Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with you but have fun getting the guys on the USMS forum to believe you. I gave the arguement up with them last night.

Comment

Last edited by spazzbite11; 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Haha. Yeah I've been reading, I also applied to that VA as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseabellera View Post
          Hi guys,

Been following this thread since the beginning. Thank you so much for all the information and support you all provide to each other. Great news! I received a call from the ATF administrator and have two dates to choose for my ATF test. I'm assuming it is nothing like the TEA exam which I was studying for some time. I guess I'm going to have to find some materials to brush up on my logical reasoning. Does anyone have any suggestions on cram study materials. I know it's too late, but I want to at least know what to expect.

A little background on my application:
          - I applied about 6 hours before the close of the announcement. I'm a total idiot. I was on PST time and I marked my calendar on the wrong date; however, I checked for the heck of it and the vacancy was open! I thought I would have been too late, but I guess I made it to the top 750 applications? I saw someone mention there was 14,000? But I guess I was lucky? The vacancy had to have been open for at least 18 hours before I applied. Makes me question if they chose the FIRST 750 applications or the TOP 750 applications. I am guessing the latter. It doesn't any logical sense to choose the FIRST 750 if OPM has automated systems that can easily query and select the top applicants.
          - I have a undergraduate and masters degree
          - I have high GPAs above 3.5
          - I've been in the workforce for over 10 years
          - My primary background is not law enforcement

I applied for DEA 2 years ago and got pretty far, but then they pulled the rug from right under my feet in the final stages due to budget cuts. It was a pretty exhausting and depressing experience. I really hope the ATF moves expediently through the process.

Wish me good luck guys and best wishes to all of you as well.
          That is amazing that they got back to you so fast, my contact at DOJ HQ told me that as of yesterday they had not even made it through all the apps yet. Weird!
          Last edited by Firefox; 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Am I the only one who finds it funny that Jose's very first post on this forum is about getting a call for a test when no one else has? Espicially considering the call for a test was way ahead of all the other timelines posted here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traditionalist View Post
              Am I the only one who finds it funny that Jose's very first post on this forum is about getting a call for a test when no one else has? Espicially considering the call for a test was way ahead of all the other timelines posted here.
              Kinda what I was getting at. Also, I have never been given a personal call to schedule a test usually I just get an email telling when and where to be after I recieve my NOR. But I don't want to call anyone a liar, so take it for what it is.

Comment

• Good point, Firefox. When my application got selected for a GBI Special Agent position, they sent me an email letting me know what day and what time to show up for the test. I didn't get a call from the agency itself.
                "Accept responsibility for your actions. What you do in a heartbeat will be reviewed by many others over a long period of time. Deal with it." -Erik Lawrence.

Comment

• This is to acknowledge the receipt of the Occupational Questionnaire you submitted for the
                  job vacancy announcement shown above. We will assess your qualifications based upon the
                  responses you provided in the questionnaire, as well as all other materials requested in
                  the vacancy announcement. When this evaluation is completed, you will be notified of the
                  results with another e-mail message.

This is from the Acknowlegement Letter on the application manager. It says you will be notified of your results VIA E-mail.

Comment

• Probably just one of the marshal thread trolls alter identity haunting the ATF thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseabellera View Post
                      Hi guys,

Been following this thread since the beginning. Thank you so much for all the information and support you all provide to each other. Great news! I received a call from the ATF administrator and have two dates to choose for my ATF test. I'm assuming it is nothing like the TEA exam which I was studying for some time. I guess I'm going to have to find some materials to brush up on my logical reasoning. Does anyone have any suggestions on cram study materials. I know it's too late, but I want to at least know what to expect.

A little background on my application:
                      - I applied about 6 hours before the close of the announcement. I'm a total idiot. I was on PST time and I marked my calendar on the wrong date; however, I checked for the heck of it and the vacancy was open! I thought I would have been too late, but I guess I made it to the top 750 applications? I saw someone mention there was 14,000? But I guess I was lucky? The vacancy had to have been open for at least 18 hours before I applied. Makes me question if they chose the FIRST 750 applications or the TOP 750 applications. I am guessing the latter. It doesn't any logical sense to choose the FIRST 750 if OPM has automated systems that can easily query and select the top applicants.
                      - I have a undergraduate and masters degree
                      - I have high GPAs above 3.5
                      - I've been in the workforce for over 10 years
                      - My primary background is not law enforcement

I applied for DEA 2 years ago and got pretty far, but then they pulled the rug from right under my feet in the final stages due to budget cuts. It was a pretty exhausting and depressing experience. I really hope the ATF moves expediently through the process.

Wish me good luck guys and best wishes to all of you as well.
                      DEA pulled the rug out from under you? How so? And you got a call already? I call BS. These threads are going down hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cthockey View Post
                        DEA pulled the rug out from under you? How so? And you got a call already? I call BS. These threads are going down hill.
                        DEA has a hiring procedure that keeps people in the pipleine even if they go into budget cuts. That is why there are people at BAT right now that applied in 2008.

Comment

• Got inside info today... because of the large amount of apps they are debating on increasing the 700 # to a good deal more and letting the new exam cut a great deal and the interviews cut even more.. as far as Jose post... number one there is a guy in patrol where I am that applied in 2008 and is schedule for one of their classes this summer... so no rug pulling unless they cut you.... second they are not going to call close to 1000 people for testing I was told to look for an email... just my .02
                          BS in criminal justice over 3.0 / 12 years LE with 2 as DEA TFO and past 5 in vice/narc
                          ATF
                          2007 app through Medical

Postal Inspector
                          2007 App/exam 1
                          Jan2012 IE/Exam2
                          AC/Poly/MI 4/12
                          Bi 5/12

Comment

• Originally posted by GSO View Post
                            Got inside info today... because of the large amount of apps they are debating on increasing the 700 # to a good deal more and letting the new exam cut a great deal and the interviews cut even more.. as far as Jose post... number one there is a guy in patrol where I am that applied in 2008 and is schedule for one of their classes this summer... so no rug pulling unless they cut you.... second they are not going to call close to 1000 people for testing I was told to look for an email... just my .02
                            BS in criminal justice over 3.0 / 12 years LE with 2 as DEA TFO and past 5 in vice/narc
                            Greetings GSO,

Since you seem to be on the ball, I have a question for you. I was part of the legendary good thin letter bearers and tested on 5/1/09, receiving my passing results on 5/21/09. This test was the new ATF Special Agent Exam/ATF Special Agent Applicant Assessment (SAA). Can I assume that since I still have another two months of validity on this result, that if selected again, I'd skip the exam portion on this announcement? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there with this same circumstance.
                            Thank you!

B.S. in Social Studies Education, M.S. in Criminal Justice, 5 years of LEO experience

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                              DEA has a hiring procedure that keeps people in the pipleine even if they go into budget cuts. That is why there are people at BAT right now that applied in 2008.
                              I know, I'm one of the 2008 applicants who was approved for hire and I'm currently in the hiring pool. The person I was quoting made it sound like they stopped the hiring process for him/her because of the budget issues. I don't believe that happened, and is one of the reasons I called BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cthockey View Post
                                I know, I'm one of the 2008 applicants who was approved for hire and I'm currently in the hiring pool. The person I was quoting made it sound like they stopped the hiring process for him/her because of the budget issues. I don't believe that happened, and is one of the reasons I called BS.
                                I was agreeing with you. 2008, you should be getting close then there was a guy who came through the FO yesterday who was 2008 applicant he was recerting his PT.
                                Last edited by Firefox; 03-07-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11222 users online. 341 members and 10881 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X