Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATF is top choice, it's one of the better kept secrets amongst 1811 gigs. Good work, interesting cases, you don't have to worry about forced transfers or being stuck doing white collar or financial cases. Taking the fight to the streets, not a bad place to be. But with that being said if hsi calls tomorrow I will take the job with them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Metro2 View Post
      ATF is top choice, it's one of the better kept secrets amongst 1811 gigs. Good work, interesting cases, you don't have to worry about forced transfers or being stuck doing white collar or financial cases. Taking the fight to the streets, not a bad place to be. But with that being said if hsi calls tomorrow I will take the job with them.
      As they say "a bird in hand is better than the two birds in the bush"..

      Comment


      • i've heard that it is easier to do a lateral transfer as an 1811 than it is to get an 1811 gig. so the thought would be to get on with one agency and then transfer to the one you prefer.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
          As they say "a bird in hand is better than the two birds in the bush"..
          True...it would suck to do multiple academies, though. But I guess if the other agency has FLETC, like HSI or DS, you wouldn't have to. For those trying to go DEA or FBI, they have their own academies.

          Comment


          • [QUOTE=KGal;3133202]True...it would suck to do multiple academies, though. But I guess if the other agency has FLETC, like HSI or DS, you wouldn't have to. For those trying to go DEA or FBI, they have their own academies.[/

            It's common to go through more than one academy. This will be my second time at FLETC..

            Comment


            • i didn't find out much, but opposite to everyone else, i was told HOPEFULLY we will hear after labor day or it could be another week.

              Comment


              • It is easier to transfer if already an 1811, especially when going to the smaller agencies. I've completed three basic academies at FLETC the first two being over 16 weeks long, citp transfers pretty easily as does uptp and lmpt depending on your end goals.
                ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

                Comment


                • Has anyone gotten a notice yet stating that they did not pass Phase II? I thought they were suppose to notify us either way.

                  Comment


                  • Congrats to all those who are moving along quickly in the process. I Interviewed in June and haven't heard anything since, how many people are in the same boat that I am ?

                    Comment


                    • This is information regarding final selection that I recieved in another Forum:

                      First, congratulations on where you have gotten. It won't be alphabetical, so no need to change your name to Aardvark AAA. With the announcement you applied under, ATF returned to a very traditional hiring method under OPM rules. As the selecting officials come to the vacancies for which you applied, they will have a ranked list of candidates. The ranking will be based on scores you achieved in the process that are rated other than just pass fail. A key one will be the interview. The selecting officials will look at the first 3 or 5 names for the first slot to be filled (I forget which number). Those that had BI, medical or poly issues will either have been removed or will be passed over. Here is where for the first time those intangibles will get considered. Your LE experience will be a big plus. They will select 1 of the 5. If they have cause they may remove those with serious issues from further consideration. Next vacancy, 2 or 4 will remain in consideration (absent removals for cause) and the next name on the list will be added. Again, they can select any of the 3 or 5. Ultimately they could get to a list of folks who they have not previously selected. Here they will either select the best of that bunch (which by this time is a very good bunch) or have to identify a reason under the rules to remove them from consideration. They will continue until all the positions for the offices you selected are filled.

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, I am really bumming too. I thought I did well on the interview too. I have not recieved a your out letter yet though. I guess that is a good thing. I wonder if they will keep us in a pool for a future class. Let us hope and pray! If anyone finds out info please relay to the forum. Thank you all!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FamilyMan01 View Post
                          Yeah, I am really bumming too. I thought I did well on the interview too. I have not recieved a your out letter yet though. I guess that is a good thing. I wonder if they will keep us in a pool for a future class. Let us hope and pray! If anyone finds out info please relay to the forum. Thank you all!
                          What about LE experience plus a advanced degree I wonder.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
                            What about LE experience plus a advanced degree I wonder.
                            I have 4 years military, 2 deployments usmc, 4 years law enforcement, 2 years swat, and 1 year as a sniper for swat. I am pretty bummin with this under my belt, And, I am working on my degree currently with all of that. i have one year left until I graduate. Pretty weird to hear that someone with basically nothing is moving along with you guys. Just my opinion.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FamilyMan01 View Post
                              I have 4 years military, 2 deployments usmc, 4 years law enforcement, 2 years swat, and 1 year as a sniper for swat. I am pretty bummin with this under my belt, And, I am working on my degree currently with all of that. i have one year left until I graduate. Pretty weird to hear that someone with basically nothing is moving along with you guys. Just my opinion.
                              You have a BS degree? Or are you working on your master degree? Without a BS degree it's going to hard to get into any 1811 gig, especially now. Of the non-leo's I know still in the process, most not if all have a advanced degree.

                              Comment


                              • Deleted by author.
                                Last edited by Applestate; 08-31-2012, 10:39 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4805 users online. 301 members and 4504 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X