Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Office of Secure Transportation Federal Agent hiring

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Below posted the links to the current Nuclear Courier position that is posted on usajobs:

    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/405040900

    Comment


    • Conditional offers are out for the 2016 ACT class dead line is 29th SEP dont miss out!!!

      Comment


      • NM invites are out!!!

        Comment


        • So I have my invite to NM, can anyone give me insight to the 20/70 non corrected vision requirement? I would think something of like this would be posted on the initial announcement. I wear contacts/glasses that corrects vision to 20/20 but without I'm way over 20/70

          Comment


          • Well getting lasik

            Comment


            • Good luck people going to NM this month. If you have a eye problem or you never get checked out long time before you go don't waste your time!!! Go to doctor get your eyes checked out according to last job posting. When I was up there 40% fails on eyes exam!!!!!!!!!!! Bring documents relating to any issue you can think of. Documentation is key!!! Make sure bring everything you have related with the issues you will have medical, financial or legal.

              Comment


              • Make sure read "What is HRP?" and what are the disqualifications? Don't forget if you cant stay in HRP you only get base pay!!!

                Comment


                • When did you get your dates e-mail? If you dont mind me asking. I've been waiting for a few weeks now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Raven1915 View Post
                    When did you get your dates e-mail? If you dont mind me asking. I've been waiting for a few weeks now.
                    I guess you missed the train buddy!! Apply next opening...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LONG_HORN View Post
                      I guess you missed the train buddy!! Apply next opening...
                      Cool. Thanks for the final word on my inquiry. Reading posts from the past, people have gotten emails at different times. Just attempting to get a bit of info from someone going through the process. I'll contact a recruiter. Which I obviously should have done in the first place. Thank you for your comment

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Raven1915 View Post
                        Cool. Thanks for the final word on my inquiry. Reading posts from the past, people have gotten emails at different times. Just attempting to get a bit of info from someone going through the process. I'll contact a recruiter. Which I obviously should have done in the first place. Thank you for your comment
                        Dude don't get upset! Turn your PM on and send people PM ask questions like that. They got email 4 weeks ago and some people already went to NM. That's why. I'm this case probably not you looking for old post some people got invite later yes but it was hiring for 2 or 3 location at the same time. This is only one location and the most people want. Anyway call them ask!!

                        Comment


                        • Nuclear Courier position is posted on usajobs hiring at two locations!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LONG_HORN View Post
                            Nuclear Courier position is posted on usajobs hiring at two locations!!
                            Very interesting that the announcement is open to USC, and not vet only. Traditionally, it has been vet only, and knowing the background of three guys who I know that used to do it, it wasn't regular grunts they were taking either.
                            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"


                            honor first

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

                              Very interesting that the announcement is open to USC, and not vet only. Traditionally, it has been vet only, and knowing the background of three guys who I know that used to do it, it wasn't regular grunts they were taking either.
                              I did some research on this agency. Morale is pretty bad due to several reasons and one of those reasons is the EXTENSIVE traveling you do every month. If you are single and like to drive around the country, it is probably not a bad gig for a few years. If you are married or do not want to drive rigs around the country, then you will be miserable.

                              I heard management is pretty bad and turnover is threw the roof. They are probably having a tough time getting enough applicants to EOD that they had to do a USC announcement.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by hangman View Post

                                I did some research on this agency. Morale is pretty bad due to several reasons and one of those reasons is the EXTENSIVE traveling you do every month. If you are single and like to drive around the country, it is probably not a bad gig for a few years. If you are married or do not want to drive rigs around the country, then you will be miserable.

                                I heard management is pretty bad and turnover is threw the roof. They are probably having a tough time getting enough applicants to EOD that they had to do a USC announcement.
                                Yeah all those issues are longstanding issues with them. The dudes I knew who did OST all quit for the same reasons; always on the road, away from families, and it is one of those jobs that they have the best training, equipment, and all the cool toys, but the reality is they dont get to flip the safety off much. Mad OT pay though.

                                Plus one described it as 'taking cross country trips all the time with a bunch of dudes farting in a truck the whole time'.

                                I am sure if they lower their standards (both written and actual), it will only tank morale even more when a bunch of former Delta dudes who are team mates are now teamed up with an Army Infantry guy who never deployed and was an MSS for the last five years..
                                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"


                                honor first

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10705 users online. 336 members and 10369 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X