Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time frame between completing the three day assessment to the Final Offer letter is approximately two months wait time and this is coming from inside admin person simply because I had asked prior to the three day assessment. During the the three day assessment, the recruiter confirmed this. I started in July 2019 and the NMC Academy class is not until July 2020. All classes prior to have already been filled (January 2020 & April 2020). 3 Day assessment scheduling for the July 2019 hiring evolution was all the way into mid December. I imagine that anyone that was not scheduled for the 3 day assessment within November and December of 2019 will most likely be considered for the July 2020 NMC academy class, or they will be slated for 2021. OST Administration personnel states that there are three NMC academy classes in a year, and that is January, April, and July. On the second and third day of the 3 day assessment in mid-November, the recruiter stated that April 2020 NMC academy class was already filled.
    Last edited by IMpromptuGHost; 12-13-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockeysf View Post
      At what point do they ask for all your background info? Is that during the Q clearance check? Every law enforcement agency I've ever worked for has you fill out references, all past addresses, all past employment, etc as one of the first things you do. Since this is technically a form of law enforcement.
      A note about background information you are asking about. If you receive the official three day assessment invitational letter packet, the letter information will list the topics they will ask you during the Psych interview. Information such as marital status, financial, past work history, etc. It would behoove you to acquire documentation that gives the evaluator as much pertinent information. An example would be documents of your credit report or VA Benefits official letter etc. They may ask for it or not but have it ready and available.

Comment

• Originally posted by LONG_HORN View Post
        Any movements? -impromptughost
        Not as of yet. OST Administration person informed me that it takes approximately 2 months before they render a decision after the three day assessment. I asked because I have applied for other positions such as CBP Officer, and I have a Tentative letter to sign on. However, I already signed conditional offer for employment with OST and I am hoping that everything pans out.

Comment

• https://fmt.kcnsc.doe.gov/OSTfederalagent/
          Last edited by LONG_HORN; 12-18-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMpromptuGHost View Post

Not as of yet. OST Administration person informed me that it takes approximately 2 months before they render a decision after the three day assessment. I asked because I have applied for other positions such as CBP Officer, and I have a Tentative letter to sign on. However, I already signed conditional offer for employment with OST and I am hoping that everything pans out.
            Last edited by LONG_HORN; 12-18-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• You must have not read my other posts. The Q Clearance won’t come around until receiving an answer on the three day assessment. Once that is received then comes the activation of the Q Clearance investigation. July 2020 is the next NMC academy class (NMCB)for those who applied in July of 2019. There’s plenty of time for the Q Clearance to take place.
              Last edited by IMpromptuGHost; 12-16-2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Link for E-Quip:
                https://nbib.opm.gov/e-qip-background-investigations/

The Declaration for Federal Employment Optional Form (OF) 306 is completed by applicants who are under consideration for Federal or Federal contract employment. It collects information about an applicant's selective service registration, military service, and general background.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMpromptuGHost View Post
                  Link for E-Quip:
                  https://nbib.opm.gov/e-qip-background-investigations/

The Declaration for Federal Employment Optional Form (OF) 306 is completed by applicants who are under consideration for Federal or Federal contract employment. It collects information about an applicant's selective service registration, military service, and general background.
                  Yes that’s you provide your background information to agency! Not agency will do background on you with just OF 306 lol
                  Last edited by LONG_HORN; 12-18-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• https://fmt.kcnsc.doe.gov/OSTfederalagent/. Straight through NNSA website please read the process posted on their website again!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LONG_HORN View Post

Yes that’s you provide your background information to agency! Not agency will do background on you with just OF 306 lol I did signed OF 306 with every single federal job I got qualified for lol and I m talking about around 36 jobs I applied and that does not mean I get the all 36 jobs lol It must be first time for you applying federal jobs isn’t it? You mention you applied CBP so if you signed the OF 306 you get the job lol Do you know how long Q clearance process takes? And do you know or just read other jobs post than this post you will have an idea. I said again you must be rookie first time applying federal jobs again. Anyway good luck you made it because you signed OF 306 with agency lol
                      I think you believe you're the onsite guru for all things OST and NMC don't you. Sorry to burst you bubble, but 2014 has come and pass and the process has changed. I never mentioned that OF-306 was the full on background check. If you remember an earlier statement I made in reference to OF-306 Form is what can be considered a "soft background check" that they use prior to your 3 day assessment. I'll state this again, I have 35 years of combined Federal service and even I can see that 5 years is plenty of time to have some organizational changes that would make your insight somewhat obsolete. Just saying. You provided some help in identifying some unanswered questions, but as always, I do consider the source of information and I compare. I take the good and leave the bad.

Comment

• Good luck to all!! Hopefully pans out the way you want it.

Comment

• This announcement is to recruit for Nuclear Materials Courier positions for the future Candidate Training Academies. Applicants who currently hold an active Top Secret or Q clearance could have their appointment time expedited.
                          Applicants hired in: Amarillo TX, pay will be set between $47,899-$75,740
                          • Open & closing dates
                            01/17/2020 to 02/03/2020
                          Go to this link for more information on Courier positions. https://fmt.kcnsc.doe.gov/OSTfederalagent/

Comment

• It's fun reading this thread. I was picked up in 14 and left later in 15 for another agency. Some stuff has changed for the better but a lot remains the same. It's a good gig if you're fully aware of what the gig is.

Comment

• Signed my conditional offer the other day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5712 users online. 329 members and 5383 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X