Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
    The RAC where I'm at stated 6 funded classes for this FY, and an anticipated 5 to 6 next FY (All classes of 48). There should be lots if space to those who make it through.
    True. We're in a good era for hiring. Although I was speaking more specifically of office preference vacancies as they get filled and become less flexible on the final offers.
    Of course, I'll take wherever they offer bc I'm ready to roll with whatever it takes. That's why they call it a preference sheet and not a requirement sheet I guess!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
      Are you sure its only five days from the time you get the notice to schedule the test? I think I read on another site that you have a few weeks maybe 4 at the max to complete the test in. The reason why I ask is because I am god awful at math and need more than five days to prepare. I have started to prepare but I don't want to get to in depth because I know by the time the test rolls around I'll forget it. Also the study guide on the website seems to easy, I got the petersons master the special agent exam book and the math problems are much more trickier. Any insite on how bad the math was on the test would be greatly appreciated, I'm a October applicant btw.
      July Applicant. We had about 2 weeks from our notification to have the test completed. You had 1 week to schedule it and 1 to actually take the exam. We were notified on 08/25, had to schedule it by 09/01 and test by 09/05. The Peterson book math is harder than the test I thought. The ICE study guide was about the same as the test. Study the harder Peterson and you'll be fine.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
        Are you sure its only five days from the time you get the notice to schedule the test? I think I read on another site that you have a few weeks maybe 4 at the max to complete the test in. The reason why I ask is because I am god awful at math and need more than five days to prepare. I have started to prepare but I don't want to get to in depth because I know by the time the test rolls around I'll forget it. Also the study guide on the website seems to easy, I got the petersons master the special agent exam book and the math problems are much more trickier. Any insite on how bad the math was on the test would be greatly appreciated, I'm a October applicant btw.
        This is an excellent study guide. It gives great examples and better yet, explains how to reach the correct answers:

        http://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf

        Good luck.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
          Are you sure its only five days from the time you get the notice to schedule the test? I think I read on another site that you have a few weeks maybe 4 at the max to complete the test in. The reason why I ask is because I am god awful at math and need more than five days to prepare. I have started to prepare but I don't want to get to in depth because I know by the time the test rolls around I'll forget it. Also the study guide on the website seems to easy, I got the petersons master the special agent exam book and the math problems are much more trickier. Any insite on how bad the math was on the test would be greatly appreciated, I'm a October applicant btw.
          I agree with dsb05c. Study the Peterson book because if you can do the math in there you can do the math on the test.

          Comment


          • Interview completed. How long did it take for you guys to hear back on passing or not?

            Comment


            • Some have heard back in about a week. I interviewed on the 10th but have not heard anything yet.

              Comment


              • Has anybody who interviewed the week of 11/10 get a follow up email yet?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by OCIR View Post
                  Has anybody who interviewed the week of 11/10 get a follow up email yet?
                  I interviewed the week prior and still have gotten no word, and unfortunately I don't think this is one of those cases where no news is good news.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by neverquit11 View Post
                    I interviewed the week prior and still have gotten no word, and unfortunately I don't think this is one of those cases where no news is good news.
                    "unfortunately I don't think this is one of those cases where no news is good news." - says NEVERQUIT... Don't give up!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by neverquit11 View Post
                      I interviewed the week prior and still have gotten no word, and unfortunately I don't think this is one of those cases where no news is good news.

                      Im sure you did fine, I've folks waiting a month before hearing back that they passed the interview. Hang in there.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by neverquit11 View Post
                        I interviewed the week prior and still have gotten no word, and unfortunately I don't think this is one of those cases where no news is good news.
                        Interviews were due to HQ today. I know some field offices got a head start, but many probably waited for the deadline to send all of their results. I wouldn't expect to hear until after Thanksgiving.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                          July Applicant. We had about 2 weeks from our notification to have the test completed. You had 1 week to schedule it and 1 to actually take the exam. We were notified on 08/25, had to schedule it by 09/01 and test by 09/05. The Peterson book math is harder than the test I thought. The ICE study guide was about the same as the test. Study the harder Peterson and you'll be fine.
                          Originally posted by SterlingArcher View Post
                          This is an excellent study guide. It gives great examples and better yet, explains how to reach the correct answers:

                          http://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf

                          Good luck.
                          Originally posted by pess003 View Post
                          I agree with dsb05c. Study the Peterson book because if you can do the math in there you can do the math on the test.
                          Thank you for the responses guys.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
                            Interview completed. How long did it take for you guys to hear back on passing or not?
                            I interviewed the week of November 3rd, got the "leading candidate" email on 11/19, received the FedEx, 11/20, sent the Fedex back today and got my medical scheduled 11/24. Hang tight all, I'm sure you'll get your fedexes will come in the next couple weeks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                              Did any of the July applicants processing out of Tampa get notification about the fedex package and to schedule your interview?
                              I haven't and neither has my friend. However, I heard all applicants did well , so we should get something soon. On a side note, a friend attending a class at FLETC spoke to some recruit and forwarded me the dates of the upcoming academies: December, March, and May.

                              Comment


                              • Good, I was worried about some of my responses. Partly because they aren't allowed to show facial responses.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8516 users online. 448 members and 8068 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X