Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good info. I suspect that's where I'm at then.
    Boom, indeed. Congrats on the pending PTT. Time to crush it!

Comment

• It really wasn't that serious... But thanks for all the feedback people... The good and the bad... Criticism is the name of the game and I don't take it personal...

Comment

• I was scheduled for a "meet and greet" with my local field office. After reading some of the posts here I have a pretty good idea about what happens next. I tried a search and I couldn't find the answer but has any current 1811's applied to this? Were you told to expect another trip through CITP or can you just pick up at SABT? I know for some agencies if you went to CITP within the last 3 years they will not make you go again, others will make you go no matter how long it's been. Any thought? Gracias!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
          I was scheduled for a "meet and greet" with my local field office. After reading some of the posts here I have a pretty good idea about what happens next. I tried a search and I couldn't find the answer but has any current 1811's applied to this? Were you told to expect another trip through CITP or can you just pick up at SABT? I know for some agencies if you went to CITP within the last 3 years they will not make you go again, others will make you go no matter how long it's been. Any thought? Gracias!
          I'm a current 1811 and did a cold call to the local field division. After I sent my resume to the recruiter, he asked for us to meet up informally and I filled out all the paperwork and he answered any questions. I asked him about CITP and he said that most of the time, they do not require CITP if you have it and are still with your agency (I've been with mine for 6 years). But he said that they have sent 1811's back through CITP before but probably due to an unusual circumstance. My buddy recently went through ATF SABT and he said that all the former 1811's showed up a few days before SABT (and didn't have to re-complete CITP). I'd take this with a grain of salt and be prepped for it to go either way, but I think most likely, we won't have to do CITP again. The big thing is that when you do show up for SABT, they will conduct a PTT immediately and you will be required to pass. My buddy said they did this immediately for all the former 1811's. Hope that helps.

Comment

• One thing I've yet to see or hear is where SABT is located. I know other agencies' specialized training are at completely different locations but ATF seems to be still at FLETC for their SABT. Is that correct? Or am I assuming incorrectly?

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              One thing I've yet to see or hear is where SABT is located. I know other agencies' specialized training are at completely different locations but ATF seems to be still at FLETC for their SABT. Is that correct? Or am I assuming incorrectly?
              SABT is on FLETC.....we literally graduated Wednesday from CITP and started Pre-SABT on Thursday. You most likely wont even change rooms from CITP to SABT either.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                I'm a current 1811 and did a cold call to the local field division. After I sent my resume to the recruiter, he asked for us to meet up informally and I filled out all the paperwork and he answered any questions. I asked him about CITP and he said that most of the time, they do not require CITP if you have it and are still with your agency (I've been with mine for 6 years). But he said that they have sent 1811's back through CITP before but probably due to an unusual circumstance. My buddy recently went through ATF SABT and he said that all the former 1811's showed up a few days before SABT (and didn't have to re-complete CITP). I'd take this with a grain of salt and be prepped for it to go either way, but I think most likely, we won't have to do CITP again. The big thing is that when you do show up for SABT, they will conduct a PTT immediately and you will be required to pass. My buddy said they did this immediately for all the former 1811's. Hope that helps.
                Did you get invited into this recent schedule B process after your meet and greet? Or did you do the meet and greet recently and are now waiting? I'm just trying to gauge the "chances" of gettin in the process after the meet and greet for us "cold call" folks who weren't referred by anyone.

Comment

• After the "meet and greet," are you notified by phone and/or e-mail that you'll be getting the "link" to apply? Or do they just send out the email to those who are going forward? Did anyone get notified after the "meet and greet" that they would be going forward (i.e. name was submitted to HQ)? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
                    After the "meet and greet," are you notified by phone and/or e-mail that you'll be getting the "link" to apply? Or do they just send out the email to those who are going forward? Did anyone get notified after the "meet and greet" that they would be going forward (i.e. name was submitted to HQ)? Thanks.
                    If the meet and greet goes well, you'll receive an email from the Public Officer congratulating you on being referred to HQ for sched B by the SAC/ASAC. PIO will also advise you of the next step which is the USAjobs link. Hope this helps!
                    Last edited by PSOSAC; 09-14-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Sounds good. I have been working with the agent that referred me for over 6 years, and he assures me that "I'm all set," but I haven't received anything about the "link." I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get the invite when it comes around. Thanks for the response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
                        Sounds good. I have been working with the agent that referred me for over 6 years, and he assures me that "I'm all set," but I haven't received anything about the "link." I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get the invite when it comes around. Thanks for the response.
                        I was pretty lucky that my POI just did a phone meet and greet and forwarded my resume. As long as you have good enough work experience and the POI thinks you are good enough...you don't need to know someone to refer you.

They won't send you anything until an announcement is about to come out. If it's like everyone else is saying that it won't be until oct...you won't get an email until oct advising that a link will be sent to you and you can only apply on these such and such dates.

Comment

• QUOTE=pess003;3521143]They won't send you anything until an announcement is about to come out. If it's like everyone else is saying that it won't be until oct...you won't get an email until oct advising that a link will be sent to you and you can only apply on these such and such dates.[/QUOTE]

As previously stated, I received an email. Sounds like the field offices are are handling things differently. The one I'm processing out of had a meet and greet with every potential applicant. The PIO specifically told me everyone had to meet with the ASAC/SAC.

Typical govt hiring practices... No rhyme or reason. I'm just happy to get a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                            Originally posted by pess003 View Post
                            They won't send you anything until an announcement is about to come out. If it's like everyone else is saying that it won't be until oct...you won't get an email until oct advising that a link will be sent to you and you can only apply on these such and such dates.
                            As previously stated, I received an email. Sounds like the field offices are are handling things differently. The one I'm processing out of had a meet and greet with every potential applicant. The PIO specifically told me everyone had to meet with the ASAC/SAC.

Typical govt hiring practices... No rhyme or reason. I'm just happy to get a shot.
                            Yes your POI will inform you that your were referred and about the link; however, what I'm saying is the email about the actual link won't be sent until HQ is ready to post an announcement. HQ will send you an email stating what your identifier is and that you must use that identifier in your resume and the email will give you the link, the date and the time that you can go onto usajobs to apply. They usually allow you a week's time to gather all your information and apply.

Comment

• I called. We met. He called. I wait (for the email). That's my breakdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
                                Did you get invited into this recent schedule B process after your meet and greet? Or did you do the meet and greet recently and are now waiting? I'm just trying to gauge the "chances" of gettin in the process after the meet and greet for us "cold call" folks who weren't referred by anyone.
                                I applied with the group that got the link in July and just did the written assessment. Now waiting for the PTT. To give you an idea of my timeline:

Oct. 2013: Cold call to the FD, spoke with the recruiter and emailed him my resume. Specified that I was already an 1811.
                                Nov. 2013: Received email from another officer at the division stating that my name was added to the candidate pool.
                                Mar. 2014: Received email from the division stating that my name was put forward to HQ.
                                Apr. 2014: Recruiter called me and asked to meet him in person to fill out field office preference sheet / other documents.
                                July. 2014: Received the announcement link and applied.
                                Sept. 2014: Took the written assessment.

Hope that helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14334 users online. 459 members and 13875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X