Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few posts back was a question about uncorrected vision. I have this same issue and can shed some light.

My vision correct is very good, but uncorrected I'm close to DQ. I called up the medical office contact ATF gave me when scheduling my medical exam (she works for ATF) and she told me that I could either go LASIK now and back up the medical or wait and see what my results were. She said if uncorrected was the only issue and I let her know right away I was planning LASIK to fix it, they would keep my file and everything and retest in 3 months. She also mentioned that with checking with your OWN doctor vision has occasionally gotten much better.

My overall understanding is as long as you keep them in the loop about it and nothing else pops up, they can afford to wait to let you get LASIK and try again. We'll see how that actually goes in reality though....

Comment

• I wonder if a bulging disc issue is the same scenario?

Comment

• Just an FYI, I know someone who got the call today, so the calls are going out! Good luck to you guys "on the shelf"...

Comment

• Thank you Jesse and Dsb, very helpful info. To the rest of us awaiting our results of the panel interview good luck, tomorrow is the due date for our results from what has been said on here. I hope to be getting that thick FedEx sometime over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
            Just an FYI, I know someone who got the call today, so the calls are going out! Good luck to you guys "on the shelf"...
            Awesome thanks for sharing! When did your buddy apply? Did he get offered one of his office preferences or at least close?

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              Awesome thanks for sharing! When did your buddy apply? Did he get offered one of his office preferences or at least close?
              I believe they applied in February; they got their #3 pick.

Comment

That's great. I'd take any pick 1-8 [emoji5]

Comment

Is that for the Jan class? That is a nice amount of notice.

Comment

• I know someone who got the call yesterday!

Comment

• Did any of the July applicants processing out of Tampa get notification about the fedex package and to schedule your interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by U101 View Post
                        I know someone who got the call yesterday!
                        I'll pose the same curiosities... Is it for the January CITP? What # (if any) office preference was he offered? Congrats to him (or her)!

Comment

• Yes and i believe it was 5 or 6

Comment

• Excellent. Hopefully there are some scraps left over for us October folks if we make it that far lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                              Excellent. Hopefully there are some scraps left over for us October folks if we make it that far lol.
                              The RAC where I'm at stated 6 funded classes for this FY, and an anticipated 5 to 6 next FY (All classes of 48). There should be lots if space to those who make it through.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBBS28 View Post
                                So it looks like once you get the test notification, you have about five days or so to schedule and complete the test?? What type of places do they let you test? i.e. library, testing center, etc.? Good Luck to all.
                                Are you sure its only five days from the time you get the notice to schedule the test? I think I read on another site that you have a few weeks maybe 4 at the max to complete the test in. The reason why I ask is because I am god awful at math and need more than five days to prepare. I have started to prepare but I don't want to get to in depth because I know by the time the test rolls around I'll forget it. Also the study guide on the website seems to easy, I got the petersons master the special agent exam book and the math problems are much more trickier. Any insite on how bad the math was on the test would be greatly appreciated, I'm a October applicant btw.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4587 users online. 264 members and 4323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X