Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the applicant attend the interview at their own expense? Where are the interviews conducted? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt4774 View Post
      Does the applicant attend the interview at their own expense? Where are the interviews conducted? Thanks.
      If contacted for an interview, depending upon distance, you may recieve a telephone interview. If they want you to come in and interview, it would be at your expense and not the government.

Interviews if held would be at the site(s) you applied to.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

One last question, how difficult would it be to transfer from one mint to another? Would it be best to wait for a DC announcement or get your foot in the door anywhere and hope to transfer down the line. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt4774 View Post
          One last question, how difficult would it be to transfer from one mint to another? Would it be best to wait for a DC announcement or get your foot in the door anywhere and hope to transfer down the line. Thanks for your time.
          Once your in the mint, you can transfer as long as the mint you want to go to has an opening. You should be guarenteed the slot unless your putting in for a promotion, then you will be competing with others.

As far as getting in, just apply at the facilities that have openings and go from there. DC Mint is HQ's and not an actual production or storage facility.

Comment

So how did you all do?

Comment

Received an email today stating my application was referred to the selecting official. How did you do Orlando?
              "...Uncommon Valor was a common virtue."-- Adm. Chester A. Nimitz

Comment

Lol^^ He's already in......
                Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Got an email last week stating that a candidate with priority consideration has been selected over me....
                  ATF 1811 SA
                  Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                  Written Test - 5/11/09
                  NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                  Written Test - 6/1/09
                  NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
                  Written Test - 7/28/09
                  Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                  NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

Orlando, about how long does it take to hear anything after your application is referred to the selecting official and what would the next step be?

Comment

It depends... Management will review resumes. They might want to select a FLETC graduate so this way we do not have to pay for training. Also our budget got cut and we will be FILLING 1 VACANCY.

Comment

Any idea when they will be hiring again or how many slots they will be trying to fill?

Comment

Originally posted by jarhead50 View Post
                          Any idea when they will be hiring again or how many slots they will be trying to fill?
                          Nope... No one knows..

Comment

When was the last time you guys brought people on board?

Comment

Originally posted by jarhead50 View Post
                              When was the last time you guys brought people on board?
                              November.. 2 were immediate hires who had FLETC training.

Comment

So, I got an email about 2 weeks ago from an HR rep at the Mint informing me that they are "still in the process of reviewing applications. Thank you for your patience." Has anyone else received any correspondence or heard anything from them regarding the last announcement?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4884 users online. 250 members and 4634 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X