Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July applicant...Drug test done. Good luck 2 all!

Comment

• Originally posted by LeGazelle View Post
      Received, "The Call" on 12/12 for the 1/11 class.

My timeline is:
      7/9/2013, Notice to apply
      7/12/2013, Applied
      8/23/2013, Written exam
      9/18/2013, Notice of written results
      10/16/2013, PTT
      11/19/2013, Panel interview
      1/27/2014, Contingent offer letter
      2/3/2014, Medical Exam
      2/12/2014, E-QIP submitted
      3/6/2014, Polygraph examination
      3/24/2014, Follow-up medical submitted
      5/13/2014, Medically cleared
      5/24/2014, ID Check (clearance transferred from current position)
      12/1/2014, Applicant disclosure form requested/submitted

My only insights into the process are:
      -If you demand to immediately know whether or not you were selected, then the answer is no.
      -No news is good news.

Stay patient and good luck to all.

Congrats! Were you offered a location on your top 8?

Comment

• Hoping all of us get a slot for FY15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beans-Bullets-Bandaids View Post
          Hoping all of us get a slot for FY15.
          Amen and Amen...

Comment

• If anyone is out of DC FO talking to the recruiter they do the PTT out of centreville high school. Satellite imagery shows what looks to be an all weather running track, which is way better than running on asphalt. Also told me once they get around 30 people they run the PTT though he doesnt run any of it.

Really hoping to be hired by April lol.

Comment

• Well, for a second time, I did not pass the test. Felt good after but no dice. I must be a dunce. Hopefully, there will be some classes in FY16 and I can test for a third time (not holding breath). Good Luck to everyone else. PM me for any insight on future ATF hiring.

Be safe.

Comment

Hoping all of us get a slot for FY15.
                If you guys complete the entire process and get "on the shelf", the likelihood is very high. Consider these tips when going through;

- Don't leave ANYTHING off of the background packet.
                - Google the PFT and do it multiple times before the day comes to actually do it (proper diet and exercise, START NOW)
                - Invest in a testing guide (used or new doesn't mater, exercise the brain)
                - If you have a gut instinct something with your medical will need a follow up, make an appointment and get it done.
                - Be yourself during the interview!
                - Mind your manners when communicating with HQ personnel (and anyone else from the agency). Yes, it has happened (for those wondering).

I'm sure there are more, feel free to chime in if you have something. These are all small investments which will have a great return in the future, should you get the call. Now is a great time to get in with all of the classes planned (back in 2009 I remember asking "will they ever hire again"). Good luck!
                Last edited by FD2FED1977; 12-17-2014, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• I heard that they plan on hiring about 1000 new agents. So you should be good till 2018. I used the book below to study:
                  Master The Special Agent Exam: Targeted Test Prep to Jump-Start Your... Master The Special Agent Exam: Targeted Test Prep to Jump-Start
                  By Peterson's.
                  It helped me a lot.
                  Start studying it from now and you should do good third time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                    If you guys complete the entire process and get "on the shelf", the likelihood is very high. Consider these tips when going through;

- Google the PFT and do it multiple times before the day comes to actually do it (proper diet and exercise, START NOW)
                    - If you have a gut instinct something with your medical will need a follow up, make an appointment and get it done.
                    - Mind your manners when communicating with HQ personnel (and anyone else from the agency). Yes, it has happened (for those wondering).

I'm sure there are more, feel free to chime in if you have something. These are all small investments which will have a great return in the future, should you get the call. Now is a great time to get in with all of the classes planned (back in 2009 I remember asking "will they ever hire again"). Good luck!
                    Solid. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

mms95img1648641396.jpg

Here are two of the study guides out there. I used these two and ATF stuff online as well a ICE study guide online. Worked for me and I Passed. A lot of similar guides out there not just these so look around. Study guides are definitely worth the investment.
                      Last edited by Prof148; 12-17-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I heard that they plan on hiring about 1000 new agents. So you should be good till 2018. I used the book below to study:
                        Master The Special Agent Exam: Targeted Test Prep to Jump-Start Your... Master The Special Agent Exam: Targeted Test Prep to Jump-Start
                        By Peterson's.
                        It helped me a lot.
                        Start studying it from now and you should do good third time around.
                        1000? 2018? Sounds great. Where'd you hear those numbers of awesomeness, BBB?

Comment

• A lot of guys are we're hired in the 80's and are retiring soon.
                          So, After this massive hire probably be close for 4-5 years. So this is the right time get in.
                          5 classes of 50 fy15. Depending on the other agencies the subsequent years will be the same.

Comment

• Are there any July applicants that haven't received the Fed ex email yet?

Comment

• Can Anyone Thats already an ATF agent answer this.
                              How does the retirement work in the ATF? What percent do you get after 20 years and how much do you get per additional year?

Comment

• Originally posted by LeGazelle View Post
                                Received, "The Call" on 12/12 for the 1/11 class.

My timeline is:
                                7/9/2013, Notice to apply
                                7/12/2013, Applied
                                8/23/2013, Written exam
                                9/18/2013, Notice of written results
                                10/16/2013, PTT
                                11/19/2013, Panel interview
                                1/27/2014, Contingent offer letter
                                2/3/2014, Medical Exam
                                2/12/2014, E-QIP submitted
                                3/6/2014, Polygraph examination
                                3/24/2014, Follow-up medical submitted
                                5/13/2014, Medically cleared
                                5/24/2014, ID Check (clearance transferred from current position)
                                12/1/2014, Applicant disclosure form requested/submitted

My only insights into the process are:
                                -If you demand to immediately know whether or not you were selected, then the answer is no.
                                -No news is good news.

Stay patient and good luck to all.
                                Congrats!! Guess that answers my question if "Calls" are still going out!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5563 users online. 325 members and 5238 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X