300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neverquit11 View Post
    Not sure what year you are looking at but May 9th is not a Monday in 2015.
    Maybe they meant Mar 9th, that's a Mon and it's between Jan and May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks for the correction. I meant March.

Comment

• Still waiting on PT email. I realize those who have gotten one may not be able to accurately answer this, but at what point would any of you guys have reached out to your division contact to make sure you were not overlooked?

Comment

• Got the e-QIP email today.

Comment

• I recently received my PTT email. I was planning on reaching out Thursday of this week if I didn't hear anything - realizing the holidays just wrapped up and these agents have a lot of other priorities as well.

Good luck.

Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
            Still waiting on PT email. I realize those who have gotten one may not be able to accurately answer this, but at what point would any of you guys have reached out to your division contact to make sure you were not overlooked?

Comment

• Originally posted by Data44 View Post
              I recently received my PTT email. I was planning on reaching out Thursday of this week if I didn't hear anything - realizing the holidays just wrapped up and these agents have a lot of other priorities as well.

Good luck.
              I have a quick question for any of you guys who have gone through the process and been medically cleared. For what types of issues does ATF require documentation, and was it pretty extensive documentation, or just a doctor's letter?

I had knee surgery back in high school for sports related injuries. No issues in the 12ish years since. I am trying to figure out if I need to request my medical records or anything so that the process is not held up while I wait to receive the records. I had medical in early November and have not heard anything back yet, so with that kind of wait, I want to get them any follow up documentation as soon as possible so that the process is not delayed any further.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Data44 View Post
                I recently received my PTT email. I was planning on reaching out Thursday of this week if I didn't hear anything - realizing the holidays just wrapped up and these agents have a lot of other priorities as well.

Good luck.
                Yeah I am well aware they are busy....just seems like everyone got their email last week...I don't wanna be that guy, but like you said after a certain amount of time I'll have to contact them.

Comment

• So what kind of FLETC "backup" are we looking at with applicants who are finished with the process and waiting on a final offer / FLETC slot? And what applicant group are they in? I don't think many from the July group are done are they? Seems maybe only a couple of July guys are.
                  Just wondering how many are in the pipeline waiting currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                    And round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows....

So you guys have your opinion/experiences, USMC and I have ours. Mine was probably the most recent (past year), where someone wiith a Masters degree was in fact offered a position with ATF under schedule B authority but at the "7/1" level. They accepted the position, tried to get it changed to a 9/1, BUT THEY WERE UNSUCCESSFUL.

So you say you're right, and I know my experience to be true. Perhaps the schedule B hiring changes things. Maybe just because you qualify at that level, doesn't entitle the new hire to that grade.

We'll see how this pans out with new hires in the near future....
                    Not to beat a dead horse, and certainly posting with zero intention to reopen the debate about not being offered what you're qualified for, but I am the individual to whom FD2FED1977 is referring. I was, indeed, offered a grade lower than what the hiring standards say I was qualified for. I got "the call," was offered the position and given the 24-hour period to respond, as it always goes. When I called back the next day to officially accept the offer, I asked at that time if HR would review the offer because I believed I was qualified for a higher grade level (I assure you I have a *real* masters degree...I even have the paper degree they gave me when I walked across the stage in my little graduate outfit, too!). HR said they could review it, however, they could not guarantee I would still have a slot in the academy they offered because who knows how long it would take them to review my application and qualifications and by the time they completed the review, the academy very well may have started without me. Well, obviously, I wasn't going to miss out on getting into an academy class as soon as possible and, therefore, accepted the position at the original grade offered.

During the academy, our program coordinator contacted HR and put my grade level up for an official review. The only thing I heard from the coordinator from that point on was that they were going to review it, but it wasn't looking good. That resulted, I later found out, in a denial of a grade change because I already accepted at the lower level. Literally...that's the reason they gave.

Fast forward to my field office: one day, my grade level came up in conversation with my OJT, who was aghast, given my level of education. Division got involved and not even then would HR reverse the decision and up my grade. Their reasoning: my masters degree was in an unrelated field. HR would not budge.

Three attempts were made and three requests were denied. I told my supervisor that unless HR/OPM/whoever it is that makes these decisions want more and more new hires to contest the grade level offered, they really need to change the verbiage for the grade-level qualifications found on the hiring sites, as the descriptions of qualifications may be interpreted in a variety of ways, to include having any masters degree, no matter the field of study, being adequate enough to warrant a GS/GL-9.

But hey, at least I know now to simply accept what I was given and move on. It sucks being broke, but this is the best job in the world, and the money will increase with time.

Bottom line: just because you have a masters doesn't mean you're going to get the grade you think you deserve. I almost think it varies based on who reviews your application, because I wasn't the only one to whom this sort of thing happened, whereas others made out as they should have.

Case closed. Moving on....

Comment

• Originally posted by jondw View Post
                      I have a quick question for any of you guys who have gone through the process and been medically cleared. For what types of issues does ATF require documentation, and was it pretty extensive documentation, or just a doctor's letter?

I had knee surgery back in high school for sports related injuries. No issues in the 12ish years since. I am trying to figure out if I need to request my medical records or anything so that the process is not held up while I wait to receive the records. I had medical in early November and have not heard anything back yet, so with that kind of wait, I want to get them any follow up documentation as soon as possible so that the process is not delayed any further.

Thanks for the help.
                      I had a shoulder injury from football in 2011 I was required to go back to the doctor who did my surgery and get some paperwork signed clearing me. They gave me a few weeks to get it done and faxed in. I do not know if the fact that it was recent had anything to do with it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        So what kind of FLETC "backup" are we looking at with applicants who are finished with the process and waiting on a final offer / FLETC slot? And what applicant group are they in? I don't think many from the July group are done are they? Seems maybe only a couple of July guys are.
                        Just wondering how many are in the pipeline waiting currently.

I'm a Feb 2014 applicant. I was medically cleared in November and heard from a background investigator in early December asking for clarification on things. I have not heard anything since then so I am hoping I'm in the waiting pool. Is there anyone else finished waiting too? Also does anyone know if your selected how much notice they give you before you go to FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Que11 View Post
                          I'm a Feb 2014 applicant. I was medically cleared in November and heard from a background investigator in early December asking for clarification on things. I have not heard anything since then so I am hoping I'm in the waiting pool. Is there anyone else finished waiting too? Also does anyone know if your selected how much notice they give you before you go to FLETC?
                          Thanks for the reply, Que. And congrats hope you get in the March class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Que11 View Post
                            The notice could be 2 months or 2 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Knickerbocker View Post
                              Not to beat a dead horse, and certainly posting with zero intention to reopen the debate about not being offered what you're qualified for, but I am the individual to whom FD2FED1977 is referring. I was, indeed, offered a grade lower than what the hiring standards say I was qualified for. I got "the call," was offered the position and given the 24-hour period to respond, as it always goes. When I called back the next day to officially accept the offer, I asked at that time if HR would review the offer because I believed I was qualified for a higher grade level (I assure you I have a *real* masters degree...I even have the paper degree they gave me when I walked across the stage in my little graduate outfit, too!). HR said they could review it, however, they could not guarantee I would still have a slot in the academy they offered because who knows how long it would take them to review my application and qualifications and by the time they completed the review, the academy very well may have started without me. Well, obviously, I wasn't going to miss out on getting into an academy class as soon as possible and, therefore, accepted the position at the original grade offered.

During the academy, our program coordinator contacted HR and put my grade level up for an official review. The only thing I heard from the coordinator from that point on was that they were going to review it, but it wasn't looking good. That resulted, I later found out, in a denial of a grade change because I already accepted at the lower level. Literally...that's the reason they gave.

Fast forward to my field office: one day, my grade level came up in conversation with my OJT, who was aghast, given my level of education. Division got involved and not even then would HR reverse the decision and up my grade. Their reasoning: my masters degree was in an unrelated field. HR would not budge.

Three attempts were made and three requests were denied. I told my supervisor that unless HR/OPM/whoever it is that makes these decisions want more and more new hires to contest the grade level offered, they really need to change the verbiage for the grade-level qualifications found on the hiring sites, as the descriptions of qualifications may be interpreted in a variety of ways, to include having any masters degree, no matter the field of study, being adequate enough to warrant a GS/GL-9.

But hey, at least I know now to simply accept what I was given and move on. It sucks being broke, but this is the best job in the world, and the money will increase with time.

Bottom line: just because you have a masters doesn't mean you're going to get the grade you think you deserve. I almost think it varies based on who reviews your application, because I wasn't the only one to whom this sort of thing happened, whereas others made out as they should have.

Case closed. Moving on....
                              You're awesome, thanks for coming in here and clearing it up. Hope all is well.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
                                Yeah I am well aware they are busy....just seems like everyone got their email last week...I don't wanna be that guy, but like you said after a certain amount of time I'll have to contact them.
                                For what it's worth I have not received my official PTT email yet either. Just gotta be patient!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4639 users online. 215 members and 4424 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X