Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I screened on sept 30.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bayranger View Post
      USSS SA (poly) and FBI SA (application "received" lol).
      I'm also in FBI SA. Finished the meet and greet and awaiting to see if I made phase II. Also got my app in with DEA SA. Application received.

      Comment


      • My pre-screen was in August. I also have a triple number as well.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by pess003 View Post
          I was 700 something in the July process but it's just a number. Instead of focusing on the identifiers focus more on getting all of the items like transcripts, SF-50, resume, OF306, etc. together so that you are prepared to apply next wk.
          This is the BEST advice. Don't worry about how many others are in the process. They're moving forward with at least five classes of 48 for FY2015 (more than five depends on funding). Get all your stuff together (addresses of residency, prior part time jobs, etc) because the process moves fast. If you make it to the background, you're looking d a m n good at getting "the call".

          If you complete the medical and are remotely concerned that something might get flagged, be proactive and schedule an appointment to follow up with your own doctor. Don't wait to get the letter, which confirmed your gut instinct there may be an issue, because time is of the essence.

          Good luck to you guys moving forward!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

            If you complete the medical and are remotely concerned that something might get flagged, be proactive and schedule an appointment to follow up with your own doctor. Don't wait to get the letter, which confirmed your gut instinct there may be an issue, because time is of the essence.
            As an example, I know from past physicals in the military that I can't pass the color vision plate test. I called HQ and asked if they accept the Farnsworth D-15 arrangement test--they will (so does FBI). I found a local ophthalmologist that administers the D-15 and I passed with flying colors (pun intended).

            Now, assuming I get to the medical, I have documentation to mail in so I don't get held up.

            I'm a July applicant currently waiting for the interview to be scheduled.

            Comment


            • 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

              I processed through the last group and was given a 3 digit number and have proceeded just as fast as everyone else. I am currently waiting on the interview with everyone else in my group. Atf has set a time limit on every step of the process so far. For example the pt test had to be completed by x date and everyone who passed the written test had to complete the test by that date. I don't believe the numbers are relevant to anything. Just study and work out to get ready. On my pt day I was the only one of 4 that passed the pt....


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Yeah I don't think many are really concerned about their number but that's good info to kill the theory once and for all.
                RIP Applicant Number Theory® - 10/21/2014

                Comment


                • I believe the number theory was misinterpreted over time. It was really intended to just count the number of applicants to gauge how many their were. With a quad digit number confirmed it just means the number of applicants is from 1000-9999.

                  Comment


                  • +1 for killing the applicant number theory...

                    The only "ranking" we should concern ourselves with is clearly stated in the announcement.

                    Comment


                    • New Theory: Anyone who received their email before 8am but no later than 3pm has been slotted as Ultra Applicant Supreme. However those who received emails after 3pm have been designated 1 Million Point Preference Veterans.

                      Discuss.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Z man View Post
                        As an example, I know from past physicals in the military that I can't pass the color vision plate test. I called HQ and asked if they accept the Farnsworth D-15 arrangement test--they will (so does FBI). I found a local ophthalmologist that administers the D-15 and I passed with flying colors (pun intended).

                        Now, assuming I get to the medical, I have documentation to mail in so I don't get held up.

                        I'm a July applicant currently waiting for the interview to be scheduled.
                        My example was with my blood work, potassium level to be exact. As soon as I had an idea (aka clue) it might be flagged by the medical review officer (it was waaayyyy off from my normal reading), I got all the paperwork ready (previous annual physical records) and went ahead and booked an appointment with my doc. Sure as crap, the letter came in and my potassium was reported as an issue. I was able to respond rather quickly to their request, thus moving on in the process with minimal delay.

                        It's the little things folks, that show them you want it bad.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                          New Theory: Anyone who received their email before 8am but no later than 3pm has been slotted as Ultra Applicant Supreme. However those who received emails after 3pm have been designated 1 Million Point Preference Veterans.

                          Discuss.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Got a call today from a friend of mine up north... It appears the calls are going out to schedule the July applicants for their interviews. It looks as if they are being scheduled for the first week of November.

                            Comment


                            • B
                              Originally posted by scott50 View Post
                              Got a call today from a friend of mine up north... It appears the calls are going out to schedule the July applicants for their interviews. It looks as if they are being scheduled for the first week of November.
                              Good news. Was hoping the interviews wouldn't get scheduled until first of next month. Getting married this weekend and won't be back until the 29th.

                              Comment


                              • Call or email?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7879 users online. 281 members and 7598 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X