300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Yeah all those issues are longstanding issues with them. The dudes I knew who did OST all quit for the same reasons; always on the road, away from families, and it is one of those jobs that they have the best training, equipment, and all the cool toys, but the reality is they dont get to flip the safety off much. Mad OT pay though.

Plus one described it as 'taking cross country trips all the time with a bunch of dudes farting in a truck the whole time'.

I am sure if they lower their standards (both written and actual), it will only tank morale even more when a bunch of former Delta dudes who are team mates are now teamed up with an Army Infantry guy who never deployed and was an MSS for the last five years..
    I’d imagine that an Army Infantryman without combat experience or young patrolman would be better suited for the job than some John Wick type character. OST does a good job marketing the position as being comprised of elite tier spec ops trigger pullers. I have no idea why a SFODD guy with considerable training and experience would take a job as a CONUS truck driver when there are led by guys, who in the words of one of my friends, “have never done anything for real in their lives”. Especially considering if one of those guys still wanted to go hard, there are a lot of high speed and more lucrative options for them out there.

i bet morale of a bunch of young guys looking for a foot in the door with the gov and getting tactical training would be way higher than some grizzled spec ops war vet being sold on the high speed angle only to find themselves doing something less than.

Comment

• Nuclear Courier position is posted on usajobs hiring at Oak Ridge, TN location!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LONG_HORN View Post
        Nuclear Courier position is posted on usajobs hiring at Oak Ridge, TN location!!
        PM sent
        Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
        Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
        The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Nuclear Courier position is posted on usajobs hiring Amarillo TX location!!

Comment

• I have read most of the posts pertaining to NMC since early 2012 postings, and with the most current job posting (July 2019), I am looking to gain as much information as possible and welcome the input.
        Last edited by IMpromptuGHost; 09-02-2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• It’s looking like this subject thread post has dried up and gone cold.
          Starting a new one.
          As an update, September 05, 2019, I received an Conditional Offer Letter.
          Last edited by IMpromptuGHost; 09-05-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Nuclear Courier position is posted on usajobs hiring Amarillo TX location!!

Comment

• Turned in my signed conditional offer letter and OF-306 form last Friday. Hoping to hear back for an invite to Albuquerque.

Comment

• Yep

Comment

• Any movements? -impromptughost

Comment

• Rockeysf
                    Rockeysf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For me, I'm just waiting on the invite to Albuquerque, NM for the 3 day processing. Haven't heard anything since signing my conditional offer letter but that was only last week. Just giving it time.

• You still have time at least 3 weeks to hear from OST

Comment

• At what point do they ask for all your background info? Is that during the Q clearance check? Every law enforcement agency I've ever worked for has you fill out references, all past addresses, all past employment, etc as one of the first things you do. Since this is technically a form of law enforcement.

Comment

• RockeySF, I completed the three day assessment in mid November. Once you sign the Conditional Offer letter, you'll start to receive emails in about the time of two to three weeks about VA documents , Omnibus Act etc. If you are claiming 5/10 point Veteran status, then as a 10 point Vet you will have to turn in Compensation and Pension Medical Examination docs via email. In about a months time from signing and turning in your Conditional Offer letter, you should receive an invite with a congratulations letter from the recruiter. Private message if you have any questions. I am open to answer on here as well.

Comment

• ~Deleted Information for Update~
                        Last edited by IMpromptuGHost; 12-13-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockeysf View Post
                          At what point do they ask for all your background info? Is that during the Q clearance check? Every law enforcement agency I've ever worked for has you fill out references, all past addresses, all past employment, etc as one of the first things you do. Since this is technically a form of law enforcement.
                          After you finished 3days assessment at NM you will receive E-Qip invite from security manager OST for your Q-Sensitive background. “If you finished 3 days assessment with no issue or questions mark on you!”
                          Last edited by LONG_HORN; 12-18-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10422 users online. 388 members and 10034 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X