Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like you said never stop trying and keep pushing I hope you land something soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caveat emptor View Post
      Absolutely! Like a previous poster stated, "it's all about the shekels".

BIA has been really good to me...sent me to Montana, North and South Dakota for the protests, also to New Mexico and Colorado on details to different reservations. Awesome take home vehicles and I just got a brand new one!

Locations in the BIA generally are not very desirable however, and I have a wife to think about it....she don't really like it here and wants to get back to a city.

We only max out at GL8 for patrol and that's nothing to the Mint guys, decent overtime here I'll hit 70k this year....but those Mint guys....making all the money in the world...even Capitol Police making a killing.

I'd have no problem working a post! Inside a nice warm building beats working out in -15 degree weather with 30mph wind! And I hear they get all the overtime they want at the Mint!

Just got the not referred for Fort Knox so I doubt I'll get further with Denver or Philly but I'll never stop trying...
      First, OT is on a seniority basis. Second a TR-07 is equivalent to a GS-06 it is just a higher salary rate. Third, not all posts are warm and cozy. Some posts are outside in all sorts of weather. Won't handle much law enforcement. I'm not sure if they'll accept your academy or if they would require you to attend UPTP.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

First, OT is on a seniority basis. Second a TR-07 is equivalent to a GS-06 it is just a higher salary rate. Third, not all posts are warm and cozy. Some posts are outside in all sorts of weather. Won't handle much law enforcement. I'm not sure if they'll accept your academy or if they would require you to attend UPTP.
        Seniority based? WTF is that lol I would not be happy getting hired and hearing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

Seniority based? WTF is that lol I would not be happy getting hired and hearing that.
          Boohoo. Means senior guys get offered OT first and then it goes down a list

Comment

• Spoke with HR and the Cert list is good through mid January. So if you were one of the ones referred you should be hearing something over the next 3-4 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

Ahhhhhh that awesome generation of I'm brand new so give me everything I want. Let me guess you expect the best hours and weekends off too huh?

Do everyone a favor and don't apply so nobody has to deal with your I want everything handed to me attitude
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post

I understand. I will be graduating with a B.S. in Criminology in May with a 3.4-3.5 GPA. Any advice or opinions on entry level 1800 or 0080 series federal jobs I should apply for that I will have a better chance of being a more competitive applicant in the pool, or other entry jobs that I could apply for to gain federal status if I am hired?
                I know the post I am replying to is old, this is just a thought for those who are interested in foot-in-the-door federal employment.

Why not BP? Get your foot in the federal door, start your 6C retirement clock out of the gate if you plan on going 6C in the future such as Criminal Investigator, GS-12 in 3 years if you are a college grad making 88K, so on and so forth. With a degree, current federal agent, etc, you are leagues ahead of others for jobs with DEA, ATF, ICE, HSI, USSS, USMS. I have many classmates who have advanced to each of those agencies.

Just a thought since you said you are looking for entry level federal work. For people who have location needs, such as need to stay in New England, California, FL, etc, then disregard, but if you have not restrictions...
                Last edited by battlewagon; 12-30-2016, 03:16 PM.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Same goes for the bop. It will so the clock places like Beaumont are looking to hire 50+ all the time

Comment

• Anyone have any idea how many officers they are looking to hire this go around?

Comment

• I would love to work for the Border Patrol, but my wife doesn't want to live in the Southwest.
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Yeah they "work" pretty hard when you start with them from what my buddy told me. He went HSI and enjoys what he does a little more now. Def. going to have your adrenaline pumping depending on where you are.

Comment

• Hello guys. Anybody know when the interviews are going to start. Also how many officers are they hiring. Thanks

Comment

• Denver does a lot more than static posts! We have daily car patrols, bike patrols, foot patrols all around downtown Denver. We actually do our fair share of real police work. Also get to fly and go dty a lot. Our overtime is not seniority based we run a list to ensure everyone gets their fair share of it! That being said there is more than enough to go around we never have had to "fight" over overtime. Our days off and shifts are bid on based on seniority but the old timers like to work swings so they don't have to do anything so that leaves some good spots on days and mid shift open. This job is what you make of it! If you want to get out and be proactive you can if you want to be a turd and sit on post and watch YouTube all day you can.
                            Last edited by Gunnersmate323; 02-10-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                              Denver does a lot more than static posts! We have daily car patrols, bike patrols, foot patrols all around downtown Denver. We actually do our fair share of real police work. Also get to fly and go dty a lot. Our overtime is not seniority based we run a list to ensure everyone gets their fair share of it! That being said there is more than enough to go around we never have had to "fight" over overtime. Our days off and shifts are bid on based on seniority but the old timers like to work swings so they don't have to do anything so that leaves some good spots on days and mid shift open. This job is what you make of it! If you want to get out and be proactive you can if you want to be a turd and sit on post and watch YouTube all day you can.
                              Denver is just one facility much like SF, Philly etc. Seniority for OT is done by facility differently. You have a list as does Philly but the senior guys on the shift are given first crack per the union agreement after which it goes down the list (not including TDY assignments to Knox or other details). Nobody is fighting but different union agreements spell out how OT is assigned.

Again, Philly has no proactive patrols around the facility. Why, they don't have authority per PA law to enforce the law off property or enter into an agreement.

Comment

• DC is open now mentioned hiring 2. Anyone ever work at that location?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5915 users online. 251 members and 5664 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X