Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's safe to assume that if your not a vet don't apply! Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadet12 View Post
      Im a 5 point vet and I received the email to take the exam.
      When did you get your notification for the test date?

Comment

• New York City

Comment

• Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
          Testing might be determined on location. Your a 10 point 30% disabled vet, so you should have no worries.
          No, you should worry. These emails are automated, therefore, everyone that will be invited to the exam should of received that email at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
            No, you should worry. These emails are automated, therefore, everyone that will be invited to the exam should of received that email at the same time.
            My brother received his Monday and I received mine today. Explain that? We are testing in different locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
              I haven't received the testing email yet either. I just spoke with OPM Midwest Services Branch. I am a 10-point 30% or greater disabled vet. I am a current Fed LEO. I only applied as a Grade 9 and she "implied" that might have something to do with it (I am currently a Grade 12, and will be a 13 in 2-3 months). She also told me that my packet hasn't been rated as eligible or not eligible either way yet. I am a little worried, but she told me there was nothing I could do until I am notified either way. I'll just sit back and wait for now. (She also told me there were over 30,000 apps for the position.)

Good luck,
              Flynn

Comment

A best qualified non-vet will never be placed ahead of a vet in that same category. Same is in play for 5 and 10 point vets. A 5 point best qualified vet will never be placed ahead of a 10 point best qualified vet. Hopefully this answers your question.
                I wasnt asking a question....

the post i quoted before said "the best qualified will move forward" and my point is that just because you are a vet doesnt mean you are the best qualified individual for the job. Dont get me wrong, I respect the hell out of the men and women of our armed forces, a lot of my friends from highschool enlisted, but none the less, being in the military or ex-military does not automatically make you better qualified than an idividual who is not in the military or who isnt ex-military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacemaker54 View Post

the post i quoted before said "the best qualified will move forward" and my point is that just because you are a vet doesnt mean you are the best qualified individual for the job. Dont get me wrong, I respect the hell out of the men and women of our armed forces, a lot of my friends from highschool enlisted, but none the less, being in the military or ex-military does not automatically make you better qualified than an idividual who is not in the military or who isnt ex-military.
                  I never said it did, but the point is that best qualified vets will be pushed to the top. Best qualified non-vets will be placed over qualified vets etc.... In mass hiring this is how it works, but with limiting hiring its hard for non-vets because of how the OPM system works.

Comment

My brother received his Monday and I received mine today. Explain that? We are testing in different locations.
                    Sorry about that, I was told this by OPM. Are you and your brother a vet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacemaker54 View Post

Qualified or best qualified does not matter. The law is the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcvet View Post
                        Qualified or best qualified does not matter. The law is the law.
                        That's right. That's why if your non vet, it will be really hard to move forward. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I have not got an email yet so I'm assuming I did not make it.

Comment

• I've never seen Veteran Points applied in this manner. Usually they are added to the test score itself.

Comment

• He's right. The law is the law.

The process works fine for everyone when hiring is up, both Vets and non-vets get hired. However, when hiring drops to a trickle a huge disparity becomes apparent. I think some vets will even admit that a policy is flawed when only Veterans are invited to take a test for a job that was open to everyone.

The unfortunate thing is that the law will likely never change. No politician will ever risk trying to change it, because they risk being labeled "anti-troops," an essential death sentence for a politician's career.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree with veteran's preference, but I also feel that there needs to be equality and diversity in hiring practices.

In a perfect world, employers recognize the high value of veterans without the need of legislation and consider their military service as a valued quality. This probably isn't ever likely to occur, so the veteran's preference law must remain.
                            Last edited by o2force; 03-23-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Test scores such as the FBI are pass/ fail. Since ATF is part of DOJ, theirs too might be pass/ fail also.

Comment

• I spoke with someone at DOJ HQ and they told me that the info OPM relayed to them was emails were going to continue going out through the end of next week.
                                Just what they told me take it or leave it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20306 users online. 558 members and 19748 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X