is moving to quick for me. LOL. Anyone know of this happening or is it an offer and if you can't go you are off the list?
                            What are your reasons for not wanting to go? Hoping to get another office? Medical situation? I suggest if you're going to try this route, perhaps contacting your recruiter who can definitely shed light on it. You're right, everyone does have different situations. I'm sure the folks who make "the call" have heard every reason in the world. Unfortunately, with as many applications they have coming down the pipe, it may need to be very special to hold you over to another class.

Now that I've typed this out, I would definitely call your POC and tell them your situation (I was asking earlier as part of conversation, so don't answer because that's your business).

Comment

• Originally posted by Z man View Post
                              One other tidbit about the heads-up e-mail. It's actually a scanned copy of the, for lack of a better term, cover letter in the FedEx package. The letter tells you which grade you qualify for for (5, 7, or 9). Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time you see that. Minor detail, but something else to look forward to.
                              Nice tidbit! That's pretty important stuff. At least information-wise. Not decision-wise, bc that part was complete at the pre-screen lol. Thanks for the info, Z.

Comment

• Just curious but is there a specific number or person we should contact to follow up on the medical process?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8479 users online. 460 members and 8019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X