Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied to the posting for West Point a few weeks ago and got referred to the selecting official. Anybody else apply or know of the Mint's current budget status and/or hiring outlook? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glassjaw View Post
      Applied to the posting for West Point a few weeks ago and got referred to the selecting official. Anybody else apply or know of the Mint's current budget status and/or hiring outlook? Thanks.
      http://www.treasury.gov/about/budget...0Mint%20CJ.pdf

On page 8:

FTE Reductions (all departments) -$3,245,000 / -75 FTE
      As a result of process improvements, efficiency gains and reduced production levels, the Mint’s staffing levels have gradually declined over time. This trend is anticipated to continue into FY 2013. Labor reductions will be accomplished through natural attrition and decreased number of vacancies across all departments.

That is the budget. I know there was a few internals who want to go to WP. But there is talk of a loss of 75 employees and they did not fill the last time around the hired.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

http://www.govexec.com/management/20...tration/61535/

Treasury Department: Acting Treasury Secretary Neal Wolin told the Senate Appropriations Committee earlier in February that the department would try to avoid furloughs by instituting hiring freezes, and reducing spending on support, travel, training and supplies, but noted that if the sequester takes effect, “most Treasury employees would face furloughs, which would have a cascading effect on employees’ families as well as on the economy at large.” The Internal Revenue Service would be particularly hard hit, he said (see separate IRS entry).

Comment

Thanks for the info that was about what I expected.

Comment

Can anyone tell me the pt requirements at the academy? I don't understand how they work?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
              Can anyone tell me the pt requirements at the academy? I don't understand how they work?
              Really wanting to talk to a Mint police officer asap! anyone? anyone?

Comment

Any news on a new announcement? And if so, what's the chances of being placed in West Point?

Comment

I don't know about west point but I know philly is in the middle of hiring how ever many people, and denver just hired 10 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                    Really wanting to talk to a Mint police officer asap! anyone? anyone?
                    There are no requirements for the mint to pass the pt. You need to be able to pass the course. We do not have a yearly pt requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                      There are no requirements for the mint to pass the pt. You need to be able to pass the course. We do not have a yearly pt requirement.
                      Cool!

Comment

What sidearm do they carry?

Comment

Anyone else get an offer letter? I heard they hired a couple people in Denver and Philly?

Comment

Anyone, anyone? Anyone make it last hiring process?

Comment

I think Philly hired 1 and then reannounced the position.

Comment

Cool I think Denver hired 3 including me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11784 users online. 445 members and 11339 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X