Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I believe the phone call comes first, and then you get the official paperwork in the mail if you accept their offer. "The call" everyone refers to is a job offer and slot in the academy. You also find out your duty location. I guess the correspondence that you get is receiving medical clearance status. There is no letter that specifically says you passed everything. Medically cleared is the last hurdle. How it gets decided from there is anyone's guess.

    Comment


    • Realistically I wonder how many more hires ATF is going to have on this hiring push. Last August I was told that they were going to try to run 7 classes in FY14, but it wonder if they are going to authorize more positions in FY15.

      Comment


      • Applied the first week of Feb. I'm schedule B and just accomplished the examination. Currently an 1811, hoping this moves pretty fast......
        "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

        Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
        German Generalfieldmarshall

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
          Realistically I wonder how many more hires ATF is going to have on this hiring push. Last August I was told that they were going to try to run 7 classes in FY14, but it wonder if they are going to authorize more positions in FY15.
          I think there will be 4 classes for fiscal year 2014 (fiscal year runs October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014.) Thus far, we've had a December and March class. I am guessing around May or June next and then August or September.

          Comment


          • I was recently down at fletc for some advanced training and spoke with some of the instructors. Congress has given them money for a ton of agents, they should have money through fiscal year 15.
            "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

            Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
            German Generalfieldmarshall

            Comment


            • Great news! I know they are expecting a ton of retirements...now all they have to do is call me to schedule test and life is good!

              Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
              I was recently down at fletc for some advanced training and spoke with some of the instructors. Congress has given them money for a ton of agents, they should have money through fiscal year 15.

              Comment


              • Mind sharing the FO? Or part of country...they had my schedule B info since Jan...crickets.

                Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
                Applied the first week of Feb. I'm schedule B and just accomplished the examination. Currently an 1811, hoping this moves pretty fast......

                Comment


                • Mind sharing the FO? Or part of country...they had my schedule B info since Jan...crickets.

                  Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
                  Applied the first week of Feb. I'm schedule B and just accomplished the examination. Currently an 1811, hoping this moves pretty fast......

                  Comment


                  • Lol. I feel u. I have two good friends in schedule B. Both started process last fall. One with a hook with a high up member, the other put in by a friend of an old co-worker who knows a guy. Both interviewed same week. One is starting academy next week. The other hasn't heard a thing..as UD said crickets.

                    All schedule B hooks are not the same. I wasn't even lucky enough to get in.

                    Comment


                    • Is there anyone on this forum who was a previous 1811 before getting the call with ATF on a Schedule B? I am curious to know if anyone knows if they have laterals report to a field office first or they just wait until someone drops out of CITP to make room for a lateral in SABT?

                      Comment


                      • Regardless of the hiring authority utilized, a current 1811 who transfers to ATF reports directly to FLETC for SABT. A transfer hire no longer reports to his or her assigned office prior to SABT.

                        Comment


                        • Thanks for the info lawdog

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Esco View Post
                            Lol. I feel u. I have two good friends in schedule B. Both started process last fall. One with a hook with a high up member, the other put in by a friend of an old co-worker who knows a guy. Both interviewed same week. One is starting academy next week. The other hasn't heard a thing..as UD said crickets.

                            All schedule B hooks are not the same. I wasn't even lucky enough to get in.
                            Did your one friend not hear anything after his interview, or did he finish the entire process and is just waiting?

                            Comment


                            • I'm assuming he or she did not pass the interview; or did not do as well as he or she thought. They rank the interviews accordingly.
                              Last edited by rangr175; 03-20-2014, 03:37 PM. Reason: Grammar error

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by OfficerFriendly427 View Post
                                Did your one friend not hear anything after his interview, or did he finish the entire process and is just waiting?
                                Hey officer friendly. He hasn't heard a word from atf after the interview. He knows he passed though. Just waiting to continue.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7835 users online. 246 members and 7589 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X