300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackhawk3773 View Post
    You may get to test since you told them you have a degree... However, since you lied twice, once about having a degree, then again on the last question when you said all questions were answered honestly. I highly doubt you are going to advance any further.

On the bright side you have 15 years to find an 1811 job!

Just my $0.02
    I technically didn't lie on the last question because I think it said or in good faith, which is what it was. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
      Thanks for the reply, good to know. I didn't wanna be disqualified for providing false info or something. Did they let you explain it to someone?
      If I remember right the question was worded a little different than it was this time around, something along the lines of "Do you hold a 4-year bachelors degree or are you currently within 9 months of graduating and obtaining one?" Again, this is a different hiring schedule so if you really felt compelled you could call the ATF hiring line and ask them. Worst that can happen is they tell you that you don't qualify for this announcement
      Last edited by echoshot33; 02-29-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
        I applied in the first ten minutes, however I'm a bit worried. On their website it said you can apply nine months before graduating, and you have to have your degree and be 21 at time of appointment. I graduate and turn 21 in May, aka less than three months, however I had to answer that I had a degree and am 21 on the application, which I'm not yet, so my worry is that may disqualify me. Anyone have any input?

If you checked that you had a degree and you don't, that could be a problem. You may have eliminated a highly qualified that is eligible and that sucks for that person, especially if that person happens to be me.

Comment

You may get to test since you told them you have a degree... However, since you lied twice, once about having a degree, then again on the last question when you said all questions were answered honestly. I highly doubt you are going to advance any further.

On the bright side you have 15 years to find an 1811 job!

Just my $0.02
          Actually this is not a problem OPM states that you can apply as if you have a degree if you are within 9 months of graduation and that it is the hiring agencies burden to get updated transcripts upon appointment, there for it is not a lie. Now the not being 21 thing might be a problem and could be considered deceptive.

Comment

• I stand corrected.... I know the Marshals announcement states all qualifications must be met at the time of the announcement.

Comment

I stand corrected.... I know the Marshals announcement states all qualifications must be met at the time of the announcement.
              It really depends on how you want to interpret that. Because the OPM has guidelines that allow folks to apply within that time period those people are usually looked at as though they already have the degree even though technically they don't. If that makes any sense.

Comment

• Quick question.

I have not been keeping up with this forum. I had my app in early as well but does this matter if you are better qualified than someone else who applied a minute or ten minutes before me?

Also, with the testing if I selected an area in Chicago does that mean they will be having testing there or only if they have enough people that want to take? (That is if I get the opportunity)

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                  It really depends on how you want to interpret that. Because the OPM has guidelines that allow folks to apply within that time period those people are usually looked at as though they already have the degree even though technically they don't. If that makes any sense.
                  OPM does write the guidelines as far as hiring goes. But....but...the agency can use discretion and throw their own little twist on them. If ATF says you can apply within 9 months of a degree, so be it. If the Marshals say everything needs to be done by time of the announcement opening, so be it.

Comment

• I think someone posted a time frame for things way earlier, but does anyone know when you should know if you are in the 715 or not... I got in at 1218 but I'm not sure if that was good enough...
                    ATF
                    2007 app through Medical

Postal Inspector
                    2007 App/exam 1
                    Jan2012 IE/Exam2
                    AC/Poly/MI 4/12
                    Bi 5/12

Comment

• Should know within two weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by GSO View Post
                        I think someone posted a time frame for things way earlier, but does anyone know when you should know if you are in the 715 or not... I got in at 1218 but I'm not sure if that was good enough...
                        I just called OPM number that is listed on the announcement and the lady I talked to informed me that it would take 4-6 weeks to be notified if you are testing.

She also said that 17,000 applications were received in the 24 hours. Unfortunately, she did not know when lucky number 715 came in.
                        Last edited by blackhawk3773; 03-01-2012, 02:28 PM. Reason: N/A

Comment

I just called OPM that is listed on the announcement and the lady I talked to informed me that it would take 4-6 weeks to be notified if you were testing.

She also said that 17,000 applications were received in the 24 hours. Unfortunately, she did not know when lucky number 715 came in.
                          I bet those 715 apps were easily within the first 15 minutes of the announcement, if not sooner. Her time of 4-6 weeks is also 2-4 weeks longer than originally planned.

Comment

• wow 17,000 ... I wonder if they are going by the assessment questions finished or application received in USA.. in that application manager it says resume and transcripts processed/received 1209am and then questions done at 1218... should have moved faster with the questions I guess
                            ATF
                            2007 app through Medical

Postal Inspector
                            2007 App/exam 1
                            Jan2012 IE/Exam2
                            AC/Poly/MI 4/12
                            Bi 5/12

Comment

• Originally posted by GSO View Post
                              wow 17,000 ... I wonder if they are going by the assessment questions finished or application received in USA.. in that application manager it says resume and transcripts processed/received 1209am and then questions done at 1218... should have moved faster with the questions I guess
                              Don't feel bad because as soon as I applied for the announcement at 12:01 USAJobs gave me an error message and needed me to update my personal information on file before moving into the application manager. I wasn't too happy with that since USAjobs never gave me any update to doing that prior for all my other applications submitted in the past. I could of easily submitted my application at 12:10am instead of 12:22am. It is what it is.

Comment

• I hope my 12:05 was quick enough.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5696 users online. 398 members and 5298 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X