300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaye7070 View Post
    I am local. I am hoping for a later Academy date but will have to do whatever. I am excited an a little nervous at the same time. What does the FTO time entail...can't beven that bad.
    its 5 weeks learning policies and procedures, way around our patrol zone building etc, some people have it down and could be good to go in a couple weeks others take longer than 5 weeks, its not to hard!

Comment

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446758700/

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446758200/

here we go again!!

Comment

• Seems like this time they posted it as a GS pay scale and not the TR pay scale..wonder why

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• what kind of retirement is this under

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
            what kind of retirement is this under
            Standard FERS
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
              Seems like this time they posted it as a GS pay scale and not the TR pay scale..wonder why

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
              Probably an error when they did the announcement

Comment

• Does anyone know how the interview is like? Scenario based or structural?

Comment

• Took a telephone interview today for Denver Mint hopefully all goes well.

Comment

• I wanted to bump this thread. The U.S. Mint had an announcement for the San Francisco location last week and I applied. does anyone have any info on the SF branch? I've heard each branch is different and I'd like to know what they typically do as far as their daily operations and if they are more proactive than reactive and what kind of background do they prefer when picking new hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post
                      I wanted to bump this thread. The U.S. Mint had an announcement for the San Francisco location last week and I applied. does anyone have any info on the SF branch? I've heard each branch is different and I'd like to know what they typically do as far as their daily operations and if they are more proactive than reactive and what kind of background do they prefer when picking new hires.
                      Each of the production mints (Denver, Philly, SF and West Point) will have security posts where you will run x ray machines and magnometers.

Almost all new Mint police officers have been preference eligible vets. SF was looking for a new chief, so that might change

Comment

• What's new with the Mint? Applied to Fort Knox, Philly, and Denver about a month back. I know Philly had "many vacancies" posted. Currently a BIA 0083 but no military....hoping to slide on by this time and make the cut off....definitely my dream job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Caveat emptor View Post
                          What's new with the Mint? Applied to Fort Knox, Philly, and Denver about a month back. I know Philly had "many vacancies" posted. Currently a BIA 0083 but no military....hoping to slide on by this time and make the cut off....definitely my dream job!
                          Your dream job is to sit on a post and work an x ray machine or magnometers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caveat emptor View Post
                            What's new with the Mint? Applied to Fort Knox, Philly, and Denver about a month back. I know Philly had "many vacancies" posted. Currently a BIA 0083 but no military....hoping to slide on by this time and make the cut off....definitely my dream job!
                            I know BIA has it's issues (as does any agency), but I would be really interested to know why you're jumping ship to go to the Mint?

Comment

• Is BIA that bad I understand yall do alot like local police but like someone said you ready to stand post and push buttons on the x-ray machine. Caveat did you try putting in for BLM or US Forest.

Comment

• Absolutely! Like a previous poster stated, "it's all about the shekels".

BIA has been really good to me...sent me to Montana, North and South Dakota for the protests, also to New Mexico and Colorado on details to different reservations. Awesome take home vehicles and I just got a brand new one!

Locations in the BIA generally are not very desirable however, and I have a wife to think about it....she don't really like it here and wants to get back to a city.

We only max out at GL8 for patrol and that's nothing to the Mint guys, decent overtime here I'll hit 70k this year....but those Mint guys....making all the money in the world...even Capitol Police making a killing.

I'd have no problem working a post! Inside a nice warm building beats working out in -15 degree weather with 30mph wind! And I hear they get all the overtime they want at the Mint!

Just got the not referred for Fort Knox so I doubt I'll get further with Denver or Philly but I'll never stop trying...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10901 users online. 474 members and 10427 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X