300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LIV2014 View Post
    I'm also in the July group and had my panel last week. I haven't received an email or FedEx package yet for the next step.
    I was actually looking for a total number haha, but that helps me whittle it down a bit I know now its somewhere between 2 and 1000.

Comment

• I too am a July applicant, during my interview the numbers were brought up. The agent believed that there were 1000 applicants invited, then you subtract the ones that failed to properly turn in the requested paper work on USA Jobs, failed the Special Agent test and Assessment, failed the Physical Fitness Test, and then the panel interview. That original number of a 1000 has dropped drastically.

Congrats to the guy that already got his Fed-Ex package on the way! That's awesome, I pray that mine will come soon. Everybody I've met from the ATF was been super professional and awesome, I hope I can become part of this special group.
      Last edited by EODGuy; 11-13-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neverquit11 View Post
        I was actually looking for a total number haha, but that helps me whittle it down a bit I know now its somewhere between 2 and 1000.
        I heard the exact number to get the invite to apply was 880 for July

Comment

• Morning All. Received the same email as Copper78. I interviewed last week. Good luck to the rest of you!

Comment

• I asked about upcoming classes for FY15 at my interview and I was told 5 classes of 48. Yes, 48. They said traditionally they are 24, but they are pushing for a massive amount of agents. For those of us who have been on the 1811 hunt, that number is extremely surprising. Hope it stays on course. Best to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
              I asked about upcoming classes for FY15 at my interview and I was told 5 classes of 48. Yes, 48. They said traditionally they are 24, but they are pushing for a massive amount of agents. For those of us who have been on the 1811 hunt, that number is extremely surprising. Hope it stays on course. Best to everyone!
              That's the exact same I was told. Should be every 6 weeks or so starting January. I just hope the October announcement isn't too late to catch the train bc I'll beat myself up for missing the earlier announcements. I'm sweating it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                That's the exact same I was told. Should be every 6 weeks or so starting January. I just hope the October announcement isn't too late to catch the train bc I'll beat myself up for missing the earlier announcements. I'm sweating it.
                I was told the same as well, and that they plan to hire through FY16 if that makes you feel any better lol....

Comment

I would say that you're in a good spot considering the numbers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dreamerk View Post
                    I was told the same as well, and that funding has been secured for FY16 if that makes you feel any better lol....
                    Any good news makes me feel better thanks! It took me months to catch on to schedule B process and I missed 2 announcements (the July one by a couples weeks) so that's frustrating to know how far along I could've been. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat. At least I'm in the process now.

Comment

Any good news makes me feel better thanks! It took me months to catch on to schedule B process and I missed 2 announcements (the July one by a couples weeks) so that's frustrating to know how far along I could've been. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat. At least I'm in the process now.
                      I'm sure you'll be fine, then you'll be like most of us, anxiously waiting for results from the interview ....haha

Comment

• Read online a couple places that the ATF vision requirements aren't as strict as other 1811 positions... does anyone have any insight regarding what their vision requirement is? Anyone that recently went thru the medical, anything out of the ordinary they look for?

Comment

• Originally posted by rj0172008 View Post
                          Read online a couple places that the ATF vision requirements aren't as strict as other 1811 positions... does anyone have any insight regarding what their vision requirement is? Anyone that recently went thru the medical, anything out of the ordinary they look for?
                          I just went ahead and got the LASIK completed, depending on your vision it's a must with pretty much any 1811 gig, the longer you wait the longer that 3 month heal time clock starts ticking. Most people have applied to more than one vacancy announcment and it's a requirement for most others.

Speaking for myself, it was the best thing ever. I should have done it years ago.
                          Last edited by EODGuy; 11-16-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Wonder when us October applicants will hear something from our application?

Comment

• @Bayranger: I looked back into the July Applicants Timeline and most of them received notification the last week of August. Roughly a month after the application on USAjobs. A month after the test people were then asked to conduct the PFT. My assumption is that we will be notified either the last week of november or the first week of december.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                                @Bayranger: I looked back into the July Applicants Timeline and most of them received notification the last week of August. Roughly a month after the application on USAjobs. A month after the test people were then asked to conduct the PFT. My assumption is that we will be notified either the last week of november or the first week of december.
                                Sounds logical, TDF. Something to hopefully be thankful for around Thanksgiving.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7260 users online. 389 members and 6871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X