Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I submit my resume to an ATF field office? Can anybody enlighten me on this? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CDoubleOK View Post
      How do I submit my resume to an ATF field office? Can anybody enlighten me on this? Thanks!
      Going to have to agree with JB on this one and maybe be a little harder on you, but you may need to hear it.

I did the same thing as JB constantly calling offices not just in my area, but nation wide until someone would help me. This is not a day project, but could take a week or more. On top of that, I scrolled back through this and other threads to see what past applicants had done.

On top of that, there are hundreds of forum posts in this thread and others with advice.

And please don't come with the old "I thought this would be quicker then searching through hundreds of pages of this thread." Other people have researched. Time for you to join the club.

Hey think of it this way. You want to be a criminal investigator right? Start doing some investigation work for getting this job

Comment

How do I submit my resume to an ATF field office? Can anybody enlighten me on this? Thanks!
        Also while some have had luck submitting resumes cold this is not the norm, most have been recruited and referred by an ATF employee. Schedule B can also be referred to as targeted hiring.

Comment

Hey dude don't sweat these guys. They aren't 1811s yet just internet know it alls. It's good that you ask questions. It's called working smarter not harder. If you think spending days researching a piece of information rather than asking where you can find it is a good idea... I got some bad news for you. Just because you didn't didn't have the sense to just ask don't crap in someone for having the sense to.

Once you get on there will always be someone to answer questions and point you in the right direction. Nobody expects you to figure it out on your own. If you spend weeks researching something that everyone in the office already knows you're likely to get a "Why the heck didn't you just ask somebody?" than a pat on the back.

BTW nothing you research on this forum will help you be a successful 1811... Not even reading all 300 pages. None of the other applicants have a clue and it's all speculation.

Good luck and keep asking questions!

-Dog an actual 1811
          Last edited by DogCop927; 09-11-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DogCop927 View Post
            Hey dude don't sweat these guys. They aren't 1811s yet just internet know it alls. It's good that you ask questions. It's called working smarter not harder. If you think spending days researching a piece of information rather than asking where you can find it is a good idea... I got some bad news for you. Just because you didn't didn't have the sense to just ask don't crap in someone for having the sense to.

Once you get on there will always be someone to answer questions and point you in the right direction. Nobody expects you to figure it out on your own. If you spend weeks researching something that everyone in the office already knows you're likely to get a "Why the heck didn't you just ask somebody?" than a pat on the back.

BTW nothing you research on this forum will help you be a successful 1811... Not even reading all 300 pages. None of the other applicants have a clue and it's all speculation.

-Dog an actual 1811
            Lol. Well-stated counterpoint. Now that that's over and done with, let's move on, shall we?
            Resume (as in start up again... not resume') the speculative guesswork on inside info on the hiring process. That's what we thrive on in here lol.

Comment

CDoubleOK...feel free to PM me and I will try to give you as much info as possible. I actually spoke to my DOO this morning in regards to the Schedule B process...I have a few folks I would like to put forward and am unsure of the process myself, so don't feel bad that you are still kind of lost as to the process...it can be both a daunting and intimidating process.

I also agree with DogCop; one does not get "brownie" points by being condescending to fellow forum members. I think that was a great question. I mean you do want to it badly as Jb2557 states, badly enough you started your research by asking folks that may have already completed the process right here in this forum and as DaShwstoppa so eloquently put it you have also demonstrated great criminal investigator skills by starting with the one source you knew would have a wealth of knowledge on the subject you needed to inquire about.

We are a team during CITP, a team during SABT and function as one in the field...do each other a favor and help each other out now as you never know who you will be classmates with, work with or serve a warrant with. Whats the point in making each other feel bad, all of us currently or at one time wanted to achieve the common goal of becoming an ATF agent, so begin here by helping each other out in a respectful and informational way.

I wish each of you the best of luck, I can truly say nothing was more fulfilling than walking across that stage and receiving my creds!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
                CDoubleOK...feel free to PM me and I will try to give you as much info as possible. I actually spoke to my DOO this morning in regards to the Schedule B process...I have a few folks I would like to put forward and am unsure of the process myself, so don't feel bad that you are still kind of lost as to the process...it can be both a daunting and intimidating process.

I also agree with DogCop; one does not get "brownie" points by being condescending to fellow forum members. I think that was a great question. I mean you do want to it badly as Jb2557 states, badly enough you started your research by asking folks that may have already completed the process right here in this forum and as DaShwstoppa so eloquently put it you have also demonstrated great criminal investigator skills by starting with the one source you knew would have a wealth of knowledge on the subject you needed to inquire about.

We are a team during CITP, a team during SABT and function as one in the field...do each other a favor and help each other out now as you never know who you will be classmates with, work with or serve a warrant with. Whats the point in making each other feel bad, all of us currently or at one time wanted to achieve the common goal of becoming an ATF agent, so begin here by helping each other out in a respectful and informational way.

I wish each of you the best of luck, I can truly say nothing was more fulfilling than walking across that stage and receiving my creds!!!
                I long for that feel too and hopefully it will happen next year.

Comment

• Lol they are the same trolls that told my brother, an Apache pilot with a TS clearance, that a drunken disorderly in college would keep him out of law enforcement. But yea, just as the guys above stated, if you can get the answers in the easiest way then why not? I actually just went to work and busted my tail. I made a name for myself and was approached by agents regarding schedule B hiring. Just be diligent in everything you do and let God take control! ... just enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by DogCop927 View Post

-Dog an actual 1811
                    I think you will agree that there is a big difference between asking for advice or to be pointed in the right direction by someone and downright laziness.

The question "how do I submit my resume to a recruiter" or something to that extent has been asked countless times on this thread. I clicked back just 3 pages and found this response to one such similar question:

"They are still hiring now for Schedule B. That means you need to know an ATF agent or be one of the lucky ones who submit their resume to the local field office and get selected."

As well as this one:

"Schedule B testing is not secret and it had nothing to do with the last public announcement. Contact the nearest recruiter and get the information from him/her. The recruiter will either submit your name to the SAC or tell you better luck next time."

To me that's a heck of a lot quicker And more efficient then typing it up and then waiting for someone to respond to it but to each their own.

I never suggested he read through 300 pages of this thread like it was the only way to get information and if it came off that way I apologize. I simply stated by doing so you could get a lot more useful information.

I actually in a roundabout way answered his question too. CALL AN ATF OFFICE if you don't know anyone. Again, scroll back a few pages and I'm sure you can find someone who typed that up as well.

I agree we all could be on the same team someday, wasn't trying to come off as a know it all, just someone who gets sick of hearing the same question in this thread about every 5 pages.

Also, why the need to say you are a actual 1811 like that makes a difference or makes you "above" us "non 1811 internet know it alls"? Congrats on your achievement but I am not one of those guys who worships 1811s just because I am not one. Just because I am not one doesn't mean I don't know what it takes to achieve it. (I am nearly done with a 1811 process so I have a few clues as to what it takes to get hired, and the academies are similar to most other ones. No surprises for people who have been through a academy before is my point.) I want to be a 1811 yes, but I look at it as a job, not the holy grail like some or above or below any other law enforcement. If we were discussing ins and outs of the job, then you stating you were a 1811 would be relevant but we were not.

I am law enforcement and I am pretty sure culture in "non 1811 law enforcement" as well as 1811 culture is pretty similar. If someone looks lazy, (no matter the law enforcement job), their teammates will let them know about it. Not "nicely answer their question".

Kind of like when you work somewhere and someone asks you where a restroom is and there literally is a sign right in front of their face that says "RESTROOM". Maybe not the best analogy but you get the point, there is a difference between cutting corners to be efficient and laziness.
                    Last edited by DaShwstoppahbk; 09-12-2014, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scott50 View Post
                      Lol they are the same trolls that told my brother, an Apache pilot with a TS clearance, that a drunken disorderly in college would keep him out of law enforcement. But yea, just as the guys above stated, if you can get the answers in the easiest way then why not? I actually just went to work and busted my tail. I made a name for myself and was approached by agents regarding schedule B hiring. Just be diligent in everything you do and let God take control! ... just enjoy the ride!
                      Don't know if this was directed at me specifically or generally but I never said that. I know a few guys with criminal records for that kind of stuff that currently hold a federal badge and gun.
                      Last edited by DaShwstoppahbk; 09-12-2014, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post

I agree with most of what you say here but you recently getting out of a academy will agree: you only are as good as your weakest link on the team.

Yes sometimes it's best to help them and point them in the right direction. Other times they need a swift kick in the you know what. We will agree to disagree. I can admit I may have chosen the wrong type of response, but again seeing this same question every 5 pages starts to get annoying after awhile
                        Last edited by DaShwstoppahbk; 09-12-2014, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Does anybody know how the "Schedule B" works?... just kidding!! Good luck 2 all!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikestalone View Post
                            does anybody know how the "schedule b" works?... Just kidding!! good luck 2 all!!
                            nnnnnooooooo!!!!!!!!! Don't ask for god's sake!!!!!!!
                            Lmao

Comment

• Truce! It's over, guys. Everyone said their peace and made valid points. Everybody wins. It's all good. It's the Internet. Let's move on to productive conversation.
                              I'll start... Does anyone know if a FO is able to send an individual name up to a SAC or do the names pile up until they call for a group to process? I was submitted this week but not clear if I went into the pool and am waiting or if my next step is to receive the email link. I ask here bc I'm hesitant to bother my FO RAC. Anyone else get a call this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                                Truce! It's over, guys. Everyone said their peace and made valid points. Everybody wins. It's all good. It's the Internet. Let's move on to productive conversation.
                                I'll start... Does anyone know if a FO is able to send an individual name up to a SAC or do the names pile up until they call for a group to process? I was submitted this week but not clear if I went into the pool and am waiting or if my next step is to receive the email link. I ask here bc I'm hesitant to bother my FO RAC. Anyone else get a call this week?
                                Good point bayranger! Quit the dissention.

Not totally sure about your question, but my FO forwarded my info to the Division. From there, they sent HQ a stack of names (around 20). Best to ya. I just called HR and the PTT Test should be in a couple weeks, my name is on the list. Boom!

Happy Friday!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8122 users online. 271 members and 7851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X