Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by justwantachance View Post
    Hey everyone,

I did the pre-screen interview in August. Got an email from my contact last week saying that the USA job link email is going to go out in the middle of Oct. Hope this helps.
    Mine was in August as well. I was told early September they called for names but I haven't seen anything on email. Thanks for info.
    Last edited by bayranger; 10-06-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
      Just received an e-mail from PIO that my name was submitted to HQ, and will be eligible to apply to the posting in USAJOBS. PIO indicated that there is no set date for the announcement at this time, but it may open as early as this month. Did anyone else receive a similar e-mail? Once I get a date, I will forward it to the forum. It also mentioned an "Optional" form 306; I'm assuming that form is in relation to current federal employees?
      The OF306 (optional form 306) is a required form that all applicants must submit when they submit the application through usajobs. I know they have had issues with applicants not submitting the form with the application which results in a removal from thr process. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by INcop312 View Post
        The OF306 (optional form 306) is a required form that all applicants must submit when they submit the application through usajobs. I know they have had issues with applicants not submitting the form with the application which results in a removal from thr process. Good luck.
        Thanks for the response INcop312. I figured it out with some research.

Comment

• Ok, I want to ask a personal question. Some may not feel comfortable answering, and others are going to give me or tell me to research it on my own. Im curious for the new agents out there, what is your take home pay out of the academy. I know it is different for everyone bc of deductions. But Im curious gross pay minus taxes and putting into your retirement plan what are people taking home. Ballpark is fine. My current agency tops out at approx 89k. With overtime, and I don't work that much, I have been bringing home average after taxes and all deduction about $2200. Curious about how much a pay cut I would take should I get on with the ATF and for how long.

Comment

• I don't know how much this will help you, but I am told that the highest grade you can be hired at is a GS9 step 10 (depending on experience, qualifications, and current grade), I know ATF special agents go up to a GS-13 and if I'm not mistaken they go up a grade every year until you reach your GS-13. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
              Ok, I want to ask a personal question. Some may not feel comfortable answering, and others are going to give me or tell me to research it on my own. Im curious for the new agents out there, what is your take home pay out of the academy. I know it is different for everyone bc of deductions. But Im curious gross pay minus taxes and putting into your retirement plan what are people taking home. Ballpark is fine. My current agency tops out at approx 89k. With overtime, and I don't work that much, I have been bringing home average after taxes and all deduction about $2200. Curious about how much a pay cut I would take should I get on with the ATF and for how long.
              It really does depend on a lot of factors. For instance, where you fall on the GS pay scale when you come in and what office you are out of make a huge difference as to take home pay. Highest you can come in under this announcement that is supposed to post soon-ISH is GS-9 step 10. If you live in say Washington D.C then your locality pay will be 24.22% of your base; which makes your base pay + locality= $67,787 (at GS 9 Step 10). LEAP will put you at $84,733. I would say you are making around $2000 after taxes, health care, and 10% into TSP (401k equivalent).

If you are GS 7 step 1 then it would be Base Pay + Locality= $42,631. With LEAP added it would be $53,288 gross pay. Take home would probably be $1600 after taxes, health care, and 10% TSP. You can go to the IRS web page to find out estimates on your take home pay. These numbers are VERY rough but generally speaking its what you might expect if you jump to the ATF. GS-13 step 1 would put you at $112,405 in D.C with Base pay + Locality + LEAP. Hopefully this gives you an idea of what you would be looking at.....

Comment

• I was never called in for a pre-screen interview nor sent a link on USAJOBS, however I was just told to come to the field office on Monday to fill out my application paperwork. Has anyone else experienced this or can outline the process from here on out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                  I was never called in for a pre-screen interview nor sent a link on USAJOBS, however I was just told to come to the field office on Monday to fill out my application paperwork. Has anyone else experienced this or can outline the process from here on out?
                  Sounds like that IS the pre-screen interview you're about to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                    Sounds like that IS the pre-screen interview you're about to do.
                    That is what I thought at first, however the recruiter assured me that it was simply to fill out the application paperwork. My contact at the same field office stated the same.

Comment

That is what I thought at first, however the recruiter assured me that it was simply to fill out the application paperwork. My contact at the same field office stated the same.
                      I also think this is the "pre-screen interview". The reason for the confusion, is likely that the pre-screen interview it isn't really an interview at all. You just go and talk with the agents and fill out some paperwork.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Alright that makes much more sense. For anybody that has gone through the process with them recently would you be able to outline the process for me? Any and all input is extremely appreciated!

Comment

Alright that makes much more sense. For anybody that has gone through the process with them recently would you be able to outline the process for me? Any and all input is extremely appreciated!
                          They just go through a form that explains the whole process, you initial some items, go over your resume, and fill out an office preference sheet (top 8 choices) then hope they forward your name up the chain to HR who'll decide whether or not they email the USAJobs link to apply. That's it in a simplified nutshell. It's very informal but critical at the same time.

Comment

• This helps a lot seeing these numbers. I didn't realize you could come in at GS 9 Step 10. Any idea what would get you the step 10 versus starting at step 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                              This helps a lot seeing these numbers. I didn't realize you could come in at GS 9 Step 10. Any idea what would get you the step 10 versus starting at step 1?
                              Your current salary. If you're making the equivalent of a 9 step 10 (like an 11 step 4) they would likely start you at that dollar amount.

Comment

• That is good to hear. I am with federal probation and our biggest gripe is we don't get LEAP pay.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10075 users online. 328 members and 9747 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X