Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vyzz View Post
    Regarding the medical hold-up..

I did my application in July last year, and had my physical in Feb. Finished everything else and was held up with the medical over very silly things. Every 3 weeks I got a new letter that said I needed to send them one more thing. Finally sent in the last paperwork at the end of June, and this week I got my Medically Cleared email. The date I got the clear was the 21st of this month, but it was dated 2 July. So, long story short, they are working on it, or it may even be done and just not forwarded to you yet, but there really isn't any way to speed the process up by calling them. If there was an error or an issue, they will call you, otherwise it's working. (They called me once or twice over an email attachment not opening)

Good luck to those from my schedule B group with getting in to the next academy class.

Good to hear, gives me hope that the medical clearance wait could soon be over

Comment

• I got a weird "medical" email today..... stating that by continuing in the hiring process I am required to have a medical exam. It then went on asking me to provide the dates of my exam(s). To me, this is strange because I had both portions of my exam in early July.

I emailed back with the dates I completed the exam. I also called -- out of office.

I then called the site where I had both appointments to see if for some reason my package wasn't sent out. It was ... and the ATF received it.

...I will be calling the MRO first thing again in the morning.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Comment

• @dsimms01 : I believe my security clearance transferred so I kind of skipped that process, and they did the ID check a couple weeks after my physical exam. The background takes a while, and the last step of it is your ID check. From what others have said before they got the call for academy date; the Medically Cleared paperwork was the very last item they got. It took about a month before I got my first email requesting additional medical information after the physical exam by ATF was done.. which leads me to...

@Eck0128 : I believe the letter you got is actually asking for you to get a personal physician to do a physical exam on you that expands on things identified during your ATF physical. I got a similar letter at the start that asked me to justify 15 issues/exams that I had in my medical history and basically prove I was still physically fit and capable. I had to get my personal physician to do a full physical and write a letter addressing all the items outlined in the letter and forward that to ATF for their review. Next I received more specific letters requesting current tests be done.

Comment

• Is their another way I can submit my resume for schedule B hiring? I don't think the agent I talked to sent mine forward.

Comment

• I was able to reach the individual who emailed me regarding the dates of my medical exam. Apparently she really did only need the dates I completed the exams.

She stated that my paperwork was with the doctor so she didn't have the dates she needed in front of her. Strange - but good to know they are working on things....

With the Poly complete I think I only have the background to go along with being medically cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eck0128 View Post
              I was able to reach the individual who emailed me regarding the dates of my medical exam. Apparently she really did only need the dates I completed the exams. .
              Thanks for posting a follow up regarding the email you received. I received the same email yesterday and also found it weird, especially since my blood work and TB follow up was this morning. Doc said my results were boringly normal, which means nothing once ATF goes through my medical with a fine tooth comb.

Does ATF conduct both a psychological eval and poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by NobleProspect View Post
                Thanks for posting a follow up regarding the email you received. I received the same email yesterday and also found it weird, especially since my blood work and TB follow up was this morning. Doc said my results were boringly normal, which means nothing once ATF goes through my medical with a fine tooth comb.

Does ATF conduct both a psychological eval and poly?
                The psych is built into your written exam. A polygraph is conducted later in the process.

Comment

• Fiscal year 2014 ends on 09/30. It appears ATF will have 5 total classes of 48 this fiscal year. Looks to the same next year. This is a massive hiring surge not seen in 20+ years and good for those in the process or waiting. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerFriendly427 View Post
                    Fiscal year 2014 ends on 09/30. It appears ATF will have 5 total classes of 48 this fiscal year. Looks to the same next year. This is a massive hiring surge not seen in 20+ years and good for those in the process or waiting. Good luck!
                    So FY 2014 will have 5 classes of 48 hired on by 9/30?? Or are you saying FY 2015 will have 5 classes and FY 2016 will have 5 classes?? If it's the former then that sounds impossible given the amount of time it takes for processing applicants. How many classes have they run so far in FY 2014??

Comment

• Pre-screening meet and greet has been scheduled. Time to get a haircut and shave the beard!

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                        Pre-screening meet and greet has been scheduled. Time to get a haircut and shave the beard!
                        Didn't you get the link already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                          Didn't you get the link already?
                          Negative. I sent my resume in for schedule B consideration approx two weeks ago. Just starting the process.
                          Last edited by PSOSAC; 07-27-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                            Negative. I sent my app in for schedule B consideration approx two weeks ago. Just starting the process.
                            When is your exam??

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                              So FY 2014 will have 5 classes of 48 hired on by 9/30?? Or are you saying FY 2015 will have 5 classes and FY 2016 will have 5 classes?? If it's the former then that sounds impossible given the amount of time it takes for processing applicants. How many classes have they run so far in FY 2014??
                              There have been 3 so far for FY 2014 with the 4th reporting soon. There is supposed to be a 5th class starting prior to FY 2014's completion, which ends on 09/30/14. Then there most likely will be another 5 classes of 48 for FY 2015. FY 2015 runs from 10/01/14 through 09/30/15. Hope that clarifies things.

Comment

• What did you guys wear to the meet and greet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9640 users online. 296 members and 9344 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X