300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    Interview - Done. Here's to waiting on the thick FedEx package!
    Updated preference sheet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Z man View Post
      Updated preference sheet ?
      Sorry should've posted that. Negative on any preference sheet. My original August pre-screen version stands as is.
      I actually wish they offered one bc I'd like to change it up a bit.
      Anyone have experience with changing your preferences through HR? Is that possible to update it "manually" without ATF's prompting?
      Last edited by bayranger; 03-04-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Something I didn't say previously, it seems like a lot of other 1811s are jumping ship. Had a bunch at my interview including a FAM and a DSSA.

TDF

Comment

• Just did the pre-screen in DC. Were they supposed to take the preference sheet then? Mine was handed back to me

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
            Something I didn't say previously, it seems like a lot of other 1811s are jumping ship. Had a bunch at my interview including a FAM and a DSSA.

TDF
            I think we are just seeing that all federal hiring has been limited the last few years. So opportunities to transfer agencies were nonexistent. Now, agencies need bodies so all those people who took any 1811 gig 5 years ago or so are now applying to their dream jobs. I been with my gig since 2008 and been looking to get to ATF for quite awhile. Finally in the process and seems a lot of others are making moves too.

Comment

Sorry should've posted that. Negative on any preference sheet. My original August pre-screen version stands as is.
              Anyone have experience with changing your preferences through HR? Is that possible to update it "manually" without ATF's prompting?
              I'd leave it alone. They're going to put you where they need you anyway.

Comment

Someone posted a few pages back they were asked to update their preference sheet shortly before calls went out. Makes since that they have us update our preference list as close to the offers as possible to increase acceptance rates. End of the day ATF needs come before anything but it seems they are going to try and line up our wants with their needs as much as they can.

Never hurts to email HR and get an official answer though.

Comment

• Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fed2Fed2014 View Post
                    Someone posted a few pages back they were asked to update their preference sheet shortly before calls went out. Makes since that they have us update our preference list as close to the offers as possible to increase acceptance rates. End of the day ATF needs come before anything but it seems they are going to try and line up our wants with their needs as much as they can.

Never hurts to email HR and get an official answer though.
                    You can do as you wish, however, there are critical needs of the agency. If your picks are some of those locations, great. If not, those are probably still going to be where your offers will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                      You can do as you wish, however, there are critical needs of the agency. If your picks are some of those locations, great. If not, those are probably still going to be where your offers will be.
                      Totally get that. It might as well say choices 1-7 with the number 8 choice being "WhereTF We Want To Put You" and I'd check it off. Like a boss. But preferences are just that - areas you would prefer. As in the best case scenario offices for you.

Comment

• Almost a month post poly, haven't heard a word since. July applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
                          Almost a month post poly, haven't heard a word since. July applicant.
                          Same here.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIV2014 View Post
                            Same here.
                            It's a good thing, if you didn't pass usually you know pretty quick. At least this is my understanding of the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
                              I have had my name submitted as a referral as of today. I was told to provide my resume to a recruiter at my local Field Division Office and note the name of the Agent who is referring me, so I sent that over this morning. The Agent I know informed me that there will be a Schedule B informational session early next week at the office.

Is there any information I should be compiling to be able to get the pre-screen done quickly? Is it essentially just like an OF-306 or is there more to it than that?

Thanks!
                              I honestly didn't attend a pre-screen so I am not entirely sure, but my buddy just went to one a few days ago and from what he told me it went like this: 25 candidates gathered in a large room, the SAC spoke and it was motivational, the hiring process was explained, they broke off into groups of 5-6 and sat with an agent to discuss the job and each candidate's qualifications, they went home.
                              So I am not sure if there anything you can do in there to expediate the process or ensure it goes smoothly... just dress sharp and have some questions in your pocket I suppose. Make sure you can sell yourself a bit then have a beer when it's over

Comment

• Any July applicants still out there who hasn't had their BI started or done the poly? Just so wondering if it is going to be possible to make the May class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7662 users online. 447 members and 7215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X