Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like in order to apply, you need to have experience doing either SWAT, special forces, recon, or some type of special reaction team. I don't think general law enforcement experience will count.

So what kind of background do you guys have?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
      I hurt someone's feelings once while I was staying at a Holiday Inn Express.

Edit: Oak Ridge and Amarillo Courier positions are now open on USAJobs.
      Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 01-15-2015, 03:49 PM. Reason: Additional Info
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

It seems like in order to apply, you need to have experience doing either SWAT, special forces, recon, or some type of special reaction team. I don't think general law enforcement experience will count.

That kind

Comment

• The kind you can only get from Uncle Sam and his big green weenie

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy2thwcore View Post
            The kind you can only get from Uncle Sam and his big green weenie
            You may have heard of the amazing documentary covering the elite ops of such highly-trained brave souls... Jarhead 2: Field of Fire

I listed that film, along with Aliens on my resume under "Ninja Skillz"
            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• And hopefully when I get out to New Mexico I won't have to request that too many people fill out an official ID-10-T (IDIOT) form....one can only hope

Comment

And hopefully when I get out to New Mexico I won't have to request that too many people fill out an official ID-10-T (IDIOT) form....one can only hope
                You ruin the joke by spelling it out.

Comment

• Still have not heard from OST on scheduling dates... Were you all contacted via email or phone?

Comment

• Originally posted by 80Duece View Post
                    Still have not heard from OST on scheduling dates... Were you all contacted via email or phone?
                    I received my dates via email...was given 4 options ranging from mid FEB to early MAR

Comment

I received my dates via email...was given 4 options ranging from mid FEB to early MAR
                      Rog, thanks for the reply. Will you PM me the recruiter's phone number that you spoke with? If I don't here something by Wed, I'm going to start making ripples.

Comment

It seems like in order to apply, you need to have experience doing either SWAT, special forces, recon, or some type of special reaction team. I don't think general law enforcement experience will count.

That is incorrect. All announcements have previously required military experience, any local / state law enforcement definitely can't hurt, it can only help.

Comment

• If you're a VRA applicant that has actual experience and can articulate how said experience meets the SER's of the vacancy, then apply. ...However if you're a POG that attends a EPD/PSS vetting course and asks how to BZO an M4... Don't waste anyone's time by applying.

Side note for the embellishers: Training doesn't equate to experience.

Announcement 15-0051-VRA:

SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
                          A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-7 or equivalent) in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:

Experience in performing high-risk armed tactical security work while serving as a member of a tactical team responsible for employing small arms and maneuvering against a hostile adversary to protect property against the hazards of fire, theft, accident, or trespass; maintaining law and order; protecting lives; or similar duties; AND using effective communication skills in person-to-person contacts in order to successfully execute the described work.

Examples of such experience may have been gained in the armed forces, Coast Guard, or other Federal, state, local government or private security organizations, performing such work as: security patrols; convoy operations; rapid response force operations; or other work involving high risk, teamwork, weapons proficiency and tactical maneuvers.
                          Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 01-20-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Also, just a FYI to anyone interested in this gig. Especially those with a SOCOM background.

This isn't a PSD overseas job that happens to be CONUS. A lot of people come here after leaving the contracting world thinking that this job is essentially the CONUS equivelant. That's incorrect.

Quite a few others come here thinking it's a Federal Law Enforcement job with out the report writing, that's also not the case.

This job is essentially a security job, on the road. Just like a Security Protective Officer (SPO) at a nuke site, you have arrest powers but only within the scope of your official duties. As a Federal Agent here, it's not the same as any other law enforcement agency. The job description is very similiar to that of a SPO, just you're not a fixed site. While I haven't been an Agent anywhere else, I was prior local law enforcement after leaving the military so I was pretty surprised to see how limited we are in our authority. That's not a bad thing at all, it just helps to know more about the job. OST does very little to advertise the job description and there's very little real information out there (mostly due to the OPSEC)

If you are a go-getter with a drive and desire to hunt / catch bad guys, this job will leave you dissappointed. If you're content with training and honing your gun fighting skill set, in the event of a bad day "what-if" situation and you're ok with driving countless hours on the road (lots of time away from home) then this gig isn't bad. Just know what you're rolling into.

Comment

• ZoneOne,

I'm an active duty JTAC and would like to continue being a JTAC in the Guard. Is that possible with this gig?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoneOne View Post
                                If you are a go-getter with a drive and desire to hunt / catch bad guys, this job will leave you dissappointed. If you're content with training and honing your gun fighting skill set, in the event of a bad day "what-if" situation and you're ok with driving countless hours on the road (lots of time away from home) then this gig isn't bad. Just know what you're rolling into.
                                Kind of like Federal Air Marshals on wheels.
                                They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5540 users online. 323 members and 5217 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X