300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StarkWood88 View Post
    This G Shut down is looking pretty certain right about now... Hopefully that doesn't cause too much of a delay in processing.
    The longest shutdown was 21 days, and historically have only lasted a day or two. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about for us.

On a separate note, when a class is ready to be put in, would we receive a call or a letter or both saying we have been selected? I'm not really sure what to expect at this point being that it's my first time through.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlainView22 View Post
      The longest shutdown was 21 days, and historically have only lasted a day or two. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about for us.

On a separate note, when a class is ready to be put in, would we receive a call or a letter or both saying we have been selected? I'm not really sure what to expect at this point being that it's my first time through.
      The first notification comes with a phone call from HR. They offer you a location, and a slot in the academy (I asked HR this last time I called). I am speculating that a formal letter comes in the mail later.

Comment

The first notification comes with a phone call from HR. They offer you a location, and a slot in the academy (I asked HR this last time I called). I am speculating that a formal letter comes in the mail later.
        This typically happens how long before class goes in? 2 weeks? A few days?

Comment

• Well, it was wishful thinking for the Gov't to not shut down. Hopefully this doesn't effect the hiring process too much, especially the guys who haven't done BI/poly yet. Let's hope this only last a day or two, not weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlainView22 View Post
            Well, it was wishful thinking for the Gov't to not shut down. Hopefully this doesn't effect the hiring process too much, especially the guys who haven't done BI/poly yet. Let's hope this only last a day or two, not weeks.
            Everyone I've asked seems to think it will last a day or two, so hopefully it doesn't screw that bad with all of the different hiring processes going on. What a bummer.

Comment

• I am still processing as planned. I would speculate that HQ-HR is operating at a reduced work force; however, I am still in the BI/Poly stage, so not worried about that.... Yet.

Comment

I am still processing as planned. I would speculate that HQ-HR is operating at a reduced work force; however, I am still in the BI/Poly stage, so not worried about that.... Yet.
                My guess is "staff analysts" and other support staff are considered "non-essential", and therefore out of work today. This, in turn, would slow down the process unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                  My guess is "staff analysts" and other support staff are considered "non-essential", and therefore out of work today. This, in turn, would slow down the process unfortunately.
                  Let's just hope they figure it out within the next few days. We have made it far along in the process where a few days, even a week shouldn't matter. Anyways, I guess we should talk about something a little more positive... Except I don't have anything. Darn.

Comment

• I figured whoever is calling me for my PTT has taken a few days off, so I will give it a few more weeks.

Comment

• I think the shutdown will delay some applicants, but not everyone. My poly is three weeks away and I don't ATF is going to complete any other steps until that is done.

Comment

• Well I guess some people are still working. PTT scheduled for the 15th.

Comment

• Nice! Its good to hear that things are not slowing down.

Comment

• For how long is the investigation for? They did mine (or at least they started) in 2010, but thanks to budget cuts I'm still running for the badge.

Originally posted by Rickcpd View Post
                            I met with my BI last week. Same investigator who ran my BI last year. A new investigation won't be needed for me. I just had to provide some ID (passport, license and birth certificate). He told me that HQ needed that verification ASAP. So all I'm waiting on now is the poly. Again. If I even have to complete one again.

We'll see.

Comment

• Flash,
                              Where are you testing? Send a PM if you could. I'm testing the same day.

Comment

• My pft was scheduled for next Friday but has been canceled due to short staffing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6512 users online. 377 members and 6135 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X