300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by copper78 View Post
    I have heard they are losing almost 50% of the applicants due to the PT.
    That's atrocious. Anyone in halfway decent shape should be able to breeze past those minimum standards. The frustrating thing is the out of shape folks who can't pass the test prevent other prospective applicants from getting a shot.

Comment

• If anyone from the "next batch" of candidates (June submissions) gets information, as far as dates, please share updates with the rest of us. I will do the same.

Comment

• Does your unique identifier (number) mean anything? Rank?

Comment

• Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
          Does your unique identifier (number) mean anything? Rank?
          Nope. It's just a way to track to make sure nobody who wasn't invited to apply initiates the process on their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
            Does your unique identifier (number) mean anything? Rank?
            The unique identifier is just to ensure you do not share the specific USAJobs link they send you with anyone. If more than one person includes the same number on their resume, they'll know you shared the link with a buddy. Also, failure to include the number will 'result in the loss of eligibility for this announcement.'

Comment

• I had my pre-screen in April and my SAC made me fill out my top 8 locations. I got the e-mail this week with my unique identifier. I also have a buddy (who I went to the Academy with) that started the process in December of 2013. He just had his oral boards last week. So it looks like they are pushing quiet a bit of applicants through...
              Last edited by Truth&Justice; 07-16-2014, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• The well known "ATF SAC" over on 911 had some good insight on the hiring process. Good perspective

http://www.911jobforums.com/f58/atf-...tml#post560870

Comment

• Quick question. If you are a veteran, does your military time count towards retirement? And if so, how many years can be carried over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
                    Quick question. If you are a veteran, does your military time count towards retirement? And if so, how many years can be carried over?
                    It won't count towards the 20 LEO years (1.7% multiplier), but if you make a deposit it will count as additional years (1% multiplier). The deposit is 3% of your total base pay earned while on active duty.

Here's an example: If you had 10 years of active duty militay service and earned a total of $300K in base pay (no BAH or BAS) you would be required to make a $9K deposit into FERS to get the additional 10 years of credit. This can be done via a single deposit or payroll deductions.

This is how it would all work out: Let's say you get hired as an 1811 at age 30. After 20 LEO years you are eligible to retire at age 50. Using the 1.7% multiplier, this would be 34% of your salary. If you bought back the 10 military years, you would get 44% of your salary. This doesn't include TSP or the SS supplement.

In most instances, the military deposit is recouped in the first year of retirement. It's usually well worth the investment.

Almost forgot to mention that there is no limit on how many years you can buy back. Unless of course you are drawing military retired pay, then you can't buy back time unless you waive your retired pay.
                    Last edited by Z man; 07-20-2014, 02:46 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Z man View Post
                      It won't count towards the 20 LEO years (1.7% multiplier), but if you make a deposit it will count as additional years (1% multiplier). The deposit is 3% of your total base pay earned while on active duty.

Here's an example: If you had 10 years of active duty militay service and earned a total of $300K in base pay (no BAH or BAS) you would be required to make a $10K deposit into FERS to get the additional 10 years of credit. This can be done via a single deposit or payroll deductions.

This is how it would all work out: Let's say you get hired as an 1811 at age 30. After 20 LEO years you are eligible to retire at age 50. Using the 1.7% multiplier, this would be 34% of your salary. If you bought back the 10 military years, you would get 44% of your salary. This doesn't include TSP or the SS supplement.

In most instances, the military deposit is recouped in the first year of retirement. It's usually well worth the investment.

Almost forgot to mention that there is no limit on how many years you can buy back. Unless of course you are drawing military retired pay, then you can't buy back time unless you waive your retired pay.

Z man, thanks for the response. Your explanation gave me the answer I'm looking for. I'm not at that point, not even close, just curious how it works. I have six years active duty in the military. I'm trying to weigh my options if the opportunity should arise. I have a little over 8 years experience as a full-time police officer, with six of those years as a narcotics detective. If given an opportunity to apply, I have so many decisions to make (i.e. move across the state, throw away my seniority where I currently am). No children yet, but my wife has a great career and may not be willing to relocate. Decisions, decisions....

Comment

I have heard they are losing almost 50% of the applicants due to the PT.
                        Ive said this before, If people are having issues with the initial PT then they are going to have a really difficult time down here. PT is going back to how it was in the early 2000's. We are running MILES daily, and incorporating high intensity Crossfit/Tacfit workouts. The days of having "Free-time" in the weight room during PT are gone, it is all about cardiovascular conditioning now. Just be thankful you aren't down here now in this Summer heat, its brutal. Fall classes will be much more comfortable.

Comment

• You guys get your apps in?! Time to .... wait some more
                          Last edited by Truth&Justice; 07-21-2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Mine is in. First thing this morning. My guy that submitted my app said after the written test it will move fast. I hope he is correct!

Originally posted by Truth&Justice View Post
                            You guys get your apps in?! Time to .... wait some more

Comment

Mine is in. First thing this morning. My guy that submitted my app said after the written test it will move fast. I hope he is correct!
                              When are you guys scheduled to take the written exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
                                When are you guys scheduled to take the written exam?
                                It hasn't been scheduled yet. The application deadline closes on the 25th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11314 users online. 371 members and 10943 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X