Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the "leading candidate" e-mail. So, notifications for July folks are still going out. I interviewed mid-December. Best regards!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beans-Bullets-Bandaids View Post
      Can Anyone Thats already an ATF agent answer this.
      How does the retirement work in the ATF? What percent do you get after 20 years and how much do you get per additional year?
      The same as all fed LE in 6c special LE/firefighter retirement coverage. You can Google the details and find them on the OPM site. It's around 50% of your high 3 avg salary plus additional 1.5% each additional year over 20.
      That may not be dead on but it's close. FERS (current system) is lower on the "pension" bc it places more weight on your TSP (fed version 401k) as opposed to CSRS (old system) that gives you a much larger percentage of your salary.
      Originally posted by Beans-Bullets-Bandaids View Post
      Can Anyone Thats already an ATF agent answer this.
      How does the retirement work in the ATF? What percent do you get after 20 years and how much do you get per additional year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
        Just got the "leading candidate" e-mail. So, notifications for July folks are still going out. I interviewed mid-December. Best regards!
        You're en fuego lol.

Comment

• 33% of high 3 and additional 1% for each year after 20.

Comment

• 34% won't let me edit.
            http://www.fleoa.org/downloads/FERSG...T%20v8%201.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              You're en fuego lol.
              Just found out that it's 34% for 20 years of your high three not 50. And 1% for any additional year.

Comment

You're en fuego lol.
                Haha it feels that way!!! It's crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by csquared View Post
                  33% of high 3 and additional 1% for each year after 20.
                  Originally posted by Beans-Bullets-Bandaids View Post
                  Just found out that it's 34% for 20 years of your high three not 50. And 1% for any additional year.
                  I figured if I threw out a ballpark from memory it would inspire somebody to prove me wrong with the actual numbers. You're welcome.
                  [emoji6]
                  I really thought it was 46% actually. That must've been my previous agency lol. Make sure you're hammering cash into that TSP early as possible (at least 5% to get the full 5% they put in... Includes their initial 1%, 3%+3% match, and 2%+1% match total) bc that's a large chunk of FERS retirement now.

Comment

I figured if I threw out a ballpark from memory it would inspire somebody to prove me wrong with the actual numbers. You're welcome.
                    [emoji6]
                    I really thought it was 46% actually. That must've been my previous agency lol. Make sure you're hammering cash into that TSP early as possible (at least 5% to get the full 5% they put in... Includes their initial 1%, 3%+3% match, and 2%+1% match total) bc that's a large chunk of FERS retirement now.
                    I think I have math PTSD from the test. I looked at your post with all those percentages/numbers and started to twitch.

Comment

Just got the "leading candidate" e-mail. So, notifications for July folks are still going out. I interviewed mid-December. Best regards!
                      Mid November right?

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                        I think I have math PTSD from the test. I looked at your post with all those percentages/numbers and started to twitch.
                        Wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat after an ATF math nightmare and look over to see a TI-85 and an abacus lying on the pillow next to you...

I digress.. I was trying to short hand it, sorry. But the breakdown is they give you (assume all numbers are a %) 1 without any of your contribution right up front. Then they match percent-to-percent for next 3 (you put in 3, they put in 3). Then they match a half-percent for the next percent you put in (you put in 2, they put in two halves aka 1).
                        So when you add all those up, you put in 5 and they put in 5 for 10 total. Everything above that gets no match from the fed.

Comment

• When it comes to tsp, you should try to Max out at 18k per year. And make sure it's not in the G fund. Go with C and S. In the long run you'll be better off.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoshwMizzou View Post
                            Mid November right?
                            Yep, whoops!

Comment

Yep, whoops!
                              So July applicants are getting calls to report for January 2015 class?

Comment

• Well as per the last fella that stated he got a call, if you read his timeline, he applied in 2013. I'm a February 2014 applicant and I'm currently waiting "on the shelf". I think a July 2014 applicant getting a call for the January class is a stretch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17678 users online. 461 members and 17217 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X