300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
    Yeah I was in the first heat so I didn't know what to expect. That one dude smoked us all but I was pretty pleased with my run as it was a PR. How many didn't pass?

Yeah I had previously met one of the agents there with my work. He didn't immediately recognize me but texted me after. Seemed like a good fun group. Glad that things are moving along.
    Yea that guy is a brand new Deputy at my agency... he was a track and field runner at UCF. he ran the whole thing in 940. My other friend was in that first heat as well. There are 3 of us from my agency processing. Just so you know, I was the dude with the black eye haha...

As for the people who didn't pass: only 2 did not make it.

Comment

• My .02 cents.. I think we're all doing our very best to pass the mins for the PAT. I wouldn't get too caught up with times, as long as your times are consistently below the cutoff. I've been told multiple times by multiple agents the PAT is pass/fail. Show up, run your own race, and go home with a smile on your face. Don't worry about the track star who's lapping you. Just worry about your time.

Saw this quote on an ATF board on another forum:

"What do they call the guy who graduates last in his medical school class?" (doctor)

Comment

• Ah gotcha. Yeah I figured who you were with my investigative skills. Between your username and your email on the PT notification. Congrats on moving on. Good luck. Yeah I remember the one guy not passing. Wasn't sure on the other guy.

Comment

• Just passed the Ptt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by copper78 View Post
            Just passed the Ptt!!!

Congrats!
            Any insight? Or is it pretty much "it is what it is"?

Comment

• It is what it is. I took it with 2 others and they did not make the sit-ups. Don't just think you can go in and take it. I had 2 agents sitting over me the checking form. That being said though they were encouraging during the run.

Comment

• Originally posted by copper78 View Post
                It is what it is. I took it with 2 others and they did not make the sit-ups. Don't just think you can go in and take it. I had 2 agents sitting over me the checking form. That being said though they were encouraging during the run.

Don't stop running, there is a lot of running while in FLETC. You'll have to retake the PTT during the first week in FLETC. Also try to train to make 5-6 mile runs, since you'll be doing those while in training too.

Comment

• Anyone get any sense when we'll hear anything after pft

Comment

• Originally posted by agingoutsoon View Post
                    Anyone get any sense when we'll hear anything after pft
                    Agent said we should hear within 3-4 weeks. Told us to call him if we don't by the end of October.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                      Agent said we should hear within 3-4 weeks. Told us to call him if we don't by the end of October.
                      +1

Agent we had said to contact him if we haven't head anythig by early Nov

Comment

• Originally posted by HercBadge View Post
                        Don't stop running, there is a lot of running while in FLETC. You'll have to retake the PTT during the first week in FLETC. Also try to train to make 5-6 mile runs, since you'll be doing those while in training too.
                        Solid advice. Keep fitness in your life. Passing the PTT is just the beginning. And yes, if you can't pass the PTT again at FLETC, they will remove you from the academy. Diet and exercise folks.....

Comment

• Just received an e-mail from PIO that my name was submitted to HQ, and will be eligible to apply to the posting in USAJOBS. PIO indicated that there is no set date for the announcement at this time, but it may open as early as this month. Did anyone else receive a similar e-mail? Once I get a date, I will forward it to the forum. It also mentioned an "Optional" form 306; I'm assuming that form is in relation to current federal employees?

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
                            Just received an e-mail from PIO that my name was submitted to HQ, and will be eligible to apply to the posting in USAJOBS. PIO indicated that there is no set date for the announcement at this time, but it may open as early as this month. Did anyone else receive a similar e-mail? Once I get a date, I will forward it to the forum. It also mentioned an "Optional" form 306; I'm assuming that form is in relation to current federal employees?
                            Congrats, I've submitted my resume on two different occasions and never heard anything

Comment

• How long are backgrounds and poly good for?

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I did the pre-screen interview in August. Got an email from my contact last week saying that the USA job link email is going to go out in the middle of Oct. Hope this helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8504 users online. 437 members and 8067 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X