Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickcpd, if you're asking me, no I haven't received any calls, emails, letters, or any other correspondence from ATF or OPM since last year.

Comment

• First time posting, joined a couple of months ago but haven't been keeping up with much. I also completed the process last year, but haven't heard anything in the last few weeks. I did receive the call from my local field office a few months ago asking me to send in my resume, but nothing since.

Comment

• .................................................. ...
        Last edited by szymon1017; 03-11-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• I got through all the steps except poly on the last one. I was scheduled for a second poly when ATF selected the final candidate for SLC (as in, I didn't fail due to admitting I killed Jimmy Hoffa or something). I mainly had midwest and east coast offices in my seletion. Processing out of the east coast. I did not get a call/package. I too, have no idea how they decide. Maybe next time for me!

Comment

• Really quiet here.
            Last edited by szymon1017; 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• So I get an alert from my credit monitoring saying my info was used, I checked the source and it said Dept. of Justice/ATF under inquiry........looks like things are moving along. My GUESS is that we will know something by April 5th to allow us time to give a 2 weeks notice to our employer (providing sources are correct with the academy beginning April 21).

Comment

• Originally posted by dru128_2001 View Post
                So I get an alert from my credit monitoring saying my info was used, I checked the source and it said Dept. of Justice/ATF under inquiry........looks like things are moving along. My GUESS is that we will know something by April 5th to allow us time to give a 2 weeks notice to our employer (providing sources are correct with the academy beginning April 21).

When a few of us went through this process last summer the only gave 5 or 6 days notice. I'm telling you guys.. DON'T GET EXCITED until ATF calls you with an offer. I'm in the process now and I was in the process last summer and didnt get hired even though I completed the poly, medical, and BI (transferred from current agency).. Not trying to be negative, but its true. There are a few guys/ gals on here who could co-sign what I just said. Just because you finished the process doesn't mean a offer will result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
                  When a few of us went through this process last summer the only gave 5 or 6 days notice. I'm telling you guys.. DON'T GET EXCITED until ATF calls you with an offer. I'm in the process now and I was in the process last summer and didnt get hired even though I completed the poly, medical, and BI (transferred from current agency).. Not trying to be negative, but its true. There are a few guys/ gals on here who could co-sign what I just said. Just because you finished the process doesn't mean a offer will result.

Good info I am not getting my hopes up too much I have other promising things in the works its now all about who calls first........I prepare for the worst and hope for the best!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dru128_2001 View Post
                    Good info I am not getting my hopes up too much I have other promising things in the works its now all about who calls first........I prepare for the worst and hope for the best!!!
                    Good deal bro. That's the best way to plan. The only promising thing I see that's different than last time is that we are competing for more than one location. It also seems as if there are less candidates this time also.

Comment

• So I take it that the deal where we submitted our resumes to our local SAC hasn't gone anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlashTACP View Post
                        So I take it that the deal where we submitted our resumes to our local SAC hasn't gone anywhere?
                        Once they established the VRA hiring authority it went out the window.

Comment

• What's the attrition rate for academy graduates? Just curious how it compares to local/state academies. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Metro21 View Post
                            What's the attrition rate for academy graduates? Just curious how it compares to local/state academies. Thanks
                            It's very low

Comment

• So how many of us on the forum are processing? I know ATF loves to process more candidates than needed (happened to us last announcement).

Comment

• Last time I spoke to human resources she said there are 50 of us in total that are processing......don't know how many are actually on this forum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9664 users online. 474 members and 9190 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X