300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jondw View Post
    ATF just announced that there will be an academy class of 48 in September. There were not supposed to be any more classes until January, so hopefully this is an indication of how badly ATF needs people. Keep clearing out the hiring pool!
    With more to come next year....they're doing an awesome job at trying to fill the vacancies for both S/A and IOI.

Comment

• Just got the call. Anyone that's already in FLETC have some pro-tips or "I wish I had known's" for arrival (gear, cell carriers that don't work, etc) that they could PM me?

Good Luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vyzz View Post
        Just got the call. Anyone that's already in FLETC have some pro-tips or "I wish I had known's" for arrival (gear, cell carriers that don't work, etc) that they could PM me?

Good Luck to all.

Are you in the September class? P/M me and I can help you out.

And for anyone else in the process, ATF is putting a handful of classes through even after the Sept one, so hang in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genesis12 View Post
          Are you in the September class? P/M me and I can help you out.

And for anyone else in the process, ATF is putting a handful of classes through even after the Sept one, so hang in there.
          Do you know, are they scheduling additional classes prior to the January class?

Comment

• Just filled out my pre-screen and preference sheet paperwork. Anyone else from the July 2014 submissions moving along?

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
              Just filled out my pre-screen and preference sheet paperwork. Anyone else from the July 2014 submissions moving along?
              I haven't recieved anything......even called the recruiter from my area and he hasn't returned my phone call.

Comment

Just filled out my pre-screen and preference sheet paperwork. Anyone else from the July 2014 submissions moving along?
                Same here. Met with them earlier in the week. Filling out the preference sheet on the spot was super stressful... Pretty much shot from the hip, came home and told the wife my choices.

Comment

Still waiting.....

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                    Same here. Met with them earlier in the week. Filling out the preference sheet on the spot was super stressful... Pretty much shot from the hip, came home and told the wife my choices.
                    Wondering if anyone else further along in the process can shed light on something...

I filled out the pre-screen paperwork in April and applied a couple weeks ago. I've also heard that you fill out location preferences at the structured interview. It seems like folks are filling out locations twice (pre-screen & interview)... thoughts? If we will be filling out preferences at the interview, what was the significance of doing it during the pre-screen?
                    Last edited by Z man; 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z man View Post
                      Wondering if anyone else further along in the process can shed light on something...

I filled out the pre-screen paperwork in April and applied a couple weeks ago. I've also heard that you fill out location preferences at the structured interview. It seems like folks are filling out locations twice (pre-screen & interview)... thoughts? If we will be filling out preferences at the interview, what was the significance of doing it during the pre-screen?
                      Not trying to be a smart*****, but, maybe because they want you to fill it out......

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                        Not trying to be a smart*****, but, maybe because they want you to fill it out......
                        Usually when someone starts out a statement with "not trying to be a smart***," they commence to be one.

If you don't know the answer to the question, then let someone else answer.

My question is a fair one. Like PSOSAC, I had to fill out preferences on the fly. Were they just wanting to see if we are willing to move? Is the list at the interview based on actual vacancies?

If locations are filled out at the interview, then folks who are questioning their pre-screen choices shouldn't worry, right?

There are a number of meaningful, helpful ways to address this question. The first assignment can be a big deal depending on one's family situation, so I think many of us are just trying to understand how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                          I haven't recieved anything......even called the recruiter from my area and he hasn't returned my phone call.
                          Det_sje, I wouldn't worry, you still have time. I was told that a final list , one from each field division (SAC approved), will be sent to HQ in the next 2-3 weeks. From what I was told, things should be moving along fairly quickly.

Comment

Usually when someone starts out a statement with "not trying to be a smart***," they commence to be one.

If you don't know the answer to the question, then let someone else answer.

My question is a fair one. Like PSOSAC, I had to fill out preferences on the fly. Were they just wanting to see if we are willing to move? Is the list at the interview based on actual vacancies?

If locations are filled out at the interview, then folks who are questioning their pre-screen choices shouldn't worry, right?

There are a number of meaningful, helpful ways to address this question. The first assignment can be a big deal depending on one's family situation, so I think many of us are just trying to understand how it works.
                            And now that you have actually asked valid questions, versus just questioning the hiring process, maybe I can help......

- You sign a mobility agreement, so moving should be at the forefront of your mind. Some folks are offered one of their choices, while others are offered a location they've never even considered. Nobody knows how it works, except those in the big office. What it comes down to; do you want the job no matter what?
                            - Filling out a preference list is just that; your preferences. I would think they're going to start loading up the larger cities and higher crime locations first. My recommendation, BE FLEXIBLE.
                            - When it is all said and done, it comes down to the needs of the agency. They will offer you a gig in a certain area and you have 24 hours to talk it over with your wife/hubby and make a decision.
                            - Funny point; someone even said they have a dart board with a map on it and wherever the dart lands, that's your offer! Of course we all know that isn't true, but it was funny when I heard one guy say it.

Good luck to you guys in the process. It's a great time to get in. My advice on the preference list; be flexible and use a little reasoning. It may be tough to voluntarily offer to move 500 miles away, but, it all comes down to how bad you want to be here. The good part is, at least they tell you where you're going at the initial offer, versus finding out halfway through the academy!

Once again, good luck!

Comment

Just my opinion on a couple of possible reasons for filling out the wish list twice.

Previously there wasn't an initial pre screen with the applicants, this is specific to the schedule B process. We were told that good quality candidates were going all the way through the process and then turning down the job when they found out that they had to move. Now the information is given to the applicant at the start of the process, so nobody should be surprised if they are required to move. Some move and some don't, no way to predict it.

Also, it's possible that since the initial screening is so new that HR just hasn't updated the paperwork that they send along for each applicants interview. Maybe eventually it will be taken out.
                              Last edited by Fritz1; 08-09-2014, 01:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Sounds legit to me. Don't know if I made it past the initial screen, but I do know they were VERY interested/happy that I moved over 2500 miles away to take my current gig...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11629 users online. 420 members and 11209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X