300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BradHP View Post
    Wow, just got an update from USAJobs and I didn't rate high enough to be referred. 6 years active duty Security Forces, 2 years of college public safety, 3 years Dept of the Air Force police, 3 years Dept of Veterans Affairs police. What are these guys looking for? Are they only taking people who already have one or two retirements?
    Looking for people they can mold into their liking.

Comment

• I would not have gotten the 0083 slot if I had not previously been a Federal employee (0085, same base). That gave me the edge in hiring.
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Wow, just got an update from USAJobs and I didn't rate high enough to be referred. 6 years active duty Security Forces, 2 years of college public safety, 3 years Dept of the Air Force police, 3 years Dept of Veterans Affairs police. What are these guys looking for? Are they only taking people who already have one or two retirements?
        Are you a 10 pt vet?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Rewrite your resume tailored towards the job announcement.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
            I also applied for the BEP Corporal opening in Fort Worth, honestly not sure what the big difference is between BEP and the mint. I would honestly prefer Texas to West point but I'd take either position if offered.

Not much difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
              I also applied for the BEP Corporal opening in Fort Worth, honestly not sure what the big difference is between BEP and the mint.

We make the real money, not pocket change. 😄

Couldn't help myself Orlando.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaker995 View Post
                We make the real money, not pocket change. 😄

Couldn't help myself Orlando.
                Haha

Comment

• The reason we have posted so many jobs lately is because for what ever reason they only take the first 200 applications that apply to the job posting. and it is super hard to find 5 qualified people out of those 200 because so many non qualified people apply, and out of those 5-6 offers that we give out 2-3 of them usual fail some part of the process and get disqualified. so for every non qualified person that applies it knocks someone that actually has a chance of getting hired out the mix. So if you are qualified apply fast when you see the postings!!! I think we need to hire 7-8 officers to get to where we need to be, and believe it or not that is proved to be difficult the way they are taking applications. And yes we have all the Over Time you want! we have brand new officers pushing over 100k!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                    The reason we have posted so many jobs lately is because for what ever reason they only take the first 200 applications that apply to the job posting. and it is super hard to find 5 qualified people out of those 200 because so many non qualified people apply, and out of those 5-6 offers that we give out 2-3 of them usual fail some part of the process and get disqualified. so for every non qualified person that applies it knocks someone that actually has a chance of getting hired out the mix. So if you are qualified apply fast when you see the postings!!! I think we need to hire 7-8 officers to get to where we need to be, and believe it or not that is proved to be difficult the way they are taking applications. And yes we have all the Over Time you want! we have brand new officers pushing over 100k!
                    Sounds good to me

Comment

• Does anyone knows what comes after being referred?

Comment

• disreguard
                        Last edited by eaker995; 05-27-2016, 04:30 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong topic

Comment

• Interviews if they like you
                          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
                            Interviews if they like you
                            Oh ok. No test? Or fitness test?

Comment

• Spoke to a LT at the Philly Mint today..they are trying to fill 11 spots!

Comment

• Wow. Did he mention a time frame to get everyone on board?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5412 users online. 275 members and 5137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X