Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is already a hard class date.

Comment

• I was asked this question the other day and didn't really know the answer. I was going to see if anyone on the thread new. It was if you are enlisted in the reserve can you still be a Deputy Marshal (the guy that asked is an MP and has three years left) and do your one weekend a month. I looked online and didn't see anything say no but not for sure.

Comment

• This is the ATF thread..... But to answer your question yes you can be a member of the Guard or Reserve while you are a US Marshal. To the best of my knowledge the FBI is the only FED LEA that you cannot be in the Guard or reserve.

Comment

• I'm a drilling officer in the ARNG and currently in the FBI hiring pipeline. The FBI used to have a restriction on reserve personnel, but since 9/11 that restriction has been waived and they freely welcome military reservists.

Comment

• Thank you everyone I will let home know. The reason I posted it here because he also applied for the ATF and didn't know if he had wasted his time.

Comment

• I applied for this position the other day, but just from reading these boards, I think that I have zero chance of being hired.
              It would not be hard to imagine that there were at least 100 current 1811s who applied. I'd also be willing to bet that there were at least 100 veterans with 10 points who applied. In fact some of those vets are also 1811s.
              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• True, but you would have a 0% chance had you not taken the time to apply. If nothing else you have a great learning experience. BEST OF LUCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackhawk3773 View Post
                  True, but you would have a 0% chance had you not taken the time to apply. If nothing else you have a great learning experience. BEST OF LUCK!
                  Learning experience......lol

I learned today that I will have to be hired as an 1811 in order to get hired as an 1811.
                  Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Hi guys,

Been following this thread since the beginning. Thank you so much for all the information and support you all provide to each other. Great news! I received a call from the ATF administrator and have two dates to choose for my ATF test. I'm assuming it is nothing like the TEA exam which I was studying for some time. I guess I'm going to have to find some materials to brush up on my logical reasoning. Does anyone have any suggestions on cram study materials. I know it's too late, but I want to at least know what to expect.

A little background on my application:
                    - I applied about 6 hours before the close of the announcement. I'm a total idiot. I was on PST time and I marked my calendar on the wrong date; however, I checked for the heck of it and the vacancy was open! I thought I would have been too late, but I guess I made it to the top 750 applications? I saw someone mention there was 14,000? But I guess I was lucky? The vacancy had to have been open for at least 18 hours before I applied. Makes me question if they chose the FIRST 750 applications or the TOP 750 applications. I am guessing the latter. It doesn't any logical sense to choose the FIRST 750 if OPM has automated systems that can easily query and select the top applicants.
                    - I have a undergraduate and masters degree
                    - I have high GPAs above 3.5
                    - I've been in the workforce for over 10 years
                    - My primary background is not law enforcement

I applied for DEA 2 years ago and got pretty far, but then they pulled the rug from right under my feet in the final stages due to budget cuts. It was a pretty exhausting and depressing experience. I really hope the ATF moves expediently through the process.

Wish me good luck guys and best wishes to all of you as well.

Comment

• Congradulations! Where will you be testing?

Comment

• Congrats on the call - I think you're the first on here to hear anything
                        PD+

Comment

• Originally posted by joseabellera View Post
                          Hi guys,

Been following this thread since the beginning. Thank you so much for all the information and support you all provide to each other. Great news! I received a call from the ATF administrator and have two dates to choose for my ATF test. I'm assuming it is nothing like the TEA exam which I was studying for some time. I guess I'm going to have to find some materials to brush up on my logical reasoning. Does anyone have any suggestions on cram study materials. I know it's too late, but I want to at least know what to expect.

A little background on my application:
                          - I applied about 6 hours before the close of the announcement. I'm a total idiot. I was on PST time and I marked my calendar on the wrong date; however, I checked for the heck of it and the vacancy was open! I thought I would have been too late, but I guess I made it to the top 750 applications? I saw someone mention there was 14,000? But I guess I was lucky? The vacancy had to have been open for at least 18 hours before I applied. Makes me question if they chose the FIRST 750 applications or the TOP 750 applications. I am guessing the latter. It doesn't any logical sense to choose the FIRST 750 if OPM has automated systems that can easily query and select the top applicants.
                          - I have a undergraduate and masters degree
                          - I have high GPAs above 3.5
                          - I've been in the workforce for over 10 years
                          - My primary background is not law enforcement

I applied for DEA 2 years ago and got pretty far, but then they pulled the rug from right under my feet in the final stages due to budget cuts. It was a pretty exhausting and depressing experience. I really hope the ATF moves expediently through the process.

Wish me good luck guys and best wishes to all of you as well.

Congrats....where and what are the dates who had to choose from?

Comment

• I applied by 12:13 am. I have roughly 7 yrs LE exp, a bachelors degree and I'm almost half way thru my masters. Hope I get a call soon.

Congrats on getting the call!

Comment

• So the ATF did away with the TEA exam?

Comment

Last edited by spazzbite11; 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17362 users online. 498 members and 16864 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X