Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rj0172008 View Post
    I also saw this online... I think we read the same forum. On that website, they said the ATF just needs your vision corrected to 20/20 while other agencies such as Secret Service are a lot more strict.
    I called the # on the ATF website under career - special agent to see if the requirements had changed from previous years when it was listed. She stated "At a minimum, ATF Special Agents must meet uncorrected distance vision of at least 20/100 in each eye, and corrected distance vision must test 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in the other. Applicants who have had LASIK or PRK, must have been done by a properly certified ophthalmologist and the wait time is 3 months or one year, depending on the type of surgery."

    So looks like I will been getting LASIK as soon as possible.

    Comment


    • I interviewed the first week of November as well and am a July applicant. I have my medical this Wednesday. The interview results are not due until 11-21, but field office I am processing out of sent them in early. I would guess my medical is about 1-2 weeks after my interview score was sent in.


      Originally posted by dreamerk View Post
      was wondering if someone could help me out with the timing of things, was wondering if anyone had a good idea on how long after the interview would you have to take the medical exam, I sprained my ankle the last week of October (pretty badly) and even though it is doing pretty well, I am still not 100% I am a July applicant, had my interview first week of November and still haven't heard if I passed or not, but I'm just wondering how much time I would possibly have left till I have to do the medical, any insight is appreciated, thanks!

      Comment


      • Wow that was quick! thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
        Originally posted by copper78 View Post
        I interviewed the first week of November as well and am a July applicant. I have my medical this Wednesday. The interview results are not due until 11-21, but field office I am processing out of sent them in early. I would guess my medical is about 1-2 weeks after my interview score was sent in.

        Comment


        • Just received the e-mail that my FEDEX package is on the way! passed my interview!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dreamerk View Post
            Just received the e-mail that my FEDEX package is on the way! passed my interview!
            Dude...Sweet!!! Congrats to you. Another step closer to getting that phone call for an acad class.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pess003 View Post
              Dude...Sweet!!! Congrats to you. Another step closer to getting that phone call for an acad class.
              thank you!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dreamerk View Post
                Just received the e-mail that my FEDEX package is on the way! passed my interview!
                Congrats!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                  So what are the chances that the October group could get in for the FY15 classes? Long shot I know but I need to start figuring out my options before I graduate in May.
                  Any thoughts or insight on whether the October 2014 folks will get the notification to test once the holiday season is over?? (More time to prepare so to say) Timelines for other folks basically indicate not, but I was just throwing it out there. Be safe.

                  Comment


                  • July applicant--just finished medical. I had the pleasure of meeting Copper78 in the waiting room. Good luck to everybody waiting on interview results!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by HBBS28 View Post
                      Any thoughts or insight on whether the October 2014 folks will get the notification to test once the holiday season is over?? (More time to prepare so to say) Timelines for other folks basically indicate not, but I was just throwing it out there. Be safe.

                      I don't think they plan on slowing down for the holiday season. I have no hard facts, but I think you may hear something between Thanksgiving and Xmas.

                      I know that there is sometimes a slow down during the holidays, but I am not sure ATF necessarily cares about that. To give you an idea, a few years back I poly'd with them the week of Xmas.

                      Comment


                      • So got word back. I was DQ'd because my OF-306 was an out of date version. And so the process begins again.....


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                          So got word back. I was DQ'd because my OF-306 was an out of date version. And so the process begins again.....


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Sorry to hear that man. Did you use the OF 306 they provided in the listing?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                            So got word back. I was DQ'd because my OF-306 was an out of date version. And so the process begins again.....
                            Ouch!!! Them damn technicalities. I just typed the form number in google and used the one from the OPM website.

                            Comment


                            • Anyone from October 2014 hear anything about their application submission status or written test?
                              Last edited by ad150; 11-19-2014, 03:31 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                                So got word back. I was DQ'd because my OF-306 was an out of date version. And so the process begins again.....


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                What a crappy way to go out. Sorry to hear that.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7284 users online. 389 members and 6895 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X