Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
    Hey gang, I am not a big fan of handholding. However, I wanted to reach out to those of you that are waiting for a phone call and or an email to schedule your physical fitness test, while others processing from the same office are in fact getting that call.

    It might be good for you, if you have not heard any communication whatsoever, to reach out to the official contact you have within this process to ensure they have the proper contact information for you.

    If you have an email address for the contact, I recommend a short and sweet email just saying "hi, I just want to make sure the ATF has my proper contact information". Then, list your name, date of birth, address, email address, and phone number(s). And that is it, short and sweet and to the point.

    If you have indeed received communication, ignore this post. It is obvious they have your appropriate contact information.
    Doing folks a solid when you certainly don't have to. I fortunately don't need to do this bc I have my PTT scheduled, but thanks, regardless. It's appreciated by all, I'm sure. As the kids say... Good lookin' out, bro! Lol
    Last edited by bayranger; 01-08-2015, 10:18 PM.

    Comment


    • Received the PTT email. Out of the Boston FO. Good luck to all!

      Comment


      • No PTT email here...yet.

        Comment


        • finally got the ptt email. anyone else testing out of the dallas area?

          Comment


          • Just received the ptt email. All scheduled for next Friday.

            Comment


            • I'm an avid runner and I want to share this article with all who may be taking the PTT in cold temps this month. Not to scare anyone, but you can optimize your performance if you understand how the cold impacts your body. The two biggest things are (1) ensuring you are hydrated and (2) keeping your core warm before you start. Hope this helps and good luck!

              http://runneracademy.com/cold-weathe...ct-on-running/

              Tips on how to deal with the cold when running:

              http://runneracademy.com/running-in-cold-weather/
              Last edited by Z man; 01-09-2015, 07:29 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Z man View Post
                I'm an avid runner and I want to share this article with all who may be taking the PTT in cold temps this month. Not to scare anyone, but you can optimize your performance if you understand how the cold impacts your body. The two biggest things are (1) ensuring you are hydrated and (2) keeping your core warm before you start. Hope this helps and good luck!

                http://runneracademy.com/cold-weathe...ct-on-running/

                Tips on how to deal with the cold when running:

                http://runneracademy.com/running-in-cold-weather/
                Thanks, Z.

                Comment


                • Has anyone applying out of the D.C area been contacted yet for fitness test yet? Last thing I got was that I would be notified after the 6th. Other then that nothing. Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • Can someone explain how pay increase/step increases work on the pay scale. Lets say you start GS9 Step 1. How long till you become a 13. What is the progression? Is it one step every year GS9 Step 2 or do you Move to GS10 Step 1 after one year. Looking for some clarity on this matter.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                      Can someone explain how pay increase/step increases work on the pay scale. Lets say you start GS9 Step 1. How long till you become a 13. What is the progression? Is it one step every year GS9 Step 2 or do you Move to GS10 Step 1 after one year. Looking for some clarity on this matter.
                      If you start as a 7/1, you go to a 9 the first year, then 11, 12, 13 (all step 1).

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                        If you start as a 7/1, you go to a 9 the first year, then 11, 12, 13 (all step 1).
                        What he said ^.
                        Then once you are at your full journeyman level (13 in this case), you increase a step each year your first 3 years (steps 2, 3, 4). Then next 3 steps occur every 2 years (steps 5, 6, 7). Finally last 3 steps occur every 3 years (steps 8, 9, and 10). To go from step 1 to step 10 in any grade takes 18 years to "top out" in that grade. So it would be 22 years to hit a 13/10 starting from a 7/1.
                        Last edited by bayranger; 01-10-2015, 09:12 PM.

                        Comment


                        • So if you start at a 9/1 would you go to 11 in one year, 12/1 the second, and 13/1 the third? You essentially get a one year head start vs coming in at a 7/1?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                            So if you start at a 9/1 would you go to 11 in one year, 12/1 the second, and 13/1 the third? You essentially get a one year head start vs coming in at a 7/1?
                            Precisely!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                              So if you start at a 9/1 would you go to 11 in one year, 12/1 the second, and 13/1 the third? You essentially get a one year head start vs coming in at a 7/1?
                              However, I highly recommend you apply for ALL GRADES (5/7/9).

                              Comment


                              • I applied to all but since I have a Masters Degree I should be good to go on the 9.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8502 users online. 437 members and 8065 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X