300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This post has been deleted...
    Last edited by CapAlpha; 08-14-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arc_Native View Post
      Thanks for that quick reply! Yea I understand they have a load of work to do so I'm trying to be open with them about it. Really just some bad luck. I'm worried that even if I did something like that it may set me back or some issues might arise since I wouldnt be within that Jan mark.
      No prob, night owl here. You're in a rock and a hard place I guess and have a decision to make. I mean, think about it. If you don't take the PTT, they aren't going to hold up the process for you. Everyone else will move forward to the next step in the process.

What is the January mark?

Comment

• This post has been deleted...
        Last edited by CapAlpha; 08-14-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Just from what I understand everything needs to be completed for the PTT by the end of Jan so if i did take it in february I think there might be issues and the best case is I would just be set back to the next applicant pool (whoever was after October). But sadly I may have to sacrifice the job in order to continue the process.
          I mean, if they let you take the PTT with the next round that's good sice you'll still be in the process, and still be able to handle your other business. What do you have to lose?

Comment

Quick questions guys. Is it normal for a field office to only give one day to do the PTT? As opposed to 2 or 3 to pick from? Curious because i was recently given only one day and it just happens that its the same day i need to certify for a new job. I asked the agent and said they need to have it done by the end of Jan but that he wouldnt be able to test again until Feb. Am I screwed if I do that?
            We had 2 days to pick from (a Thurs or a Fri).

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              We had 2 days to pick from (a Thurs or a Fri).
              My guess is each division is doing what it takes within their respective divisions to get the tests done.

Comment

• Originally posted by scott50 View Post
                20 were taking the PTT in Tampa in September... 8 this month. Aside from that, I was told ATF was in a scramble to find the last 7 recruits to fill the Jan academy class as those who were previously selected backed out.
                "scramble to find the last 7 recruits to fill the Jan academy class"

That's unreal! So if that's the case how are they going to fill the March class, with most July applicants not finished yet that pretty much only leaves only us Feb 14 applicants, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by EBRSOCB View Post

That's unreal! So if that's the case how are they going to fill the March class, with most July applicants not finished yet that pretty much only leaves only us Feb 14 applicants, right?
                  July applicants will be ready for the March class as long as the medical review officer gets on the ball. I am a July applicant with my poly scheduled, and I am just waiting on the medical clearance after that...as far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jondw View Post
                    July applicants will be ready for the March class as long as the medical review officer gets on the ball. I am a July applicant with my poly scheduled, and I am just waiting on the medical clearance after that...as far as I know.
                    Nice! I know some Feb 14 applicants that are still waiting on the MRO to get on the ball, so hope they finish you all up quickly!

Comment

• Originally posted by EBRSOCB View Post

I think that is why they had us sign the waiver at the interview that we could be slated for FLETC and attend training even before the BI was completed. If they find something unfavorable, we could be terminated without recourse. Appears the drag in the process is the medical clearance. Hopefully they find a way to get the applicants waiting processed to fill FLETC seats.

Comment

• Are there any Feb 2014 applicants waiting on medical clearance that DID NOT have to submit follow-up documentation for an issue? Just looking to see if there is a common denominator.

Comment

• Yes. I have a partner in that group who did not have to submit a follow-up and is still waiting on the letter. From August.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICE Cold View Post
                            Yes. I have a partner in that group who did not have to submit a follow-up and is still waiting on the letter. From August.
                            That seems like a ridiculously long wait. Maybe they'll have the kinks worked out by the time I (hopefully) get to the medical.

Comment

• I also know of a February applicant (not the same person as ICE) who has yet to receive the medical clearance.

Comment

• I seem to be one of the few, at least from what I've seen on this forum, who skirted the medical back log. I had to submit a follow-up, took about 4-5 weeks (including follow-up paperwork) from initial submission to medically cleared. Not sure how that happened, but ill take it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4283 users online. 237 members and 4046 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X