Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been a long time since I've been on here. For those you you in the Schedule B hiring was there a test to start the process?

Comment

• Anyone have any idea that if your wife is pregnant when you are in the academy do you get to leave training to go home for the birth of the kid. Just curious as this may be my circumstance if everything goes great in this process.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
        Anyone have any idea that if your wife is pregnant when you are in the academy do you get to leave training to go home for the birth of the kid. Just curious as this may be my circumstance if everything goes great in this process.
        Congrats on the new baby! My understanding is they are pretty reasonable about things like this. And by pretty reasonable you will probably get 1 or 2 days. Tell your wife to have the baby on a Thursday so you can have a 4 day weekend!

Comment

Anyone have any idea that if your wife is pregnant when you are in the academy do you get to leave training to go home for the birth of the kid. Just curious as this may be my circumstance if everything goes great in this process.
          Don't quote me on this but I think it is FLETC rule that you can't miss more than 24 hours of training. In my academy class (not with ATF) an agent was in this situation. He left Wednesday after class to go home and came back the following Tuesday. He had to make the missed firearms and defensive tactics training when he got back after normal class hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingArcher View Post
            Welcome back. Tough question since you are a current 1811. If you are on your medical and background now, you are probably now grouped in with the July applicants. I have been told that July applicants have a chance for a Mar/Apr CITP class. Which would put you in the Jul/Aug time-frame.

However, if you are finished with the process, and they have an open spot after CITP graduates, they could try to call you and stick you in with an earlier class. I know there is a Jan CITP, which could put you in the Apr/May time-frame (if there are spots). Not sure if there is a class running right now, but if there is, it could potentially be even earlier.

Best of luck.
            Thanks for the info, Duchess! The info is much appreciated, I am really excited to have the opportunity to work with the ATF. It has literally been a life long dream, they just hire few and far between. So this is that shot!
            "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
            German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

Guy in my FLETC class had a baby during the Academy (well, his wife had it) and they let him go home a couple days.

Comment

Congrats on the little one!!!

Yea, when I went through CITP last time I think 2 days was the limit you could miss. I'm sure if it happens during the ATF portion they would be a little more flexible, but I doubt anything over 3-4 days.
                "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
                German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

• So I just found out about the schedule B hiring because I emailed my local recruiter. I did my screening interview on Tuesday and am told I should get running and that I will hear about testing around March. Anyone else in the beginning stages like me? Also got talked to about the transition of the EEO program to SABT sort of like how the FBI does I guess. I am a former USAF EOD guy which is why it came up. So anyone thats former EOD or bomb squad might be interested. Im sure if you haven't you'd have to attend HDS, like me, since I only attended DOD or AT Solutions courses.

Comment

They are considerate TO A DEGREE. I had a guy in my class whose wife had a kid, I think he left on a Thursday afternoon and only missed Friday. I urge those that make it to FLETC to not miss any time UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. There are rules in place for those "not making the grade", and staying on base is one of them; so study!

As expected, there will be someone that will abuse the sick leave privilege, and the few that will show up on their death bed. There were a few days during the 6 months that I could have punched out for a day, but, you dig in and find the strength (taking a sick day also means a spotlight on you, as well as mandated FLETC doc trip). Plus, the FLETC medical staff will do what it takes to get you medicated and on the right path if you get the FLETC crud.

If you make it down, during the first week (orientation) make the Agent managing your class politely aware of the situation and they'll work something out.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
                      So I just found out about the schedule B hiring because I emailed my local recruiter. I did my screening interview on Tuesday and am told I should get running and that I will hear about testing around March. Anyone else in the beginning stages like me? Also got talked to about the transition of the EEO program to SABT sort of like how the FBI does I guess. I am a former USAF EOD guy which is why it came up. So anyone thats former EOD or bomb squad might be interested. Im sure if you haven't you'd have to attend HDS, like me, since I only attended DOD or AT Solutions courses.
                      I was told today that HR will be calling for more names early this spring to begin another round of applicants for processing. So they are gathering names to submit now and those names will be submitted around March or so (give or take).

Comment

• However it works out is cool with me. Its sort of exciting because I wanted to go ATF but ended up just applying to FBI because I didn't know about the schedule B authority. I'm of the mentality that if it works out it'd be awesome, if it doesn't then I am just not a match.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
                          However it works out is cool with me. Its sort of exciting because I wanted to go ATF but ended up just applying to FBI because I didn't know about the schedule B authority. I'm of the mentality that if it works out it'd be awesome, if it doesn't then I am just not a match.
                          Same here, brother (or sister? Either way). Best of luck to you. I was scouring USAJobs and ATF website for several months before I figured out Schedule B (thanks to some good folks on this forum).

Comment

• So it is possible for my name to be finally submitted this time......good deal. I just hope the recruiter calls me back so I can do my pre-screen!!!

Comment

• This post has been deleted...
                              Last edited by CapAlpha; 08-14-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arc_Native View Post
                                Hey guys I had a quick question. I took the exam early December and was notified that I passed through email (unrelated to USAJobs) at this point am I awaiting the PTT email? I ask because I haven't noticed anything being updated yet and not sure if I need to do anything with my email. Call it the jitters I suppose.
                                You're good to go. They haven't sent PTT info out for us October applicants yet. Holidays have likely slowed everything down a bit but we should be getting our info to schedule PTT this month (read back a few pages where someone got an email). Just depends on your field office.
                                Last edited by bayranger; 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6294 users online. 373 members and 5921 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X