Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've seen some people say that this is supposed to be a rapid testing as in the academy is supposed to be this year? I didn't see that on the announcement anywhere.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DDixon1000 View Post
      I've seen some people say that this is supposed to be a rapid testing as in the academy is supposed to be this year? I didn't see that on the announcement anywhere.
      The Hiring time line, which has been posted on here, was on an email that was sent out.

      Comment


      • Threw my hat in. NYC testing, Hyattsville office only (can't get too far from home at this point in my life).

        Comment


        • Just curious… Did anyone on here select PR as a duty selection? It seems like it would’ve been a smart move to select it due to less competition.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by blackhawk3773 View Post
            Just curious… Did anyone on here select PR as a duty selection? It seems like it would’ve been a smart move to select it due to less competition.
            That was my thought also.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by blackhawk3773 View Post
              Just curious… Did anyone on here select PR as a duty selection? It seems like it would’ve been a smart move to select it due to less competition.
              Lol I was thinking that when I applied. Not a chance in this lifetime that I'm moving to PR tho.
              PD+

              Comment


              • Yeah, if they hired you as a GS-5 half of your salary would go to moving your stuff.

                Comment


                • My wife won't let me step foot in PR

                  Comment


                  • I'll be testing in Orlando. Huh, I could've sworn there was a Tampa field office.

                    I selected GS-05 since I figured that would give me a greater chance with just my degree, SAA, and internship with the USSS. How does the selection process work when it comes having multiple GS grades posted? Do they selected a certain number of GS-05/GS-07/GS-09 applicants?
                    CBP Officer

                    08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

                    Comment


                    • I think it goes to the best qualified candidates regardless of the GS level.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Double123 View Post
                        I think it goes to the best qualified candidates regardless of the GS level.
                        I think that is right. It says on the announcement that applicants will be divided into 3 segments, gold being the highest silver and then bronze. Veterans preference will be administered inside of each segment except for those with VA disability ratings of 10% or more, if those people meet the minimum qualifications they will be automatically placed at the top of the gold segment.
                        I think it would be safe to assume for the most part that those folks who qualify for the higher pay grade will most likely be the gold segment.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by blackhawk3773 View Post
                          Just curious… Did anyone on here select PR as a duty selection? It seems like it would’ve been a smart move to select it due to less competition.
                          I did, why do you think it will be less competition?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by albertogc View Post
                            I did, why do you think it will be less competition?
                            Because they (ATF) aren't moving you there....you have to make your first move on your dime. Cost like hell to move to PR.......

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JJ1o87 View Post
                              Lol I was thinking that when I applied. Not a chance in this lifetime that I'm moving to PR tho.
                              I would have selected it but my espanol isn't good... at all.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah, but people in Puerto Rico for sure are also applying.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9435 users online. 437 members and 8998 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X