300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Mint Police Officer TR-0083-06/07

Anyone sneak in an application with them via USAjobs yesterday for the Philly Metro Area-PA? The announcement stated that the vacany would close on Feb.13, 2012 or until 200 applications were received, whatever was sooner. It opened 01/31/12 and closed 01/31/12. Just wondering if anyone knows how many they are considering hiring as the announcement said "Many vacancies" (not sure numerically what USAjobs designation of this is). Also if any current U.S. Mint Police Officers could provide hiring timeline, main job duties, equipment used, and/or anything else that would be great.
    Last edited by LennyXDM; 02-01-2012, 12:27 PM.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many they are considering hiring as the announcement said "Many vacancies" (not sure numerically what USAjobs designation of this is).
    Little bird said 10. Mind you that those with current federal status and Veterans will be at the top of that list.

Also if any current U.S. Mint Police Officers could provide hiring timeline, main job duties, equipment used, and/or anything else that would be great.
    Not a Mint employee, but in the top right hand corner of this site is a nifty Search box, in which I typed in MINT and was taken to this page: http://forums.officer.com/search.php?searchid=455754 where you will find several pages of information...
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
      Little bird said 10. Mind you that those with current federal status and Veterans will be at the top of that list.

Not a Mint employee, but in the top right hand corner of this site is a nifty Search box, in which I typed in MINT and was taken to this page: http://forums.officer.com/search.php?searchid=455754 where you will find several pages of information...
      Good Copy. Thanks.
      Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Anyone sneak in an application with them via USAjobs yesterday for the Philly Metro Area-PA? The announcement stated that the vacany would close on Feb.13, 2012 or until 200 applications were received, whatever was sooner. It opened 01/31/12 and closed 01/31/12. Just wondering if anyone knows how many they are considering hiring as the announcement said "Many vacancies" (not sure numerically what USAjobs designation of this is). Also if any current U.S. Mint Police Officers could provide hiring timeline, main job duties, equipment used, and/or anything else that would be great.
        There are about 10 openings, might be more if there are some more retirements. This job is ALL SECURITY. So if you think you're going to run and gun, then guess again. As far as timeline, depends. Once HR gets the certified list with the names, then they begin the background phase. As of right now Philly has a need for FLETC certified P/O's, so if you're FLETC certified and a vet, then you might get pushed ahead. Otherwise, depending upon your status/vet points depends upon where you get placed on the list.

Just a heads but in late December, quite a few positions where not filled and offers were rescinded on folks given offers. So as of right now they might be recertified on the list.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

US Mint Police training is 16 weeks at FLETC. 14 weeks for UPTP and 2 weeks for in house Mint/Treasury training.

As of today, 200 applications have been turned in.

San Francisco has 3 openings also

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            US Mint Police training is 16 weeks at FLETC. 14 weeks for UPTP and 2 weeks for in house Mint/Treasury training.

As of today, 200 applications have been turned in.

San Francisco has 3 openings also
            Orlandofed,

Thank you for the info it is much appreciated. I realize this is not a "run and gun" job; I am just trying to get some experience in LE wherever I can find it. Also the FLETC UPTP training in itself to me would be worth its weight in gold. Thanks again.
            Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Orlandofed,

Thank you for the info it is much appreciated. I realize this is not a "run and gun" job; I am just trying to get some experience in LE wherever I can find it. Also the FLETC UPTP training in itself to me would be worth its weight in gold. Thanks again.
              Are you a vet or fed employee? Both announcements were restricted to vets and fed employees.

Comment

Are you a vet or fed employee? Both announcements were restricted to vets and fed employees.
                Not the one open for 24 hours on the 31st. There was another annoucenment available for current feds and vets.

Job Title:Police Officer

Department: Department Of The Treasury

Agency:U.S. Mint

Sub Agency:United States Mint

Job Announcement Number:12-USMINT-175P

SALARY RANGE: $49,370.00 to $72,420.00 / Per Year
                OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 to Tuesday, January 31, 2012
                SERIES & GRADE: TR-0083-06/07
                POSITION INFORMATION: Career/Career Conditional - Full-time
                PROMOTION POTENTIAL:08
                DUTY LOCATIONS: MANY vacancy(s) - Philadelphia, PA

WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.

Current or former permanent, Federal employees in competitive positions or individuals who are eligible to apply under special appointing authorities may wish to apply for this same vacancy under Vacancy Announcement 12-USMINT-174. Please refer to that vacancy announcement for details on eligibility and how to apply.
                Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Unfortunatly that will put you at the bottom of the list. Vets and feds will get head of line benefits. They rescinded about 4 offers in December so those folks will more than likely be recertified and placed into backgrounds. I know quite a few 10 point veterans who have applied.

Iam not sure how many but I know they do have a need for FLETC certified officers.
                  Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 02-01-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Unfortunatly that will put you at the bottom of the list. Vets and feds will get head of line benefits. They rescinded about 4 offers in December so those folks will more than likely be recertified and placed into backgrounds. I know quite a few 10 point veterans who have applied.

Iam not sure how many but I know they do have a need for FLETC certified officers.
                    I understand. I will be graduating with a B.S. in Criminology in May with a 3.4-3.5 GPA. Any advice or opinions on entry level 1800 or 0080 series federal jobs I should apply for that I will have a better chance of being a more competitive applicant in the pool, or other entry jobs that I could apply for to gain federal status if I am hired?
                    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

US Mint Police Officer TR-0083-06/07

Keep searching the web. I seem to recall some discussion of an Outstanding Scholar Program. I don't know if that has been going on for some time or this is being resurrected. There might even be some other sort of program in the works. I think it may have had its roots in some sort of Presidential Intern program. The name of that program ahd to change, of course, because of.....well lets just say stigma from previous history with that program.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                        Keep searching the web. I seem to recall some discussion of an Outstanding Scholar Program. I don't know if that has been going on for some time or this is being resurrected. There might even be some other sort of program in the works. I think it may have had its roots in some sort of Presidential Intern program. The name of that program ahd to change, of course, because of.....well lets just say stigma from previous history with that program.
                        Jim thanks for the info. There is a new Pathways(internship) Program that was recently signed into law, however; I am not sure when it will go into affect (there is a forum on this). I have fed LEO apps all over the country plus state, county, and local LEO apps out all within reasonable driving distance. Its tough out there right now, but Im gonna keep applying and improving my skills/education/work experience.

Also, this announcement opened back up on USAjobs after it had already been closed for 2 days. I have never seen this before. Can anyone provide any insight? Is it because of a lack of qualified applicants?
                        Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Also, this announcement opened back up on USAjobs after it had already been closed for 2 days. I have never seen this before. Can anyone provide any insight? Is it because of a lack of qualified applicants?
                          Pure conjecture on my part, but it is possible that after reviewing the likely flood of applications they did not identify the number of potential candidates for their current/projected vacancies.

It is not uncommon for an announcement to close and then reopen with amendments; thus it is vitally important that applicants carefully review postings.
                          Originally posted by SSD
                          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                            More than likely those types of programs will hopefully NEVER be resurrected unless its a career field that has a need for a specific talent. Those stupid *** intern program and Outstandins Scholar programs have no need in the LE careerfield.

Comment

Jim thanks for the info. There is a new Pathways(internship) Program that was recently signed into law, however; I am not sure when it will go into affect (there is a forum on this). I have fed LEO apps all over the country plus state, county, and local LEO apps out all within reasonable driving distance. Its tough out there right now, but Im gonna keep applying and improving my skills/education/work experience.

Quite a few applications where kicked out for failure to meet ther minimum standards. As far as 0083 ever going under outstanding scholar.. It wont happen.. Too many vets and if it does not allow for Vet preferance then it will get thrown out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6327 users online. 330 members and 5997 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X