300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hopeful SA View Post
    Any July applicants still out there who hasn't had their BI started or done the poly? Just so wondering if it is going to be possible to make the May class.
    Still waiting for both. Completed e-qip in mid January. Medical follow up for LASIK I had previously in early February. Crickets since.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmt2011 View Post
      Just did the pre-screen in DC. Were they supposed to take the preference sheet then? Mine was handed back to me
      Guys n Gals, I found out they (HR) are not doing updated preference sheets at interviews, etc. for the time being. They have changed their "policy" on preference sheets. They are not asking for sheets at pre-screens anymore for now.
      HR is making the call as to when they want preference sheets from applicants during the process. So if/when they need one from us, they'll contact us.

I'm not even sure how much validity an already-submitted sheet has at this point bc I suspect when the time comes, you'll be asked to either fill out your first one or update an original.
      Last edited by bayranger; 03-05-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• No problem there. I'd just check off "anywhere you have a vacancy!"

Comment

• U
          Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
          This question may have been asked already, will my DOJ TS clearance transfer to ATF? I'm thinking I saw somewhere on here that they will transfer the clearance.

So if thats true and they can transfer the clearance, for anyone who has been at this step, does the background process go a little faster?
          Regardless of who owns your current clearance there is reciprocity due to an Executive Order of 2012 or earlier. As long as it's equal or higher the federal government is required to honor that clearance they all meet same scrutiny. I have a DoD TS and it was transferred. The only thing you'll have to do is update the SF86 and accomplish the poly.
          "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
          German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

• Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
            U

Regardless of who owns your current clearance there is reciprocity due to an Executive Order of 2012 or earlier. As long as it's equal or higher the federal government is required to honor that clearance they all meet same scrutiny. I have a DoD TS and it was transferred. The only thing you'll have to do is update the SF86 and accomplish the poly.
            That doesn't apply to all agencies, ask our brothers and sisters in the USSS forum and those in the FBI process. While the ATF may honor current active clearances it is not necessarily a given gov wide. Just FWIW

Comment

U

That damn polygraph.......i'm 50% on those (one woman said I was lying for a job with local police polygraph, applied with a state agency and passed). I was still hired by the local police agency.

I'm hoping that the polygraph isn't another accusing session like that woman did

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                That doesn't apply to all agencies, ask our brothers and sisters in the USSS forum and those in the FBI process. While the ATF may honor current active clearances it is not necessarily a given gov wide. Just FWIW
                USSS is a higher clearance. They require a Q clearance with TS/SCI since they have access to presidential movements. My agency has an assignment with the WH/USSS/AF1 and they are required to be upgraded or reinvestigated.

As for the FBI, I'm not sure it's different. Just telling you what I know and have read.

Comment

• But I'm sure the FBI does their own thing......

Comment

• http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/2012/e1203.pdf

http://m.whitehouse.gov/sites/defaul...ocal121205.pdf

Comment

No problem there. I'd just check off "anywhere you have a vacancy!"
                      Good way to be....

Comment

No problem there. I'd just check off "anywhere you have a vacancy!"
                        Clear on that. I'm sure we're all willing to take wherever is ultimately offered to get our shot at the dream job. I know I am. But I guess that's why they call it a "Preference sheet" and not a "Here's the only places I'll go sheet" lol
                        Last edited by bayranger; 03-15-2015, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Any July applicants hear anything post poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
                            Any July applicants hear anything post poly?
                            Yup... PM me.

Comment

But I'm sure the FBI does their own thing......
                              They do... I am going through their background check despite having a completed background theough the DEA. I was told FBI does their own since they are an intelligence agency.

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Any chance some of the July applicants or earlier could post their timelines so we can use them as a guide. I have been documenting mine and plan to post it for the next group too. I interviewed on 02/27 and up to this point everything has been about 30 days apart.

Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by trk3263; 03-06-2015, 05:43 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5418 users online. 277 members and 5141 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X