Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if any of the 24 folks were on this forum?
    Last edited by Coby; 11-01-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coby View Post
      Does anyone know if any of the 24 folks were on this forum?
      Ya at least two were. They went to LA and SAC-town

Comment

• So really.... Who's gonna call and ask about this... lol

Comment

• Some of the 24 were on the forums. I agree we are still on a list. That first nor basically extended our eligibility for another year, which is a good thing. Now another announcement should be coming out since it appears opm closed out the last one. I still am unsure if the recent lists turned into the sacs are considered a targeted hiring initiative where we could still be looking. At a jan class, (brought up on another forum) Who knows, can't wait to reapply though!

Comment

• I agree, I think that they are just catching up. Until its a definite "No", anything can happen.

My boss has an email posted on his wall in his office that was an email from OPM, he highlighted the portion that states he was not selected for the position. This email came months after he had already been sitting in that position. It's a funny HR game out there. Here's to those who persevere.

Comment

• Zack,

If you go into USA jobs and view the vacancy announcement, you can see which answer you actually put. It seems ludicrous if they don't let us back in though (they are probaly looking to get rid of as many candidates as possible) but everyone who applies to ATF knows they have to move and pay for it the first time.

Comment

• It says I didn't mark anything.. But I didn't think it would allow you to submit it with unanswered questions..

Comment

• Anyone call their recruiters/contacts to find out what the deal is here?

Comment

• If you guys aren't already on 911hotjobs, go check it out and look at the ATF discussion.....specifically the posts from ATFSAC. Not the greatest news for you guys but it'll answer most of your questions.

Comment

• Look guys, the "thin letter" was just the ATF HR's version of the NORs that we received from OPM. The letter from ATF HR was specific for THIS announcement. It basically said "you were not selected for vacancy announcement #xxxx." They must not have sent them out to everyone who was not selected. OPM then sends out the NORs a month later, reiterating what was stated on the ATF HR letter. Sounds like EVERYONE got the OPM version but only some received the ATF version. I see it as good news that our eligibility is listed in the OPM letter, don't you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
                        ...My boss has an email posted on his wall in his office that was an email from OPM, he highlighted the portion that states he was not selected for the position. This email came months after he had already been sitting in that position. It's a funny HR game out there. Here's to those who persevere.
                        Hilarious, but unfortunately indicative of federal hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by rangr175 View Post
                          Look guys, the "thin letter" was just the ATF HR's version of the NORs that we received from OPM. The letter from ATF HR was specific for THIS announcement. It basically said "you were not selected for vacancy announcement #xxxx." They must not have sent them out to everyone who was not selected. OPM then sends out the NORs a month later, reiterating what was stated on the ATF HR letter. Sounds like EVERYONE got the OPM version but only some received the ATF version. I see it as good news that our eligibility is listed in the OPM letter, don't you think?
                          RANGR175: Did you start your medical or background before you received the thin letter? ATFSAC says that no thin letters were given out but I know they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coby View Post
                            RANGR175: Did you start your medical or background before you received the thin letter? ATFSAC says that no thin letters were given out but I know they were.
                            I received the letter from ATF which was dated October 3...after completing all steps (med, background, poly, etc.)...

Comment

• Can't pretty this up, but it is reliable:

Applicants who applied under the most recent special agent announcement, CK-12-JAC-608667 and who were not hired are not still under consideration. If you applied under that announcement and want to still be considered for a special agent position you must reapply to a future announcement unless you are picked up during one of the targeted recruitment efforts through the field divisions. For this announcement, “thin letters” were not used, applicants received email notifications from USA Staffing or updates in the USA Staffing accounts they created when they applied to the vacancy announcement.

Not sure what the last vacancy announcement number was......

Comment

• That was for the most recent announcement (veterans). Many of us got the same information from HR when we called-that we would have to reapply under a new vacancy announcement for the OPM hiring. However, ATF DID send me a letter (via email) which was NOT posted to my USAJOBS account stating that I was not under consideration under the above-referenced vacancy announcement. It was sent from the chief of ATF HR, Washington, DC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12692 users online. 350 members and 12342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X