300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC-USMC

I'm one of the applicants contacted April 1st and I'm waiting to receive a poly date. I've turned everything in and completed the medical/drug screening. I've heard the polygraph dates might be going by location (I'm processing for central locations) so I guess it's just a waiting game for everybody.

Comment

• yeah I recieved my call on 03 May. So far all I have left is medical (which will be completed this week) poly, and PIV. Unless I need to meet with someone for my BI, but I already have a TS/SCI (DISCO) so I'm hoping that part will go fast for me.
      Last edited by DC-USMC; 05-14-2013, 07:31 AM. Reason: ~

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
        Just sent all my forms back and scheduled medical for next Wednesday.
        Were you in DC? I think I saw you.

Comment

• Has anyone heard rumors of ATF testing again soon?

Comment

• I had a med issue pop up at my physical yesterday. Apparently I had a abnormal ekg (first degree av block). Doc says its ok and that it could be nothing. She also said its common in athletes in excellent condtition and that I was in excellent condtiton. I am concerned that this might DQ me or at least delay my process. She said that once she is done she will send the packet to ATF medical and a doc there will review my file and make a decision there.

Side note: I had a physical less then a year ago for HSI and everything was fine no ekg issues.

I am going to see a cardiologist this afternoon to have another ekg, possible strees test, and if everything is favorable I will bring it back to the doc that did my physical when I get my PPD read.

Anyone have any experience with this or any insight whatsoever?
            Last edited by DC-USMC; 05-16-2013, 07:07 AM. Reason: info

Comment

• I had a medical follow up for LASIK last year when I went through the process. I knew that I was going to have a follow up issue (same issue as when I went through the HSI process.) No question having a follow up condition slows your process down, they will send you a form or paperwork requesting follow up documentation then your doctor will fill out the form and sign it so you can email/fax it back.

Last year in the ATF process I was getting through everything quickly until the medical follow up and it put me behind at least 2 weeks and I had everything sent back in the same day I was notified about the follow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DC-USMC View Post
                Were you in DC? I think I saw you.
                yeah....were you checking in at front desk right behind me?

Comment

• yeah, as was finishing up but I had to get a fax number for them because of a med issue (stated above). I'm going to be back there tommorrow hopefully sorting this out with them

Comment

yeah, as was finishing up but I had to get a fax number for them because of a med issue (stated above). I'm going to be back there tommorrow hopefully sorting this out with them
                    good luck! I'm sure it was nothing, I had a spike in my blood pressure for DEA exam, they just took it again when they read my PPD and all was good.
                    Last edited by USMCjonz; 05-16-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Thanks *fingers crossed*

Comment

• DC-USMC

Yes, I had an abnormal readout as well. Chest hair was getting in the way of the signal. Shaved that section and next readout was fine. Not sure if this helps you, but they were almost gonna send it in the way it was until I suggested shaving.

Comment

I had a med issue pop up at my physical yesterday. Apparently I had a abnormal ekg (first degree av block). Doc says its ok and that it could be nothing. She also said its common in athletes in excellent condtition and that I was in excellent condtiton. I am concerned that this might DQ me or at least delay my process. She said that once she is done she will send the packet to ATF medical and a doc there will review my file and make a decision there.

Side note: I had a physical less then a year ago for HSI and everything was fine no ekg issues.

I am going to see a cardiologist this afternoon to have another ekg, possible strees test, and if everything is favorable I will bring it back to the doc that did my physical when I get my PPD read.

Hey DC-USMC

You should show a copy of your old EKG to the doc as well as include it in your med packet to the RMO.

Shoot me a PM if you have additional questions.

Comment

I had a med issue pop up at my physical yesterday. Apparently I had a abnormal ekg (first degree av block). Doc says its ok and that it could be nothing. She also said its common in athletes in excellent condtition and that I was in excellent condtiton. I am concerned that this might DQ me or at least delay my process. She said that once she is done she will send the packet to ATF medical and a doc there will review my file and make a decision there.

when I was in at the Army SWC, i had an ekg prior to training, and revealed a right bundle branch block...which also came up in 2011 when I was applying to other agencies...this one is bad only if accompanied with other problems..if its by itself and otherwise healthy person, no problem

i went to a cardiologist who signed off that it is okay and just a small electrical impulse that is off..no issues....i brought this report to my physical and it went with my paperwork....haven't heard anything back about this, and that was 2 weeks ago

Comment

• are we all pretty much bottle-necked at the medical exam? Anyone taken poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
                                are we all pretty much bottle-necked at the medical exam? Anyone taken poly?
                                i dont think im bottlenecked....im just waiting for my poly next week at this point

prof148 said he was done a few days ago with everything

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8741 users online. 290 members and 8451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X