Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint might be different than DA. Mine was two interviews, for COE, now I have to do the med, background, and pee tests. I'll do a PAT at some point (19 pushups, 1.5 mile run in 17:30)
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• I'm done with everything just have to see if I passed my crazy test or not.

Comment

• I was referred for the Denver posting. Hopefully 10 years at the BOP and the Marine Corps will be what they are looking for. Do they usually like to send people that have the full fletc training or will they send people once they are hired? I went to fletc but only for three weeks with the BOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavercope View Post
          I was referred for the Denver posting. Hopefully 10 years at the BOP and the Marine Corps will be what they are looking for. Do they usually like to send people that have the full fletc training or will they send people once they are hired? I went to fletc but only for three weeks with the BOP.
          You'll be going back to FLETC
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            You'll be going back to FLETC
            Nice! I meant to say ask if the MINT likes to hire people that have the full fletc training or they don't mind spending the money sending people to training.

Comment

Nice! I meant to say ask if the MINT likes to hire people that have the full fletc training or they don't mind spending the money sending people to training.
              Both
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I was referred for the Denver posting. Hopefully 10 years at the BOP and the Marine Corps will be what they are looking for. Do they usually like to send people that have the full fletc training or will they send people once they are hired? I went to fletc but only for three weeks with the BOP.
                Any news? I got referred as well but I haven't heard back anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley85 View Post
                  Any news? I got referred as well but I haven't heard back anything.

Nope, no email yet. I was referred for Fort Knox as well. Nothing yet.

Comment

• I appreciate the candor of this conversation so far.

Just an FYI, as a former USSS/UD PO who passed through the FLETC machine once already, the experience is everything you make of it.

I had a blast and made great friends in training that I still keep in touch with today. Some advice for those waiting; get healthy, flexible, aerobically fit now. The biggest cause of washout I witnessed during training were injuries based poor fitness after arrival at FLETC. (ie. shoulder ligaments, shin splints) Do not just plod along on a treadmill at 5 mph set to 1% incline, run in real outdoor conditions. Don't just jog on a bike trail, include indian sprints(even if it is only 100 feet), intervals and hills. It makes all the difference and you will be thankful when your body goes anaerobic in training.

I feel this is worth saying for the common good. We all want to succeed.

One other question
                    Is this time of year hard to coordinate interviews because management happens to take more leave?

Denver 16' - Fingers crossed!
                    Last edited by Megadeus; 06-20-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megadeus View Post
                      I appreciate the candor of this conversation so far.

Just an FYI, as a former USSS/UD PO who passed through the FLETC machine once already, the experience is everything you make of it.

I had a blast and made great friends in training that I still keep in touch with today. Some advice for those waiting; get healthy, flexible, aerobically fit now. The biggest cause of washout I witnessed during training were injuries based poor fitness after arrival at FLETC. (ie. shoulder ligaments, shin splints) Do not just plod along on a treadmill at 5 mph set to 1% incline, run in real outdoor conditions. Don't just jog on a bike trail, include indian sprints(even if it is only 100 feet), intervals and hills. It makes all the difference and you will be thankful when your body goes anaerobic in training.

I feel this is worth saying for the common good. We all want to succeed.

One other question
                      Is this time of year hard to coordinate interviews because management happens to take more leave?

Denver 16' - Fingers crossed!
                      Seems like good advice, but what is an Indian Sprint? In three academys I've never done them. (Do they include curry?).

Comment

• I do love that coconut green curry n' duck.

The exercise is jogging in a line with your classmates and the last person sprints to the front on the whistle. Sweat some and repeat. We ran a lot in Artesia.

My hint was to push yourself to >90% effort for short bursts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megadeus View Post
                          I do love that coconut green curry n' duck.

The exercise is jogging in a line with your classmates and the last person sprints to the front on the whistle. Sweat some and repeat. We ran a lot in Artesia.

My hint was to push yourself to >90% effort for short bursts.
                          That is a heck of a cardio work out! We used to take turns running around the class as they jogged in formation.
                          I was envisioning an Indian meal, a roll of TP and a sprint to a porta jon!
                          Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by CAAT0331 View Post
                            I'm done with everything just have to see if I passed my crazy test or not.
                            Which Mint are going to???

Comment

• Philly mint

Comment

• Originally posted by CAAT0331 View Post
                                Philly mint
                                Me to.. Just waiting to take the psych next week!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5961 users online. 229 members and 5732 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X