Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by KOE958 View Post
    Maybe the MRO works for DHS because I haven't heard anything from them in 6 months. and 8 months since my exam!!! WTH?!?!
    That's ridiculous really. Sorry, but it is.

    Comment


    • An excerpt from the following article/commentary on the potential DHS shutdown: http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=31&sid=3798001

      "Let's look at the two examples of "administrative" jobs the AP cited and see what happens when they shut down.

      First, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). FLETC trains Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) in most federal agencies. Their training programs are highly regarded and form the backbone of the training many LEOs receive. FLETC has limited capacity, so its classes are generally full or close to it. When they lose classes, they cannot just make them up. Their capacity does not magically expand after a shutdown. That means the ability of the government to train new LEOs is harmed.

      The longer the shutdown, the more potential damage it does. For those who are in the middle of training and who are sent home, their agencies pay for travel in both directions that would not have been necessary. The training is interrupted and the gap may make it less effective."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KOE958 View Post
        Maybe the MRO works for DHS because I haven't heard anything from them in 6 months. and 8 months since my exam!!! WTH?!?!
        It's strange because the process really is transparent and organized compared to some other agencies. The medical is really the only part that is confusing and takes a very long time for certain people. Some people get clearance in a month, some in 8. I'm at 3 months and haven't received a follow up letter or a clearance letter. I'm tempted to call in to make sure I haven't missed a letter or email but the way things are sounding around here, I may wait another 4-6 months until I call. Does anyone know if perhaps they are using the time to reach out to our doctors directly or acquire other information?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
          It's strange because the process really is transparent and organized compared to some other agencies. The medical is really the only part that is confusing and takes a very long time for certain people. Some people get clearance in a month, some in 8. I'm at 3 months and haven't received a follow up letter or a clearance letter. I'm tempted to call in to make sure I haven't missed a letter or email but the way things are sounding around here, I may wait another 4-6 months until I call. Does anyone know if perhaps they are using the time to reach out to our doctors directly or acquire other information?
          If I'm not mistaken the medical doctor is not an ATF doctor, they work at a federal health facility. I would imagine that ATF physicals, medical reviews are not their only job.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
            If I'm not mistaken the medical doctor is not an ATF doctor, they work at a federal health facility. I would imagine that ATF physicals, medical reviews are not their only job.
            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Exactly, that was I was told at the physical- that the records go down to DHHS- Federal Occ. Health doctors down in Atlanta. They said on average it takes 1-2 months down there to process and that they follow the medical standards for each individual agency. A lot of other agencies use FOH and from my experience it takes about a month. There must be an additional step somewhere in the process that is taking a long time. Anyway, I'm going to stop over-analyzing and go watch some re-runs of Cops on TV

            Comment


            • Que, I tried sending you a PM ... Hit me up

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                That's ridiculous really. Sorry, but it is.
                There are others that I've seen on here that have it worse me which is really crazy...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
                  Our division did just get new vehicles, brand new fusions, impalas and Chrysler 300s., FED2 and I work in same Division so not sure if he's telling my story or another Agents story, lol. When I got to my Division, I was in old fusion, we had a senior agent leave my group everyone was comfortable with their whips I got his Impala, which happened to be the SACs old whip, few months later our GS left he had a new charger, nobody wanted that and we were getting a new Agent so I got the new charger....long story short it's just the luck of the draw. FED2 and I came out of academy within months of each other and if I remember correctly he has a pretty nice SUV himself!!! <--- spot blown up lol, but he's a good guy so he deserves it!


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Some Taurus, Malibus and Chargers too!

                  Comment


                  • I'm one that has had a terrible time with medical. I finished everything else is 6 months, but medical is ridiculous . Coming up on 4 month mark with no feedback after everything has been submitted . I call or email the liaison each week and hear the "it's in a final review" line.

                    Comment


                    • Interview scheduled! Anyone else applying through the LA office?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mbedsun View Post
                        I'm one that has had a terrible time with medical. I finished everything else is 6 months, but medical is ridiculous . Coming up on 4 month mark with no feedback after everything has been submitted . I call or email the liaison each week and hear the "it's in a final review" line.
                        I am in the same boat. I am coming up on 4 months as well and have not heard anything. We had all better hope that the medical review doc is not a DHS employee, or the impending DHS shutdown could really delay the process for us.

                        Comment


                        • Letter in the mail, it was posted a couple pages back. Typically don't receive anything for your security clearance.
                          Last edited by FormerUSAF; 02-20-2015, 11:13 AM.
                          "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

                          Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
                          German Generalfieldmarshall

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
                            Letter in the mail, it posted a couple pages back. Typically don't receive anything for your security clearance.
                            I received my medical clearance as a PDF in email.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
                              Letter in the mail, it was posted a couple pages back. Typically don't receive anything for your security clearance.
                              I only received an e-mail with a letter attachment, never a physical letter in the mail. Not sure if this is something I should look into or if others have experienced the same...

                              Edit: Just saw EBRSOCB's post, glad to know I wasn't alone.

                              Comment


                              • Yea a few other said they received letters. I'm still waiting for my clearance. I haven't heard a peep for my clearance. Maybe they changed up the delivery method. Email is cheaper and more efficient.

                                1811,

                                I was telling if you wanted to look back. Not to be an ***.....lol
                                "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

                                Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
                                German Generalfieldmarshall

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6935 users online. 375 members and 6560 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X