Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied under the 2012 announcement. I was in the running for Billings but wasn't selected.

Comment

• I received a phone call from HR personnel in D.C. on 2/26 asking if I was still interested in the SA position that I applied for this time last year, will I be willing to relocate to the west coast, and will I be available for the academy class beginning April 2013. After I said "yes, yes, and yes" HR immediately sent me an email containing a list of all available locations. I see most of the locations were posted but was missing las vegas in addition to all of those California locations (a total of 11). I had 24 hours to rank my preferences and send it back to ATF HR.

HR personnel I spoke to was very friendly and told me that there is an April academy that they received funding for last October (start of the government 2013 fiscal year) and that leading candidate letters will be going out very soon that will explain the next step.

I am a veteran

Comment

• Originally posted by dru128_2001 View Post
        I received a phone call from HR personnel in D.C. on 2/26 asking if I was still interested in the SA position that I applied for this time last year, will I be willing to relocate to the west coast, and will I be available for the academy class beginning April 2013. After I said "yes, yes, and yes" HR immediately sent me an email containing a list of all available locations. I see most of the locations were posted but was missing las vegas in addition to all of those California locations (a total of 11). I had 24 hours to rank my preferences and send it back to ATF HR.

HR personnel I spoke to was very friendly and told me that there is an April academy that they received funding for last October (start of the government 2013 fiscal year) and that leading candidate letters will be going out very soon that will explain the next step.

I am a veteran
        Did you entire process last year.. Meaning poly, medical, and BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
          Did you entire process last year.. Meaning poly, medical, and BI?
          No I did not, I had the interview then nothing else. I guess I was in the second tier of candidates because when I did the PTT, the training officer told me that they will rank the interview 4, 3, 2, and 1. The 4's will definitely get a call as they are in the previous class and the 3's will get a call for a later academy. The 2's and 1's will no longer be considered. I'm assuming I passed the interview and was put in the 3 category because I am going straight to the Poly next. I heard this directly from the ATF training officer that administered my PTT back in June of last year so looks like there is still a chance. Furthermore, he did inform us (group of candidates) that they submitted a request for 5 more classes but that all depends on budgeting.

Comment

• Congrats dru128_2001!

I'm totally confused with how this is all going down.

Comment

• Sounds like they have some candidates all the way through the process and some partially through.

Could they be trying to get the class filled by April?

Houseofwool. Did you get all the way through the process?

Comment

• Class has been funded for April... Not sure how they will process those who aren't already done within 4 weeks.. I know a couple of us who got emails are finished with processing.

Comment

• Superjock, did you get a phone call and an email ? Last I heard from HR was on 2/19. She called and left a message. I emailed back and she asked me to send her a copy of my DD214. I haven't heard anything other than an email from HR telling me the documents were received.

Comment

• Yeah Superjock22 as per ATF Hr personnel classes for April is a go and already has funding. I mean I guess that could change but I am going off what she has told me. Its just the beginning of march they have all of march and part of April only thing I have left is medical and Poly I already have a TS Clearance as I am a federal agent with another agency and I have already been to FLETC. Im sure it won't take that long to complete the steps that I have left, I have been in the government for over 9 years (4 years military, 5 years civilian) and I have seen some pretty amazing things as far as hiring.

Best of luck to all!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickcpd View Post
                      Congrats dru128_2001!

I'm totally confused with how this is all going down.
                      Hey thanks I really appreciate, I didn't cross the finish line yet, anything could happen though before the April academy lol. Yeah, i'm confused too as to what they are doing, all we can do is wait and see. Good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dru128_2001 View Post
                        Yeah Superjock22 as per ATF Hr personnel classes for April is a go and already has funding. I mean I guess that could change but I am going off what she has told me. Its just the beginning of march they have all of march and part of April only thing I have left is medical and Poly I already have a TS Clearance as I am a federal agent with another agency and I have already been to FLETC. Im sure it won't take that long to complete the steps that I have left, I have been in the government for over 9 years (4 years military, 5 years civilian) and I have seen some pretty amazing things as far as hiring.

Best of luck to all!!!!!
                        You already an 1811?

Comment

• Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
                          You already an 1811?
                          Superjock22 I sent you a PM

Comment

• Hey rickcpd can you enable messaging? Trying to send you a pm

Comment

• Just enabled it.

Comment

• I processed all the way through last year (interview, poly, medical, etc.) and haven't received a phone call or email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16329 users online. 298 members and 16031 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X