Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually it's at least three years. There are agents with a lot more experience that get dibs first anyways.

Comment

They hire at 5/7/9 so yes there has been people hired with just a degree right out of college.

Comment

Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        I'm curious if an applicant has ever been hired straight out of college with a SAA (3.5 or higher).

Looks like I'll be applying based on education alone.

And Tampa is listed. I live in Clearwater, FL. If anyone lives around and me and wants to study for the test or whatever, then PM me.
        I'm in the same situation. Only I'm from Chicago, so I guess Chicago and maybe Detroit would be the place to apply. haha...

Comment

If you are a current DOJ employee with a security clearance will they use that clearance and just do an update or will they start from scratch.

Comment

if they're only looking for 25 why don't they just put out a lateral announcement instead? Not to bag on the external applicants or anything but given the tight time constraints from app to possible EOD date, wouldn't it make more sense to open it up to current 1811s?

Comment

Originally posted by jbmpa View Post
              if they're only looking for 25 why don't they just put out a lateral announcement instead? Not to bag on the external applicants or anything but given the tight time constraints from app to possible EOD date, wouldn't it make more sense to open it up to current 1811s?
              or they could use VRA for the short term needs.

Comment

Because, that is a poor idea. The time constraints should not be considered tight, but rather what should be expected and is hopefully a sign that the government recognizes that the previous hiring format is not acceptable. Lateraling just fills one hole and leaves another empty.

Comment

What time do announcements usually post?

Comment

I was a 2007 applicant and it me took four years from TEA to field office offer. I'm a lil skeptical to say the least that they're going to process 650 applicants in a matter of six months...Good Luck to all that apply.

Comment

If we've already passed the tea with another agency, do we need to retake it?

Comment

Yes.........

Comment

I don't even know if it is still going to be the TEA exam.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3843 View Post
                            If we've already passed the tea with another agency, do we need to retake it?
                            Q: I have already taken an occupational exam for another Federal agency. Do I still have to take an exam as an ATF special agent applicant?

All special agent applicants must take and pass the ATF Special Agent Exam and an applicant assessment test. ATF is no longer using the Treasury Enforcement Agent (TEA) Exam. Results from an ATF sponsored exam are valid for three years from the date of the exam. Sample questions for the ATF Special Agent Exam can be found at the “Careers” section of this website.

http://www.atf.gov/careers/special-agents/faq.html

Comment

Just looked at the sample test questions... The actual test questions have to be considerably harder, right? We couldn't be that lucky...
                              Last edited by SoxDolphin; 02-24-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

If you have ever taken the postal inspector application exams they are almost the same... basic questions similar to the sample ones... there will be a lot of play on the words always and never and no trying to confuse you with which is correct...
                                ATF
                                2007 app through Medical

Postal Inspector
                                2007 App/exam 1
                                Jan2012 IE/Exam2
                                AC/Poly/MI 4/12
                                Bi 5/12

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9322 users online. 523 members and 8799 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X