300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    Wonder when us October applicants will hear something from our application?
    Just so you know, Ski181 did ask that specific question just on the prev page (150) where Z man replied that it took the July applicants about a month to hear back for the written test LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by pess003 View Post
      Just so you know, Ski181 did ask that specific question just on the prev page (150) where Z man replied that it took the July applicants about a month to hear back for the written test LOL.
      Geez. And I KNOW I read it if it's on the previous (50) page(s). I think all the info from the multiple threads I'm following are melding together.
      I guess at least I didn't ask it on the previous page and then forget that I already asked it...

Comment

• Originally posted by rj0172008 View Post
        Read online a couple places that the ATF vision requirements aren't as strict as other 1811 positions... does anyone have any insight regarding what their vision requirement is? Anyone that recently went thru the medical, anything out of the ordinary they look for?
        I wondered this as well as I wear contacts. Some agencies require a certain uncorrected vision and some just want you to have corrected 20/20. Think FBI just wants you to show you have worn contacts for one year without issue. Previous announcements and the ATF page had the vision requirements listed but it has since been removed. Don't know if that means they removed the uncorrected requirement or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
          I asked about upcoming classes for FY15 at my interview and I was told 5 classes of 48. Yes, 48. They said traditionally they are 24, but they are pushing for a massive amount of agents. For those of us who have been on the 1811 hunt, that number is extremely surprising. Hope it stays on course. Best to everyone!
          Correct; we were also told when we were down at FLETC that for FY15 the academies would be of 48 folks. However, FY16 it may change. My guess is either they'd reduce the number of academies and keep them at 48, or reduce the number of folks to 24 in each. Now is the time to get in!

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
            Correct; we were also told when we were down at FLETC that for FY15 the academies would be of 48 folks. However, FY16 it may change. My guess is either they'd reduce the number of academies and keep them at 48, or reduce the number of folks to 24 in each. Now is the time to get in!
            I was told that the ATF will be aggressively hiring over the next five years. It will probably be at least 3 classes per year after FY 2015. They are really hurting folks. Even with the current hires, they still need people. That was straight from the recruiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
              I was told that the ATF will be aggressively hiring over the next five years. It will probably be at least 3 classes per year after FY 2015. They are really hurting folks. Even with the current hires, they still need people. That was straight from the recruiter.
              You are correct. We will be hiring aggressively and consistently. The numbers may adjust though and it may not be 48 person classes, 5 times per year for 5 years. My info was straight from one of our higher ups at our academy. There's a plan in place to add folks, just may not be as aggressive in a few years. Just saying, if you can get in now, great.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                I wondered this as well as I wear contacts. Some agencies require a certain uncorrected vision and some just want you to have corrected 20/20. Think FBI just wants you to show you have worn contacts for one year without issue. Previous announcements and the ATF page had the vision requirements listed but it has since been removed. Don't know if that means they removed the uncorrected requirement or not.
                I also saw this online... I think we read the same forum. On that website, they said the ATF just needs your vision corrected to 20/20 while other agencies such as Secret Service are a lot more strict.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                  You are correct. We will be hiring aggressively and consistently. The numbers may adjust though and it may not be 48 person classes, 5 times per year for 5 years. My info was straight from one of our higher ups at our academy. There's a plan in place to add folks, just may not be as aggressive in a few years. Just saying, if you can get in now, great.
                  As always, thanks for the confirmation/scoop, Fire Department To Federal LEO With DOB of 1977 (taking liberty interpreting the screen name there). Man I hope I can get in while the barrel is hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                    As always, thanks for the confirmation/scoop, Fire Department To Federal LEO With DOB of 1977 (taking liberty interpreting the screen name there). Man I hope I can get in while the barrel is hot.
                    Are you not 37 yet bayranger? Im guessing you are a vet so they must have waived the age requirement. Good luck with getting in I hope the process goes quick for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by neverquit11 View Post
                      Are you not 37 yet bayranger? Im guessing you are a vet so they must have waived the age requirement. Good luck with getting in I hope the process goes quick for you.
                      Sorry, my comment may have read confusing. Like a dangling participle or something lol.
                      The 1977 DOB mentioned is not mine, it's part of the screen name of the poster I was replying to (FD2FED1977). I was just attempting to decode his screen name.
                      I'm not a Vet... Although I am actually past age 37 but current FLEO so I was "in" 6c retirement before age restriction kicked in, but am not "in" an 1811 position. I was speaking of the ATF "barrel" being hot (firearms pun there).
                      So other than those 12 things being confusing, I thought my 2-sentence post was pretty clear. 😉
                      Last edited by bayranger; 11-17-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• (Deleted. Accidental double post.)

Comment

• So what are the chances that the October group could get in for the FY15 classes? Long shot I know but I need to start figuring out my options before I graduate in May.

Comment

• Your chances are actually pretty good. I am in the July group and I was told some of us could be in the January class as a best case scenario and March is the worst case....

Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                            So what are the chances that the October group could get in for the FY15 classes? Long shot I know but I need to start figuring out my options before I graduate in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by copper78 View Post
                              Your chances are actually pretty good. I am in the July group and I was told some of us could be in the January class as a best case scenario and March is the worst case....
                              So if the Timeline was parallel to July group for us October guys and gals, that would put us in an April class best case or a June class worst case (or whatever the corresponding class times are for that time frame).
                              I'm down. Let's go! (Says the guy on step 1 of the process...)
                              Thanks for the Intel. It soothes the aches of the (waiting) process.
                              Last edited by bayranger; 11-17-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• was wondering if someone could help me out with the timing of things, was wondering if anyone had a good idea on how long after the interview would you have to take the medical exam, I sprained my ankle the last week of October (pretty badly) and even though it is doing pretty well, I am still not 100% I am a July applicant, had my interview first week of November and still haven't heard if I passed or not, but I'm just wondering how much time I would possibly have left till I have to do the medical, any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11769 users online. 426 members and 11343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X