Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    Border preferences, huh?... Did they just go ahead and give you a FLETC date before you left? Lol
    HAAHAAHAA! too funny, I grew up on the border so its home to me, I just want the same thing as everyone else for the most part, to be HOME (:

    Comment


    • what else did you have to fill out besides location preferences?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
        what else did you have to fill out besides location preferences?
        a whole bunch of paperwork, pretty decent stack, just the usual stuff about the background investigation, drug test etc.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dreamerk View Post
          a whole bunch of paperwork, pretty decent stack, just the usual stuff about the background investigation, drug test etc.

          Interviews are due to HQ by November 21. Best of luck to all of you guys still waiting!

          Comment


          • Anybody know the timeline between submitting the application and scheduling the agent exam? I know its only been a week but I am very anxious.
            Last edited by Ski181; 11-07-2014, 08:09 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
              Anybody know the timeline between submitting the application and scheduling the agent exam? I know its only been a week but I am very anxious.
              I'm in the July group. The job announcement closed on 25 July and I received an e-mail on 25 Aug to schedule the exam at one of the designated testing sites. Had until 5 Sep to complete the exam.

              So, in short, you should expect to wait about one month until you recieve an e-mail with exam instructions. PT test was about one month after the exam.

              Comment


              • I'm in the October group. Announcement closed October 31. Any idea as to what cities or sites the exam is being administered? Maybe the exam will be after the holidays for the folks that are in the October group (not likely). More time to prepare in my case if so. Anybody else see that some lawmakers want the ATF dissolved? Saw it in a news feed on line. Anyway, good luck to all. Be safe.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HBBS28 View Post
                  I'm in the October group. Announcement closed October 31. Any idea as to what cities or sites the exam is being administered? Maybe the exam will be after the holidays for the folks that are in the October group (not likely). More time to prepare in my case if so. Anybody else see that some lawmakers want the ATF dissolved? Saw it in a news feed on line. Anyway, good luck to all. Be safe.
                  When I took the test last go around there wasn't a specific city or site you had to go to. ATF sent you a link to a site. It's was up to you to pick a date, time and location of where you want to go (if available). The place I went to was like 15 mins from my residence. Unlike before where some people from the east coast had to drive to DE to take their test.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HBBS28 View Post
                    I'm in the October group. Announcement closed October 31. Any idea as to what cities or sites the exam is being administered? Maybe the exam will be after the holidays for the folks that are in the October group (not likely). More time to prepare in my case if so. Anybody else see that some lawmakers want the ATF dissolved? Saw it in a news feed on line. Anyway, good luck to all. Be safe.
                    I did see some saying that the DEA and ATF should be rolled into the FBI. Basically those calling for it want as little government as possible.

                    Comment


                    • Interview completed. Now the waiting game as the holidays approach. Good luck to the July applicants who are interviewing the next couple weeks.

                      Comment


                      • Completed my interview today as well. Asked about how/when I would be notified of results... you either get the thick FedEx package with a lot of paperwork (good), or the dreaded "thin letter" FedEx package. No timetable on when to expect it.

                        I've given it my best shot at each step, so I'll be content with the result no matter what. Best wishes to those interviewing this week and next!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Z man View Post
                          Completed my interview today as well. Asked about how/when I would be notified of results... you either get the thick FedEx package with a lot of paperwork (good), or the dreaded "thin letter" FedEx package. No timetable on when to expect it.

                          I've given it my best shot at each step, so I'll be content with the result no matter what. Best wishes to those interviewing this week and next!

                          I have mine next week. Did you find the interview to be difficult?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FARRJ064 View Post
                            I have mine next week. Did you find the interview to be difficult?
                            I wouldn't say it was unusually difficult. I tend to be very critical of myself, so of course there are a few questions I think I could have answered better. Fact is if we had hours to think about the questions, we would all provide better responses. I try and remind myself of that. Best advice I can give is to listen to each question carefully and make sure you answer the question.

                            Comment


                            • Fellas any idea when the next ATF hiring process will start again?
                              Thanks.

                              Comment


                              • Same time as Marshals. No one really knows.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5383 users online. 290 members and 5093 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X